List Mgmt. Carlton's 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Well he’s no good then. How good is he on the BBQ. Will he cope with a Yarra cruise. I want answers.

How come we don’t have a NGA academy? Every other suburb does.

See there was another kid from Halls Creek, Sammy’s cousin, cut by the Dockers. Looked a lot in the mold of Irving MOs-ki-tooooo. (Sorry). Isaiah Butters was the name. Everywhere I read, star, star, star - the indigenous lads take a while.

Now I’m waffling............coffee. When does the NBA start? Oh, good.

I was a big fan of Isaiah Butters last year. He's very raw but a match winner, kick 4 goals for Claremont in last years GF. My big worry is why did freo cut him?

I was a big fan of Isaiah Butters last year. He's very raw but a match winner, kick 4 goals for Claremont in last years GF. My big worry is why did freo cut him?

I also looked at Freo's list and thought 'I can't believe it's not got Butters' ...

Last edited:

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
So, seasons over. Pick 6 or pick 7 most likely scenario. Is this getting traded? Can we get more value out of it by splitting it into two lower picks it with a club looking to climb up the pecking order and get ahead of a f/s or academy bid?

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
If it wasn't for dealing with *, Saad would be a great get.

Should also be shaking the Hawthorn tree to see what comes out of it. Hardened uncompromising winners like Gunston and/or Breust would be handy.

Edit: realised I put this in the wrong, thread, should be list management.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
So, seasons over. Pick 6 or pick 7 most likely scenario. Is this getting traded? Can we get more value out of it by splitting it into two lower picks it with a club looking to climb up the pecking order and get ahead of a f/s or academy bid?

I think we just take the best available meat and potatoes midfielder in the draft. Don’t overthink the selection.

Maybe someone like Macrae will slip to our pick?

The Return of the Paf

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
I think we just take the best available meat and potatoes midfielder in the draft. Don’t overthink the selection.

So the player we pick should not only be the 'best available' but also 'meat and potatoes' and a 'midfielder', but we shouldn't 'overthink the selection'? Am I the only one detecting problems here? I much prefer good old-fashioned bias.

djw1952

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2009
mentone
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
liverpool
I like the look of Phillips. Hard as a cats head too. Doesn’t F around with it, makes a decision and goes.

But, do we really think we’re going to keep the pick?

Williams, who I still think is a bit of a pipe dream, won’t cost us anything but cash.
Papley, more and more I’m reading, won’t be coming.
Do we trade the pick out???

Happy as I said to take Phillips though if not - good find Ock.

Q - Does Jamie Elliott’s name come up again because of all the Daicos’ and Browns’ they keep growing in their back room. We know he can play fwd but he got a good few clearances the other day, they say his injuries are fixed.
Papley is definitely staying in Sydney according to Jonno Brown..............

Jul 24, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
At the moment our pick sits at 7. will stay around the 7-8 mark maybe 6 if * somehow won. Ugle hagen will make everyones picks push back and swans academy player might be bid on right before our pick. That could push it back to 9-10 and if Adelaide get a compensation pick for crouch that pushes it to 10-11. The one that strikes me the most around that range is bruhn as it sounds as though hes a great ball user which is something our midfield desperately needs. I fear that he might be just before our pick though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
With the likelihood of list cuts making things difficult for list management, is it like.y that we won’t be looking to bring many players in via the draft?
Would it be feasible or ideal to turn our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks this year in to, two mid range 1st rounders and be done with the draft?

If we add two draftees and one FA, we will still have to delist 7 or so players.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow

I like this, Mcrea is very likely to be available. If we can’t get the right mid via trade, Kelly or Perryman, then we find the next one in the draft.

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Twomey reckons there's a few Noah Bolta types in this years draft.

Raw, athletic KPP's that may not be seen as first round selections. Will be interesting to see what this draft produces.

Twomey reckons there's a few Noah Bolta types in this years draft.

Raw, athletic KPP's that may not be seen as first round selections. Will be interesting to see what this draft produces.
Hard to know, none had the chance to make a name at the u/18 champs against their peers.

Mids and flankers can demonstrate their skill set in second tier comp easier imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Now there is a kid that I would certainly entertain

Can football

This should be a non-negotiable for every draftee.

I don't care how tall, fast, agile they are, how good they are with yo-yos, whether they are form VIC or interstate, metro or regional, introverted or extroverted, kick with their left or right or whether they believe pineapple on a pizza is delicious or an abomination (it's delicious, btw).

Just make sure every one of them can actually bloody football!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back