List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He picks and chooses when to include the recruiters haul of picks into the grading
How can anyone give GC an A? Of course they've selected good players, but really not too hard with #1, #2, #11 and #27. There trading was anything but shrewd e.g. they traded 2020 pick #11 for Sharp; in which world is that a great trade?
Suns could have kept pick 20 and traded out 2020 pick 11 the night before then had Sharp or even better without the drama of a random selection being pick 27. I'm sure Port having 2 picks before pick 27 would have taken up any Suns offer of a future first rounder. This trade is very suspect.

I missed today's draft.
Can someone that paid close attention tell me what type of players Honey and Phillips are that we got in rookie draft.
Smalls, talls, forwards, quick etc etc. ??
Help!! come on people, surely someone watched it and can comment , rather than argue with each other over pissing contests...lol

Harks I really don't care who kicks the goals, who wins the possession count or gets brownlow votes
The evidence is clear, Tigers leading goal kickers were 2 KPF's and a resting bull mid, let that sink in
Stop listening to what people say, Teague, Liddle even the likes of me, the evidence is in who we gained
Not a single longterm small forward, they are the facts. I don't need anyone to change my mind and I am satisfied the club addressed the types I saw as a need

Let's take this up again end of next year

I'll wave the white flag but sure, let's pick it up next year and things can change of course.....but facts are facts given the type we tried bringing to the club this year were a result of Teagues needs. (See Eddie Betts)

Help!! come on people, surely someone watched it and can comment , rather than argue with each other over pissing contests...lol
I'm no draft expert by any means but Honey seems to be a mid-sized to small forward with good pace, played a bit in the midfield and was a bit of an accumulator. Both parents were elite athletes in different sports, both sisters athletes as well. Consistency his main area of improvement. Fast too.

Phillips also mid-sized forward with good goal sense and a clean left foot, so far seems to be a straight forward though. Dangerous around goals but more of a project player and could take a bit longer to develop.

Also try these.

Suns could have kept pick 20 and traded out 2020 pick 11 the night before then had Sharp or even better without the drama of a random selection being pick 27. I'm sure Port having 2 picks before pick 27 would have taken up any Suns offer of a future first rounder. This trade is very suspect.

No it’s all good Ken Wood has ticked it off.

We really do need a sarcasm emoji - the roll eyes one really isn’t enough.

:rolleyes:

I'm no draft expert by any means but Honey seems to be a mid-sized to small forward with good pace, played a bit in the midfield and was a bit of an accumulator. Both parents were elite athletes in different sports, both sisters athletes as well. Consistency his main area of improvement. Fast too.

Phillips also mid-sized forward with good goal sense and a clean left foot, so far seems to be a straight forward though. Dangerous around goals but more of a project player and could take a bit longer to develop.

Also try these.

Better late, than never. Thanks heaps mate. Really appreciate the post. Sounds like two forward types mainly which makes me happy.
Wow, will have to look if Honey related to the Olympian, I'm guessing he is by your description and will follow up articles to read further.
Thanks again mate. :thumbsu:

I missed today's draft.
Can someone that paid close attention tell me what type of players Honey and Phillips are that we got in rookie draft.
Smalls, talls, forwards, quick etc etc. ??
Both medium mid Fowards who are quick with xfactor.

Better late, than never. Thanks heaps mate. Really appreciate the post. Sounds like two forward types mainly which makes me happy.
Wow, will have to look if Honey related to the Olympian, I'm guessing he is by your description and will follow up articles to read further.
No worries, both his dad and his uncle were olympians I read the other day.

I'll wave the white flag but sure, let's pick it up next year and things can change of course.....but facts are facts given the type we tried bringing to the club this year were a result of Teagues needs. (See Eddie Betts)

You still going with a 33 year old small forward as facts that we were targeting those types as priority 1? Staggering

Forget what we tried to target Harks, as I could probably mention another hand full of players, all of which are not small forwards

These are the facts, whether they suit your agenda or preferences, all bar an aging 33 year old we gained were not small forwards

Can't be clearer than that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Gold Coast's trade with Geelong is arguably alright from their viewpoint. Make no mistake it is an absolute windfall for Geelong, but it is at least arguably ok for Gold Coast.

