List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Billings would be a handy acquisition across HF, at the right price.

I reckon Tim Taranto could be one re: 1st rounders in play as a target for next off-season. Jack Martin from GCFC as well.
Taranto would be a sensational get.

if we are going full lygon street it's coniglio or gtfo..........

24b8915309e08a5b3d51ee8ec0ee8a28.jpg

Not directly associated to the draft other than for pick numbers, but all of a sudden Adelaides best team doesn't look quite as potent as it used to.
One of the main reasons for this has a little to do with ex-Carlton players;
Jacobs can be a hot and cold player but at 31 years of age, he may start to slow down.
Betts has already started to slow down and he wouldn't want to drop his form any further than what was on show in 2018.
Gibbs: Likely to not lose too much but no spring chicken here either at 30 years of age.

Add a slowing Jenkins and Walker up front and the loss of McGovern to boot and it's not out of the question, Adelaide may not have the year they thought they may when making the Stocker trade with us.
There are obviously still some very good players at the club, but they are starting to look a little heavy, a little bit old and maybe not so quick either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not directly associated to the draft other than for pick numbers, but all of a sudden Adelaides best team doesn't look quite as potent as it used to.
One of the main reasons for this has a little to do with ex-Carlton players;
Jacobs can be a hot and cold player but at 31 years of age, he may start to slow down.
Betts has already started to slow down and he wouldn't want to drop his form any further than what was on show in 2018.
Gibbs: Likely to not lose too much but no spring chicken here either at 30 years of age.

Add a slowing Jenkins and Walker up front and the loss of McGovern to boot and it's not out of the question, Adelaide may not have the year they thought they may when making the Stocker trade with us.
There are obviously still some very good players at the club, but they are starting to look a little heavy, a little bit old and maybe not so quick either.
Yep, Sloan getting injured more Brad Crouch always injured And Mat Crouch is ineffective because he wont kick the football. Cant see them improving this year or next. Also what about there coach, is he any good? Walked into a Phill Walsh system and made the Grend Final, 2nd year not so good.

Unfortunately we've just lost again one of our few genuine top-end senior players. Doesn't mean the Stocker decision was wrong by any means. But it does mean we're going to struggle to get out of the bottom 4.

Billings would be a handy acquisition across HF, at the right price.

I reckon Tim Taranto could be one re: 1st rounders in play as a target for next off-season. Jack Martin from GCFC as well.

Billings could be a jet playing as an outside midfielder. His game would elevate playing alongside Cripps.

I like Taranto but highly unlikely GWS will let him go.

Jack Martin is the one I'm least certain of. He's not the greatest contested ball player and I'm not convinced he has the endurance to play as an outside midfielder or on the wing. I know people will tell me he's a talent. I'm just not convinced he'll take the next step in his career.

With Martin, I honestly believe it's what you see is what you get. He'll remain on the flanks for the remainder of his career and drift in and out of games on a regular basis.

Not saying he's a bad player or that's a bad thing. Just don't think he'd become the player we'd expect him to become if we recruited him from Gold Coast.

Unfortunately we've just lost again one of our few genuine top-end senior players. Doesn't mean the Stocker decision was wrong by any means. But it does mean we're going to struggle to get out of the bottom 4.
Watch O'Brien go. The lad will be better at Docs role than Doc. Better kick.

Watch O'Brien go. The lad will be better at Docs role than Doc. Better kick.

Not the same intercept marking.

Anyone watch the Insider Saints video of their drafting?

Knowing they wouldn't have taken Stocker at 19 but instead would have gone for RCD gives me even more confidence we made the right choice.

Saints are nuppties!

Not the same intercept marking.

Anyone watch the Insider Saints video of their drafting?

Knowing they wouldn't have taken Stocker at 19 but instead would have gone for RCD gives me even more confidence we made the right choice.

Saints are nuppties!

I watched the first round of the draft live this year.

When the trade with Adelaide was executed, my first thought was we've made a play to get our hands on Riley Collier-Dawkins.

At this stage, player careers are all speculative. Will be interesting to see where we rate the draftees in 5 years time.

Jeremy Sharp 186cm 72kg, 13/8/2001, East Fremantle

I was somewhat surprised to see Sharp is only 186cm tall after I'd seen him live as he looked to be approaching the 190cm mark when I watched him live. Then again, apart from Foley, the WA midfield contingent wasn't exactly over-endowed with height this carnival. He also looked to be heavier than his listed 72kg as well. The thing that really stands out with Sharp is how clean he is when handling the ball. Whether it's acquisition, disposal or even bouncing the ball you always feel he's in control and it won't get away from him. While his disposal by foot is very good when taking a short option, I can't recall too many times where he really sunk his slipper into the ball, so I can't comment on his kicking over longer distances. Pace is OK without being anything remarkable, but he does have a nice burst of acceleration when combined with some wonderful agility that buys him adequate time.

View attachment 592967

At this stage Sharp is strictly an outside player that requires others to find the ball for him and the contested side of his game is something he'll need to work on. Having said that, like Simpson, he keeps himself close enough to the contest his team mates can make regular use of him. The defensive side of his game is an area that is lacking and tackling wasn't something that he often engaged in. While Sharp has a knack for getting into usable space he often lost tabs on where his opponent was got hurt when the ball went back the other way.

Sharp had an excellent U18 Carnival as an under-ager and it'll be interesting to see how this kid's game develops over the next 12 months. He already has a nice endurance base, covers a lot of ground, makes good decisions, rarely looks rushed and if he can grow his game in those areas that require improvement he'll end up an excellent player.
What are your thoughts on Mitch O’Neill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back