18. Caleb Serong
19. Ky Pickett
20. Charlie Comben
21. Elijah Taylor
22. Trent Rivers
23. Jeremy Sharp
24. Nick Bryan
25. Cody Weightman

Very tough to order. I have significant queries over every player. I know you could say that about every draftee in every year, but i say that on a comparitive scale. Really interested to see if all the phantom's and public recruiters opinions largely merge as the draft nears like normal this year, or if large divergences occur.

Can only go with your own opinion, and this is mine at this stage.

September Update:

1. Matt Rowell
2. Dylan Williams
3. Noah Anderson
4. Brodie Kemp
5. Devan Robertson
6. Fischer McAsey
7. Luke Jackson
8. Will Gould
9. Hayden Young
10. Lachie Ashe
11. Tom Green
12. Liam Henry
13. Harry Schoenberg
14. Dylan Stephens
15. Sam DeKonning
16. Finn MaGinniss
17.Sam Flanders
18. Caleb Serong
19. Ky Pickett
20. Charlie Comben
21. Elijah Taylor
22. Trent Rivers
23. Jeremy Sharp
24. Nick Bryan
25. Cody Weightman

Very tough to order. I have significant queries over every player. I know you could say that about every draftee in every year, but i say that on a comparitive scale. Really interested to see if all the phantom's and public recruiters opinions largely merge as the draft nears like normal this year, or if large divergences occur.

Appreciate all the hard work and research you want into that mate, my only suggestion is that Flanders is probably too low, still projected to go top ten, possibly top 5..

Hens Love Roosters, Geese love Gander
AFL Recruiters love Sam Flanders ! 🎶🎶🎶

September Update:

1. Matt Rowell
2. Dylan Williams
3. Noah Anderson
4. Brodie Kemp
5. Devan Robertson
6. Fischer McAsey
7. Luke Jackson
8. Will Gould
9. Hayden Young
10. Lachie Ashe
11. Tom Green
12. Liam Henry
13. Harry Schoenberg
14. Dylan Stephens
15. Sam DeKonning
16. Finn MaGinniss
17.Sam Flanders
18. Caleb Serong
19. Ky Pickett
20. Charlie Comben
21. Elijah Taylor
22. Trent Rivers
23. Jeremy Sharp
24. Nick Bryan
25. Cody Weightman

Thoughts on Cody Weightman?

I was half thinking he would suit what we need if we got Papley and traded down to a 2nd rounder. Say our first this year and next for Swans 2nd and Papley.

I remember reading Weightman has some x factor, pace and goal sense which suits us :D

Thoughts on Cody Weightman?

I was half thinking he would suit what we need if we got Papley and traded down to a 2nd rounder. Say our first this year and next for Swans 2nd and Papley.

I remember reading Weightman has some x factor, pace and goal sense which suits us :D

Would love to draft Weightman.

Interesting that he models his game on Papley.

Nickname has to be 'flea' right?

September Update:

1. Matt Rowell
2. Dylan Williams
3. Noah Anderson
4. Brodie Kemp
5. Devan Robertson
6. Fischer McAsey
7. Luke Jackson
8. Will Gould
9. Hayden Young
10. Lachie Ashe
11. Tom Green
12. Liam Henry
13. Harry Schoenberg
14. Dylan Stephens
15. Sam DeKonning
16. Finn MaGinniss
17.Sam Flanders
18. Caleb Serong
19. Ky Pickett
20. Charlie Comben
21. Elijah Taylor
22. Trent Rivers
23. Jeremy Sharp
24. Nick Bryan
25. Cody Weightman

Robertson any chance to slip to a mid to late second rounder?

Obviously not imo, seeing as i have him at 5. There will be a lot of variance in opinion this year imo. He may be closer to 20 than 5 in some opinions, but i'd be hugely surprised if he wasn't a 1st Rounder on draft night.

One that could invoke a draft pick swap on the falling stock ala Liam Stocker?

It will be interesting where we actually end up picking this year. I can't see us going to the draft with pick 8.

I will be very surprised if we hold pick 8 come draft day, though I think we will still have a presence within the first round.

Will be very interesting to see how things unfold over the next few weeks.

I will be very surprised if we hold pick 8 come draft day, though I think we will still have a presence within the first round.

Yeah i'm pretty confident we will bring forward a pick again thru the trade period or on draft night again. I think we'll do this for 3 years which began last year with Stocker. Bringing our future forward 12 months when we are looking to climb.

Silvagni has studied draft techniques in great detail over in the states preparing for this time in our build.

I agree we will have a presence somewhere in the 1st round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've attempted to not get attached to the potential prospects with our first pick for ages. I assumed we were dumping that pick from the moment we traded with Adelaide.

If we could somehow get two picks in the second round, that would be a great outcome.

I would not mind rolling the dice on guys like Weightman, Taylor, Williams, Bergman, Rantell.... I think some of those names will be viable small forward for a period of time and others with more midfield potential.

Yeah i'm pretty confident we will bring forward a pick again thru the trade period or on draft night again. I think we'll do this for 3 years which began last year with Stocker. Bringing our future forward 12 months when we are looking to climb.

Silvagni has studied draft techniques in great detail over in the states preparing for this time in our build.

I agree we will have a presence somewhere in the 1st round.

