List Mgmt. Carlton's 2018 Draft Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

I did love it when one of the Saints guys said words to the effect "we need to swap picks with a club that thinks they'll do better than they actually will".

Colleague immediately said "Adelaide" - I laughed!!!!!
They should have swapped with themselves. If the cap fits wear it.....pot calling kettle black etc....:D

The other point to note is how crook you are on Frank Gallagher...don't think I'd like to get in between you and him!!

He is a Dog.

Makes a bet and doesnt pay , Then he makes a post saying that he never intended to pay if he loses bets and only bets so if he wins he collects

Real quality human

Relevance to this thread.

Dont think its for nothing , I did a quick ladder prediction last night (not with scores just wins and had Carlton 16th Crows 6th
Richmond,Melbourne,West Coast,GWS,Essendon,Crows
So thats pretty much a 10 spot upgrade.
#3 for #19+#13 (which could go out 2-3 spots for compo and academy etc) so #3 for #19+#16
On face value looking like blues payed overs but if Stocker indeed becomes the player you hope could be worth it if not the he another Boekhurst type trade.

Good luck hope you guys have a good year
Thats interesting
Also did a quick ladder prediction last night; not with scores, just wins. Taking into account latest rule changes aimed at ridding AFL of the ugly rugby league brand of footy that's infected the game over last 2 years, have your mob finishing 16th. Can't have 2 sides finishing 16th; tigies are clearly the poorer side moving forward. Your prediction is obviously poorly constructed.

I just watched that St. Kilda draft video for the first time ... I am so glad we have our team compared to theirs!! That video would not inspire me in the slightest if I was a Saints fan.

At one point, someone was talking about doing the deal for pick 19, and their guy says “no, it won’t be worth it, we would only be looking at players like Sturt and Foley. The guy they actually wanted (acted like they wanted) went at pick 20 to GWS!

The most intelligent thing any one of them said was “which club thinks they will have a high pick?” “Adelaide”.

I just watched that St. Kilda draft video for the first time ... I am so glad we have our team compared to theirs!! That video would not inspire me in the slightest if I was a Saints fan.

At one point, someone was talking about doing the deal for pick 19, and their guy says “no, it won’t be worth it, we would only be looking at players like Sturt and Foley. The guy they actually wanted (acted like they wanted) went at pick 20 to GWS!

The most intelligent thing any one of them said was “which club thinks they will have a high pick?” “Adelaide”.

The saints have been a dogs dinner from day one.
I actually believe the club is cursed.
Billings and Gresham are OOC at years end and would fit nicely at Carlton.
Adelaides 2019 1st rounder would be the guts of a trade.

So....if Stocker was 6 on our list, any guesses who our top 5 were?

I’d stab in the dark with:

1. Walsh (ok not a stab in the dark that one!)
2. Rankine
3. Lukosius (too good to pass up)
4. M.King (purely on SOS’s positive reaction when Saints got him).
5. Smith

Even tho we didn’t really need another key forward I think King and Lukosius would still be there.

So....if Stocker was 6 on our list, any guesses who our top 5 were?

I’d stab in the dark with:

1. Walsh (ok not a stab in the dark that one!)
2. Rankine
3. Lukosius (too good to pass up)
4. M.King (purely on SOS’s positive reaction when Saints got him).
5. Smith

Even tho we didn’t really need another key forward I think King and Lukosius would still be there.

I reckon you are pretty close. Going by the discussions in our draft video it seems we rated Stocker higher than Smith.
I would assume you have 1 - 4 spot on. Number 5 could have been either Rozee, Ben King or Caldwell. Most likely Rozee IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back