List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

But he would need to know the $$$ from all clubs to be able to make that choice

Money will always be a factor, but that is separate to what GC could get for him being uncontracted

If I was Martin, given his age, I would want a club that was rising, but finals bound, so the Dogs would be appealing, short to medium term

But perhaps he may see our list being better for longer and Brisbane's rise will a consideration

Really cant see that happening for a player that has 3 clubs chasing him and offering him $700k+

Not sure of the relevance here, once the player decides on his club, the rest are irrelevant. The trade indicated might not be exact but it’s in the ballpark of pretty reasonable.

A first will be involved with possibly some change, depending on the spot of the 1st rounder. If he chooses the Dogs there 1st will be enough on its own but if he chooses us, our first this year is too high, I don’t see how the other clubs change anything though.

Thoughts?

I think he's got significantly more upside and I'll be happy if he takes Kerr's spot on the list. Outstanding power based athlete, what he'll need to do to make the grade is build that tank but there is midfield potential with him.

Had heard the same.

Start as a forward, build his tank and shift him gradually into the middle.

KM wrote about Archi Manton in his weekly draft wrap up:

One thing that isn’t mention in that article is how good his vertical leap is (especially off 2 feet).

When he plays basketball he doesn’t need any momentum when he dunks the ball.

I was just checking some names and stats on the NAB league page, garbage page, and the AFL are supposedly serious in building the marketability of the league and the draft, pfftt.

Anyway, I noticed that our boy Manson is the comps leading goal kicker, which is nice, but my question is in regards to the 2nd player on the list, Joshua D'Intinosante
Joshua is second on the list, one game and 4 goals behind, he is only 177cm and was Northerns bandf winner last season.

Does anyone know anything about him, will he feature in the draft, could he step up to AFL, how does he play and is there room for guys of this heaight at AFL?

I was just checking some names and stats on the NAB league page, garbage page, and the AFL are supposedly serious in building the marketability of the league and the draft, pfftt.

Anyway, I noticed that our boy Manson is the comps leading goal kicker, which is nice, but my question is in regards to the 2nd player on the list, Joshua D'Intinosante
Joshua is second on the list, one game and 4 goals behind, he is only 177cm and was Northerns bandf winner last season.

Does anyone know anything about him, will he feature in the draft, could he step up to AFL, how does he play and is there room for guys of this heaight at AFL?
Looking at "value" candidates for the upcoming draft, the pair you mention shape as great prospects. Number one and number two on the goalkicking charts for the competition. D'Intinosante as you alluded to won the B and F as an underaged midfielder in 2018, before playing predominately forward this season.

IMO, shapes as good, if not better than any small forward prospect other than perhaps the boys touted for the early rounds.

I have no insight as to what picks we are going to end up with, but have put together a tentative wishlist of value types Manton, D'Intinosante, Sam Philp and Ky Quirk.

Looking at "value" candidates for the upcoming draft, the pair you mention shape as great prospects. Number one and number two on the goalkicking charts for the competition. D'Intinosante as you alluded to won the B and F as an underaged midfielder in 2018, before playing predominately forward this season.

IMO, shapes as good, if not better than any small forward prospect other than perhaps the boys touted for the early rounds.

I have no insight as to what picks we are going to end up with, but have put together a tentative wishlist of value types Manton, D'Intinosante, Sam Philp and Ky Quirk.
Good to see Philp get a mention. He has consistently been among the Knights' best players this season & according to some scouting reports has really worked hard on improving aspects of his game which were deemed to be holding him back. He would be a handy pick up late in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he could go anywhere in that 5-10 range, there's a chance either him or Serong could be available at pick 8.

I dunno if i am on an island of my own this year, but i wouldn't have Flanders or Serong in my Top 10. Serong being rated as high as 3 is a real head scratcher to me. Flanders being widely talked about as a Top 5 chance is also a head scratcher to me.

Both seem like classic late 1st Rd quality to me. I just can't warm to many in the supposed Top dozen in this draft.

I dunno if i am on an island of my own this year, but i wouldn't have Flanders or Serong in my Top 10. Serong being rated as high as 3 is a real head scratcher to me. Flanders being widely talked about as a Top 5 chance is also a head scratcher to me.

Both seem like classic late 1st Rd quality to me. I just can't warm to many in the supposed Top dozen in this draft.

FWIW I'm surprised with Serong being talked about as a top 5 pick but probably says more about this draft.

Not too dissimilar to Higgins when he was touted top 10 and slipped the late first-round. If we kept pick 8 I wouldn't be surprised if we reached for one of them but I'm finding this draft hard to get excited about

Was Agrestas take on the draft, him just being nice? He was quite bullish on the talent, only mentioned a lack of quality galls.
Not sure, it felt like the gist was that it's quite a good draft in terms of quantity rather than the top end quality. Makes me feel more that we're going to 'do a bit of a Hawthorn' and trade all our significant picks then not call anyone's name until the 3rd round or later.

Regardless, saying something along the lines of "we're not as excited by the draft prospects this year" would only devalue the value of our picks at the trade table. You want to make sure everyone knows you're happy to take your picks to the draft if certain deals can't be agreed upon, otherwise you'll have most list managers trying to ream you.

FWIW I'm surprised with Serong being talked about as a top 5 pick but probably says more about this draft.

Not too dissimilar to Higgins when he was touted top 10 and slipped the late first-round. If we kept pick 8 I wouldn't be surprised if we reached for one of them but I'm finding this draft hard to get excited about
Not a great draft imo close to the weakest draft that i have seen... i'd be trading it out in a heartbeat ...

Not a great draft imo close to the weakest draft that i have seen... i'd be trading it out in a heartbeat ...
The problem with that is that we still have to make three selections and it would be bloody stupid to park those three players on the list for two years knowing full well they most likely will never fire a shot in that time. My strategy would be to trade the early selections (still has to be for the right player) and hope to have picks at around 30 to 50.

The problem with that is that we still have to make three selections and it would be bloody stupid to park those three players on the list for two years knowing full well they most likely will never fire a shot in that time. My strategy would be to trade the early selections (still has to be for the right player) and hope to have picks at around 30 to 50.
That would be the ideal scenario, hopefully 2 picks spread between that range would be a bonus the problem will be not having enough picks for all our trade possibilities while maintaining or gaining a few in that range, unless #8 gets divided into two and maybe Casboult traded out for a #30-40 pick/trade deal giving us another pick...

I'd like to see us try something like the Eagles did in 2017 when they occurred picks:

They also had 13 for Brander but the idea of getting 4 or 5 second/third round picks in really appeals to me. Especially with the 2020 draft being severely compromised with NGA, Academy and a couple F/S selections. This draft may not have the top 10 like last year but I think it can bat deep until the 40s.

I'd like to see us try something like the Eagles did in 2017 when they occurred picks:

They also had 13 for Brander but the idea of getting 4 or 5 second/third round picks in really appeals to me. Especially with the 2020 draft being severely compromised with NGA, Academy and a couple F/S selections. This draft may not have the top 10 like last year but I think it can bat deep until the 40s.
If we happen to land say Papley and Martin and maybe another target in while having 2picks in that 20-40 range would be a great result, there's always the chance of clubs nailing one of those picks around that part of the draft...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back