List Mgmt. Carlton's 2018 Draft Thread (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many list spots do we have available?

Out: Byrne, Lamb, Graham, Kerridge, ASOS (rookie), Rowe, JGM (rookie), Wright.

In: setterfield, mcgovern, fasolo, Newman

Does that leave 2 list spots and 2 rookie spots?

Don’t we need to draft 3 players minumum in national draft or van that be over rookie period too?

How do we actually fit Goddard, fisher, etc. in?

2 draft players and I think one rookie upgrade is fine.

Updated, ranking only

1 Lukosius
2 Blakey
3 B. Smith
4 Walsh
5 B.King
6 Rozee
7 Rankine
8 M. King
9 Caldwell
10 Jones
11 West
12 Clark
13 McHenry
14 Hately
15 Williams
16 Stocker
17 Thomas
18 O'Halloran
19 Valente
20 Butters
21 McLennan
22 Dawkins
23 Taylor
24 Sturt
25 Scott
26 Duursma
27 Hill
28 McFadyen
29 Bytel
30 Kennerley
31 E. Smith
32 Turner
33 Berry
34 Quaynor
35 Stack
36 Briggs

Guys that I just couldn't squeeze in for now

Kelly, Khamis, Bowman, Sparrow, Koschitzke, Foot, Joyce, Foley, Jarvis, Andrews, Nietschke, Rowbottom, McKenzie

Final rankings for output and impact at the next level

1 Lukosius
2 Blakey
3 B.Smith
4 B.King
5 Caldwell
6 Walsh
7 Rozee
8 Rankine
9 M. King
10 Jones
11 McHenry
12 West
13 Clark
14 Hately
15 Williams
16 Stocker
17 Thomas
18 O'Halloran
19 Valente
20 Butters
21 McLennan
22 Dawkins
23 Taylor
24 Hill
25 Scott
26 Duursma
27 McFadyen
28 Bytel
29 Kennerley
30 E. Smith
31 Turner
32 Cameron
33 Kelly
34 Briggs
35 Hamill
36 Berry

Players that are on the fringe at the bottom end of the list. Still some very good prospects

Sturt, Quaynor, Stack, Khamis, Bowman, Sparrow, Koschitzke, Foot, Joyce, Foley, Jarvis, Andrews, Nietschke, Rowbottom, McKenzie, Grundy

10am (9am Qld time) start on Friday morning? How on earth am I supposed to wake up in time for that? Typical of the AFL, they give me no thought at all.

I'll have to wake up before 6am to have enough time to pre-prepare pun names based on all the players still available in the draft :eek:

How many list spots do we have available?

Out: Byrne, Lamb, Graham, Kerridge, ASOS (rookie), Rowe, JGM (rookie), Wright.

In: setterfield, mcgovern, fasolo, Newman

Does that leave 2 list spots and 2 rookie spots?

Don’t we need to draft 3 players minumum in national draft or van that be over rookie period too?

How do we actually fit Goddard, fisher, etc. in?

Mullet and O'Shea off the senior list, Shaw off the rookie list.

Not sure if mentioned anywhere else but former Carlton player Brett scholl has a son in this this draft. Judged a late pick apparently. Mad Carlton supporter also.

Highlights on draft machine.

Alright. Thought I'd put down my rankings of who I believe will be the best players in the AFL. Not on clubs needs

Will be different to most! ;)

1. Bailey Smith
2. Jye Caldwell
3. Jack Lukosius
4. Sam Walsh
5. Jackson Hately
6. Jordan Clark
7. Nick Blakey
8. Conner Rozee
9. Rhylee West
10. Liam Stocker
11. Xavier Duursma
12. Izak Rankine
13. Curtis Taylor
14. Riley Collier-Dawkins
15. Zac Butters
16. Luke Valente
17. Max King
18. Sam Sturt
19. Xavier O'Halloran
20. Jez McLennan

Last edited:
Not sure if mentioned anywhere else but former Carlton player Brett scholl has a son in this this draft. Judged a late pick apparently. Mad Carlton supporter also.

Highlights on draft machine.

