List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I just finished watching a couple of replays of our wins over GC and Adelaide and something that really stood out was just how good Kennedy is with his kicking, not only for goal which in itself is elite but his field kicking and delivery to players inside 50 is just elite, weights his kicks perfectly and puts it to the forwards advantage every time. If we can get him up and covering the ground a bit better he will be a massive asset for us forward of centre.
With Charlie and Harry in doubt for the start of the season Kennedy could have a big impact early in the year as a marking forward, hope Russell really gets him up and about for Rd 1 as we could really need him.

Kennedy is foremost a footballer.

Very clever with body positioning, 1%ers, a v strong mark, has nice skills

Only let down by average athleticism and injuries.

I just finished watching a couple of replays of our wins over GC and Adelaide and something that really stood out was just how good Kennedy is with his kicking, not only for goal which in itself is elite but his field kicking and delivery to players inside 50 is just elite, weights his kicks perfectly and puts it to the forwards advantage every time. If we can get him up and covering the ground a bit better he will be a massive asset for us forward of centre.
With Charlie and Harry in doubt for the start of the season Kennedy could have a big impact early in the year as a marking forward, hope Russell really gets him up and about for Rd 1 as we could really need him.

Think he was held back by injury in his first year with us. I went to Melbourne and watched the Stkilda game that year. His disposal was absolutely woeful. Missed targets everywhere.

He certainly has improved and from that base needed to. Hope he keeps coming on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So a whisper that Silvagni is on his way to the Saints, now they have a few ex Sydney players there as well. Now who was Papley communicating with at Carlton? Hope it wasn't Sos.

Aint's have a good story that they can get deals done, not necessarily the right deals but they get them done. They still have their first round pick next year I think which fingers crossed will be a much earlier pick than ours. They have a good fella as a coach but geez its a lot of work to get them challenging for a cup.

A lot of Melbourne clubs could benefit from SOS, could see Carlton getting raided by him for a new team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aint's have a good story that they can get deals done, not necessarily the right deals but they get them done. They still have their first round pick next year I think which fingers crossed will be a much earlier pick than ours. They have a good fella as a coach but geez its a lot of work to get them challenging for a cup.

A lot of Melbourne clubs could benefit from SOS, could see Carlton getting raided by him for a new team.
Ah i forgot, we still have our recruiting guru Liddle.

Murray didn't get picked up in rookie draft he's playing for Willy in the VFL next year.
The only person at Carlton that is a worse kick than Murray is Ian Prendergast. Murray makes Casboult look like Scott Pendlebury.

So a whisper that Silvagni is on his way to the Saints, now they have a few ex Sydney players there as well. Now who was Papley communicating with at Carlton? Hope it wasn't Sos.

They also have a boatload of small forward/mids, so I wouldn't have thought he'd be high on their list. Suspect their cap is going to start getting a bit tight too, which could be a factor.

We should still be best placed to secure Papley, provided we perform reasonably well on field. Connections in Agresta and Newman will help, Playfair too (perhaps - he spent time at Sydney, not sure if he would have had much to do with Papley though?).

Also wouldn't discount the pull of Cripps and Docherty as captains when approaching opposition players, think they'd be more convincing than Geary.

Think I read somewhere SOS wasn't after Papley, think it was Lloyd/ liddle.

I would of thought SOS would head back to the giants with his mate Allen??

I hope they release a draft night video of SOS wheeling and dealing like they did last year.

Surely they could do better than the Melbourne one they released last week
doubt there's much interest or impetus for that now.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back