List Mgmt. Carlton's 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The two clubs I see as most likely to be willing to trade down for our picks 31 & 38 would be Richmond at 17 and St Kilda at 21.

If that didn't happen and we got really lucky with a preferred player sliding, Hawthorn at 24, Brisbane at 25 or the Bulldogs at 26 could be feasible, as they could each chuck in a pick in the 40s/50s too.

I suspect we have another swap happening.

It makes very little sense doing this for someone who may slide on the night - You would be far better off waiting to see if that player does slide, then having it pre-planned and ready to go (the obvious curve ball here is if you think Sydney are the main competition for said slider).

More than likely we have a swap lined up, and needed additional points to pull it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

31 + 38 up for a single pick makes sense to me. KPD DFA or mature ager late. Kennedy in the rookie draft and save a spot for next February or the mid season draft for a Vic kid.

Diesel didn’t have to go to the bench very often.

He wasn’t quick, but think you might be underestimating his endurance running.
Watched him many times live and yes he kept going hence diesel I cannot name a player who comes close to this triple Brownlow medalist yes he was robbed maybe R Harvey to a lesser extent but
Just pointing out that these type of footballers are not the norm these days hope I’m wrong

Most likely suitors if we are to bundle them up would be the Lemons who have picks 18 + 19.
Cannot see Tigers giving up 17 or the Pies 16 which would cover the top end of the points value of the picks.

I suspect we have another swap happening.

It makes very little sense doing this for someone who may slide on the night - You would be far better off waiting to see if that player does slide, then having it pre-planned and ready to go (the obvious curve ball here is if you think Sydney are the main competition for said slider).

More than likely we have a swap lined up, and needed additional points to pull it off.

Not really.

Swans to need to trade picks prior to their Academy players being bid on in teens.

So we’d have to do a deal by pick 15 - when we still don’t know who is sliding to 31.

I think it’s a good move to position ourselves early.

We can do both

I’d like to see us take a pure small forward and a KPD, as well as leave a spot open for next year. We have promised to pick up Kennedy. We may also be looking at some ruck depth if TDK needs to play predominantly forward.

2 KPDs is overkill at this stage.

This was Knightmares top 20 power rankings in April of 2017. Makes for some interesting reading.
This really is a draft where no-one really knows who may yet be the best of the crop. The more astute recruiters will pluck gold from bronze. Maybe us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back