List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A very good game by Young. He would slot in very nicely on a HBF as would his Vic Country teammate Lachie Ash. Both players use the ball well & break the lines. If we could get either one of them I would be very pleased.

I can see both having impact further up the ground. Young has a natural hard edge, Ash has some moves

A very good game by Young. He would slot in very nicely on a HBF as would his Vic Country teammate Lachie Ash. Both players use the ball well & break the lines. If we could get either one of them I would be very pleased.

Young is very Luke Hodge like on a HBF tough, hard and a laser left foot kick. Him and Jeremy Sharp from WA are probably the 2 I would take for our first pick this year.

I would certainly be happy with Carlton picking up Ash. A very professional and hard working kid

I'd imagine that he'll be taken prior to our pick but I'd love for us to select Hayden Young,
Uses the ball well and has seems to have a nasty streak missing from our existing group.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He'll definitely be off the board by the time we're selecting.

It's been suggested that we won't be drafting with our first rounder anyway.

I just hope that we don't throw our pick away for a 25 year old overrated B grade player with 'potential upside.'

He'll definitely be off the board by the time we're selecting.

It's been suggested that we won't be drafting with our first rounder anyway.

I just hope that we don't throw our pick away for a 25 year old overrated B grade player with 'potential upside.'

A lot will probably depend on who the next coach is and how they rate our existing younger players on our list.
Either way, for anyone coming in, a serious competitive streak is a must.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are some rough thoughts on the draft rankings.

1. Hayden Young - I am going to stick with this kid has my #1, just has marking, tackling, kicking and agility. Not 100% locked on him being pick 1, but he has a massive ceiling for me and if he moves into the midfield like Kemp has shown, he should be around the mark.
2. Brodie Kemp - Just another likely prospect that can play anywhere in my mind. I think he could move forward, back and certainly looks at home in the midfield. Lovely size, just screams AFL to me and once again like Young has plenty of upside at AFL level.
3. Lachlan Ash - Was my favourite player last year and still is close to my favourite player in this draft. He has speed, kicking and can play back and forward, another massive upside pick in my eyes.
4. Thomas Green - Okay, I am onboard with this player now, he is a contested beast and was close to a one man army for the Allies in the middle. I am less worried about those players with AFL developed bodies not having upside, this guy is a beast already.
5. Matt Rowell - This kid is about as close to a lock to play 200 games in this draft. You could certainly argue for pick 1 with this kid, I am just knocking him down due to size and scope for pure upside. Still, whoever gets this kid will not be upset in the slightest.
6. Sam Flanders - Jump on board this kids train, showed against SA that he can play midfield. He has shown he is very dangerous forward so a goal kicking midfielder is always wanted at AFL level. Once again is a man playing against kids, but that does not bother me as much these days, I know he can build an AFL bodie.
7. Noah Anderson - I wanted more from this kid and he was very solid, just did not hit the highs I would hope. Again another player that if you picked him with the first pick, I would not complain.
8. Will Gould - Once again another man child that does not worry me at AFL level, just wins the ball and attacks every contest.
9. Caleb Serong - Gets the ball, marks the ball and is a contested beast. I just question his kicking and decision making skills at times, that is where he drops down the list.
10. Trent Rivers - He will move into the midfield in the second half of the season and has shown he is very good in the backline. Reads the play before most players, has a great kick on him and hits his targets, hard at the ball and has a defensive side to his game.
11. Jeremy Sharp - Where do you rate this kid, could be anything and could be a flop. I am going for upside here and selecting him high. There is a massive * next to his name that would allow me to drop him down the rankings.
12. Trent Bianco - You want the ball in this kids hands, tough and makes good decisions.
13. Fisher Mcasey - If you need a key defender this is your man and is a lovely kick and makes great decisions.
14. Trey Ruscoe - Okay this is my bandwagon and I am sticking to it. I think he will move into the midfield long term but maybe spend the first 5 years as a defender. Such a tough player at the ball and strong overhead and kicks the ball nicely.
15. Finn Maginess - Inside contested ball winning midfielder that always has a place at AFL level.
16. Liam Henry
17. Dylan Stephens
18. Jay Rantell
19. Devon Robertson
20. Mich O'Neill
21. Elijah Taylor
22. Luke Jackson
23. Josh Worrell
24. Will Day - If he can show he has the ability to develop a larger frame, he may go higher.
25. Harry Schoenberg
26. Jackson Mead
27. Miles Bergman
28. Dylan Williams
29. Brock Smith
30. Harrison Jones - Maybe a little too high, but I like him.
31. Jake Pasini - If someone really wants a tall defender, he may go higher
32. Cameron Taheny
33. Dyson Hilder - If someone really wants a tall defender, he may go higher
34. Malcolm Rosas Jnr - Small forward could go higher if required
35. Cody Weightman - Small forward could go higher if required
36. Thomson Dow
37. Riley Garcia
38. Sam De Koning
39. Louis Butler
40. Kysaiah Pickett

Here are some rough thoughts on the draft rankings.