Unlike the Jack Martin thing where it was and always was gonna be a s**t sandwich copping nothing instead of something decent.

Back to the Geelong trade though, it is similar to ours last year with Stocker. They have identified a player they rated and gone out and got him in a year early than their future pick. Like we had Stocker rated high last year, they had Jeremy Sharp rated high this year. They were apparently set on taking him at 15 if they didn't do the trade with us for 9.

So from their POV, they have traded Pick 11 next year for their Pick 15(at worst) rated player this year. That's solid enough thinking. They can now get him into training with their 8 other top picks in a 2 year bloc.

Gary Honey (long jump - silver at LA Olympics 84, and 2 x golds at Comm Games) is his uncle. 2nd behind Carl Lewis in 84.

His dad Neil was a pole vaulter, (Comm Games level).
Josh's sisters are state level in aths and netball.
Should be good athletically and have a handy spring with that pedigree.

Both medium mid Fowards who are quick with xfactor.
Yeah, just caught up with video highlights of all of Ramsey, Honey and Phillips and all really excite me in terms of attributes we can do with. People that can evade, run, spread, kick and hit the scoreboard is what I want more of and looks like we playing the numbers game here so well. Philips even reminds me a little of Brad Pearce in brief highlights I saw.

Gary Honey (long jump - silver at LA Olympics 84, and 2 x golds at Comm Games) is his uncle. 2nd behind Carl Lewis in 84.

His dad Neil was a pole vaulter, (Comm Games level).
Josh's sisters are state level in aths and netball.
Should be good athletically and have a handy spring with that pedigree.
Yeah, just read articles about 10 minutes back. When I saw he was related to Gary Honey, I got super excited. Gary Honey was bloody elite athlete. If only Carl Leiws can beat you in his time, that shows you how elite the family genes are for sport. Love it!!!!

I think Gold Coast's trade with Geelong is arguably alright from their viewpoint. Make no mistake it is an absolute windfall for Geelong, but it is at least arguably ok for Gold Coast.

Unlike the Jack Martin thing where it was and always was gonna be a s**t sandwich copping nothing instead of something decent.

Back to the Geelong trade though, it is similar to ours last year with Stocker. They have identified a player they rated and gone out and got him in a year early than their future pick. Like we had Stocker rated high last year, they had Jeremy Sharp rated high this year. They were apparently set on taking him at 15 if they didn't do the trade with us for 9.

So from their POV, they have traded Pick 11 next year for their Pick 15(at worst) rated player this year. That's solid enough thinking. They can now get him into training with their 8 other top picks in a 2 year bloc.

As far as the trade with Geelong goes - It was a terrible look and it has no other grounds to stand on, whereas the Stocker trade did.

I doubt any other club would have been so nonchalant about losing a mid-table first the next year, under the same circumstances.
Did they even try getting something substantial in return. Why would they, I guess. They have the AFL as an ally and there's more goodies to be had from where they got their last lot from. :)

Nah, it is not the same mate. The thing with Stoker trade that makes it ticked off straight away is it was simply a future round pick swap. So there was no certain pick numbers involved. Carlton and Adelaide could be 17 spots different on ladder either way in theory which makes that trade ticked off by Ken Wood a no brainer.
Cats and Gold Coast trade is automatically got pick numbers attached of 11 and 27. Different years of draft, yes, but value of draft picks is clearly, massive favour of Geelong. Good luck to Cats for Ken Wood allowing it to go through....

Gold Coast throwing around draft picks like they know they get them given out freely to them anyway.....

Nah, it is not the same mate. The thing with Stoker trade that makes it ticked off straight away is it was simply a future round pick swap. So there was no certain pick numbers involved. Carlton and Adelaide could be 17 spots different on ladder either way in theory which makes that trade ticked off by Ken Wood a no brainer.
Cats and Gold Coast trade is automatically got pick numbers attached of 11 and 27. Different years of draft, yes, but value of draft picks is clearly, massive favour of Geelong. Good luck to Cats for Ken Wood allowing it to go through....

Gold Coast throwing around draft picks like they know they get them given out freely to them anyway.....
Nah, GC gonna be top 8 and would have lost pick #11 anyway - so it is a free hit :straining:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back