He'll be one we consider. Just comes down to who's available.

Our picks are pretty late in the draft so there's no guarantee he'll slide that far.

I don’t understand why a lot of people are so keen to get rid of our future 1st.

It’s likely to be a top 5 picks.

I wouldn’t be giving it away for to mid 1st rounders

Because it enables us to bring another highly talented kid into the club a year earlier than you otherwise would have.

Bringing talent through the door quicker and together with other assets can expedite the rebuild process with our young core playing together and gelling as a unit.

Obviously there's risk involved here with that pick possibly being top 5, but IMO that risk is offset by the benefit of bringing that kid into the system a year early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should we Trade pick 1 and next years first for GC Picks 2, 6 and their future second in return?

I'd take Lukosius at 2 and hoping for Smith to be there at 6. I think he well. Barring saints take him at 4.

Final rankings for output and impact at the next level

1 Lukosius
2 Blakey
3 B.Smith
4 B.King
5 Caldwell
6 Walsh
7 Rozee
8 Rankine
9 M. King
10 Jones
11 McHenry
12 West
13 Clark
14 Hately
15 Williams
16 Stocker
17 Thomas
18 O'Halloran
19 Valente
20 Butters
21 McLennan
22 Dawkins
23 Taylor
24 Hill
25 Scott
26 Duursma
27 McFadyen
28 Bytel
29 Kennerley
30 E. Smith
31 Turner
32 Cameron
33 Kelly
34 Briggs
35 Hamill
36 Berry

Players that are on the fringe at the bottom end of the list. Still some very good prospects

Sturt, Quaynor, Stack, Khamis, Bowman, Sparrow, Koschitzke, Foot, Joyce, Foley, Jarvis, Andrews, Nietschke, Rowbottom, McKenzie, Grundy

My crack at it:

1. Walsh
2. Lukosius
3. Rankine

4. Blakey
5. M.King
6. B.King
7. Collier-Dawkins
8. Caldwell
9. Williams
10. Smith
11. Rozee

12. Hill
13. Thomas
14. Jones
15. Sturt
16. Hately
17. O'Halloran
18. McFadyen
19. Butters
20. Clark
21. Valente
22. McLennan
23. Stocker
24. Kelly
25. Bedford
26. Quaynor
27. Stack

As long as Walsh is as big a mistake as Charlie Curnow (not rated in Knightmares top 20) I will be happy.

Yeah. My thoughts are often at odds with Knightmare. And everyone else for that mater. We all have differing opinions and views.

I won't knock him though. He puts his view out there and everyone gets many wrong and many right.

Knightmare's view is not high on my preferred list though.

Walsh has every reason to campaign for going to Carlton - otherwise he’s headed to Gold Coast. May as well
play the percentages and put your intentions out there, as either way he’s the likely first selection.

Nothing to see in that video we don’t already know about him: good character, leadership, highly regarded by his teammates, and a well-rounded and clever footballer.

He’s an easy pick if we keep Pick 1, but I’m still firmly in the Smith camp.

Walsh is the more conservative choice, a rock solid quality prospect whom I think is a step above Bailey Smith, but I can respect others choices and insights.
Coming from the wild side I’d dearly love to take Rankine or Lukosius we’ve lost the sparkle and magic on the field, for too long.
Maybe in the next draft, surely the conservatism will come to an end.

Walsh is the more conservative choice, a rock solid quality prospect whom I think is a step above Bailey Smith, but I can respect others choices and insights.
Coming from the wild side I’d dearly love to take Rankine or Lukosius we’ve lost the sparkle and magic on the field, for too long.
Maybe in the next draft, surely the conservatism will come to an end.

I wouldn't have called McKay, Curnow, SPS, Fisher or even Dow as conservative personally.

Should we Trade pick 1 and next years first for GC Picks 2, 6 and their future second in return?

I'd take Lukosius at 2 and hoping for Smith to be there at 6. I think he well. Barring saints take him at 4.

GC don't have a future 2nd to give.

We don't either, and according to AFL guidelines we can not trade our 2019 1st unless we get a 2nd round involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back