1. Hayden Young - I am going to stick with this kid has my #1, just has marking, tackling, kicking and agility. Not 100% locked on him being pick 1, but he has a massive ceiling for me and if he moves into the midfield like Kemp has shown, he should be around the mark.
2. Brodie Kemp - Just another likely prospect that can play anywhere in my mind. I think he could move forward, back and certainly looks at home in the midfield. Lovely size, just screams AFL to me and once again like Young has plenty of upside at AFL level.
3. Lachlan Ash - Was my favourite player last year and still is close to my favourite player in this draft. He has speed, kicking and can play back and forward, another massive upside pick in my eyes.
4. Thomas Green - Okay, I am onboard with this player now, he is a contested beast and was close to a one man army for the Allies in the middle. I am less worried about those players with AFL developed bodies not having upside, this guy is a beast already.
5. Matt Rowell - This kid is about as close to a lock to play 200 games in this draft. You could certainly argue for pick 1 with this kid, I am just knocking him down due to size and scope for pure upside. Still, whoever gets this kid will not be upset in the slightest.
6. Sam Flanders - Jump on board this kids train, showed against SA that he can play midfield. He has shown he is very dangerous forward so a goal kicking midfielder is always wanted at AFL level. Once again is a man playing against kids, but that does not bother me as much these days, I know he can build an AFL bodie.
7. Noah Anderson - I wanted more from this kid and he was very solid, just did not hit the highs I would hope. Again another player that if you picked him with the first pick, I would not complain.
8. Will Gould - Once again another man child that does not worry me at AFL level, just wins the ball and attacks every contest.
9. Caleb Serong - Gets the ball, marks the ball and is a contested beast. I just question his kicking and decision making skills at times, that is where he drops down the list.
10. Trent Rivers - He will move into the midfield in the second half of the season and has shown he is very good in the backline. Reads the play before most players, has a great kick on him and hits his targets, hard at the ball and has a defensive side to his game.
11. Jeremy Sharp - Where do you rate this kid, could be anything and could be a flop. I am going for upside here and selecting him high. There is a massive * next to his name that would allow me to drop him down the rankings.
12. Trent Bianco - You want the ball in this kids hands, tough and makes good decisions.
13. Fisher Mcasey - If you need a key defender this is your man and is a lovely kick and makes great decisions.
14. Trey Ruscoe - Okay this is my bandwagon and I am sticking to it. I think he will move into the midfield long term but maybe spend the first 5 years as a defender. Such a tough player at the ball and strong overhead and kicks the ball nicely.
15. Finn Maginess - Inside contested ball winning midfielder that always has a place at AFL level.
16. Liam Henry
17. Dylan Stephens
18. Jay Rantell
19. Devon Robertson
20. Mich O'Neill
21. Elijah Taylor
22. Luke Jackson
23. Josh Worrell
24. Will Day - If he can show he has the ability to develop a larger frame, he may go higher.
25. Harry Schoenberg
26. Jackson Mead
27. Miles Bergman
28. Dylan Williams
29. Brock Smith
30. Harrison Jones - Maybe a little too high, but I like him.
31. Jake Pasini - If someone really wants a tall defender, he may go higher
32. Cameron Taheny
33. Dyson Hilder - If someone really wants a tall defender, he may go higher
34. Malcolm Rosas Jnr - Small forward could go higher if required
35. Cody Weightman - Small forward could go higher if required
36. Thomson Dow
37. Riley Garcia
38. Sam De Koning
39. Louis Butler
40. Kysaiah Pickett

Where do you rate Lachlan Potter? 3rd round onwards?

Really rate him as a prospect. Exactly what we need across half back. Has that line breaking ability that no one in our defensive unit has at the moment.

I reckon Dylan Williams would push up higher than 28 on draft night. Jet :)

Absolutely love Kysaiah Pickett too. Got that Eddie Betts magic about him.

Where do you rate Lachlan Potter? 3rd round onwards?

Really rate him as a prospect. Exactly what we need across half back. Has that line breaking ability that no one in our defensive unit has at the moment.

I reckon Dylan Williams would push up higher than 28 on draft night. Jet :)

Absolutely love Kysaiah Pickett too. Got that Eddie Betts magic about him.

I am a Potter fan, but he is a little scrappy and I could see him being drafted around the 30-50 mark. He has speed to burn and provides some lovely dash, just worry about his decision making ability at times.

Dylan Williams is one of the most likely players to move into the top 15 or so on my list. I was a huge fan of his, just have not seen the best of him this year and at the moment, not sure he will go as high as I thought. Having some Curtis Taylor vibes from last year.

Kysaiah Pickett is a short small forward. I mean Cahill would be an option as well? I personally have not seen Pickett do a lot to be honest and struggle to rate him super high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back