It's an interesting tactic - identifying a few players we like and waiting til draft night to see who slides a bit, then using live future pick trading to get them in. Risky of course, but it means if someone goes earlier than expected we haven't already committed to a pick we hoped they'd be available at. Using the Stocker trade as an example - we could have traded in a top 10 pick to ensure we got him, but then if he'd gone just ahead of our pick we'd have been selecting from a pool of "lesser preferences" which we may not have been particularly keen on. By holding off, we were able to watch him slide down the order and get him for a lower outlay as a result.

There's risk involved, for sure, and you become a bit reliant on other sides coming to the party, but for guys like SOS and Agresta who seem really cool under pressure it's maybe a process in which they feel like they can manipulate other list managers more easily.

Hopefull if we can get two good second rounders in through some nifty trading and shuffling with one pick for Martin and another pick for a kid , if we were to land Dylan Williams "there's no chance imo he'll slide so far" or Elijah Taylor "imo is close to the most talented player in this draft" reminds me a little of Cockatoo in his draft year, two very talented medium forwards that have some Xfactor that our list and forward line desperately needs ...

If we miss out on Papley and take pick 8 to the draft, what's everyone's thoughts on taking Cody Weightman? Might be a bit of a reach but he's a gun small forward which is exactly what we need, has plenty of X-Factor.

It has been a long time between drinks. This is my latest update with a heap more data. General thoughts below

• Even across the board with a wide variety of rankings depending on personal preference.
  • Complete lack of real tall forwards
  • Plenty of risky picks that could go bang depending on team and their development
  • Not massive depth on initial observation
  • Rowell - A lock to be a solid player, maybe just not the best of the bunch
  • Anderson - I certainly have not seen his best efforts, just not sure what the hype is about
  • Serong - Small and kicking is an issue

1. Young
  2. Rowell
  3. Green
  4. Ash
  5. Anderson
  6. Flanders
  7. Rivers
  8. Kemp
  9. Gould
  10. Henry
  11. Stephens
  12. Robertson
  13. Maginess
  14. Serong
  15. Worrell
  16. Sharp
  17. McAsey
  18. Williams (This could leave egg on my face)
  19. Jackson
  20. Taylor
  21. Bianco
  22. Day
  23. Bergman
  24. Jones (Pure upside here, I would want some medicals on his body development potential)
  25. Weightman
  26. De Koning
  27. Ruscoe (I would gladly select him higher but he may drift a little)
  28. Rantell
  29. Schoenberg
  30. Taheny (Potential to make me look silly)
  31. Stephens (Not enough data to really make a proper judgement, but based on others thoughts, he will be around here)
  32. O'Neill
  33. Mead
  34. Brock Smith
  35. Comben
  36. Bryan
  37. Garcia
  38. Dow
  39. Pickett
  40. Pasini
Not sure there's any real right or wrong with draft rankings this year LM as after the first half a dozen it does become pretty rubbery. Just some thoughts on a few.

Dylan Williams - I think you've got him about right. Tried to come back part way through the season when his back wasn't properly ready. After what I've seen with Tom Williamson I'd be giving him a wide berth.
Miles Bergman - He's a hard one to place. Really nice size and can erupt out of a stoppage, but doesn't find enough of the ball to be a starting mid.......yet. Comes up with quite a few goals for someone whose kicking is so poor. Put him into a club with a proven development program such as the Swans, Tigers, Hawks, Eagles or Crows and they'll turn him into a star. I don't yet trust our develop program, discipline and culture enough yet to get the most out of someone like a Bergman.
Cooper Stephens - I've said it before and I'll say it again. He's a bargain at 25+. In a draft where many of the better mids are short people, Stephens is a really good size. He's tough, has good disposal by hand and foot, has a bit of toe, can extract, but also spread. Coming back from a broken leg presents as a far less riskier prospect than someone attempting to return from an ACL or recurring back injury in my book.
Brock Smith - Is one that people will say "how the * did he go at Pick 30+". Spent quite a bit of the year playing as a lock-down defender and less time in the midfield yet his numbers have all still trended up in the right direction. While he's not quite Ash, he still provides good run out of the back half and his disposal by hand and foot is reasonably solid. I see plenty of growth and development in Smith.

Brock Smith - Is one that people will say "how the fu** did he go at Pick 30+". Spent quite a bit of the year playing as a lock-down defender and less time in the midfield yet his numbers have all still trended up in the right direction. While he's not quite Ash, he still provides good run out of the back half and his disposal by hand and foot is reasonably solid. I see plenty of growth and development in Smith.

I'm a huge Smith fan, he just impresses me big time. I've just not had the balls to place him higher as he does not seem to be getting the press.

Brock Smith, Jones, Rantall are my bandwagons in the second round, if a club reaches for any of those names, I would not complain.

I'm a huge Smith fan, he just impresses me big time. I've just not had the balls to place him higher as he does not seem to be getting the press.

Brock Smith, Jones, Rantall are my bandwagons in the second round, if a club reaches for any of those names, I would not complain.
I believe the WA Colts GF is televised in your neck of the woods today. Your thoughts would be good once its run & won. ;)

If we miss out on Papley and take pick 8 to the draft, what's everyone's thoughts on taking Cody Weightman? Might be a bit of a reach but he's a gun small forward which is exactly what we need, has plenty of X-Factor.

If the club wants him, we won't be taking pick 8 to the draft, he's not projected to be top 10, but if they were set on him, hopefully they trade down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back