List Mgmt. Carlton's 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My take on this trade: gives us a pick to get a particular player we like, maybe Connor Stone while still having 38 to pick our future KPD.

And it’s worthwhile seeing which clubs have picks in front of us (of which some will be absorbed by academy picks). Hopefully the eye is on the prize for who we want, and with both picks in the 30’s.
Even a slider at 78, which will come in somewhat from that but we’ll probably go with the flexibility of a rookie that late.

Of course this year is different, where the kids were rated at the beginning of this year, is likely where most will stay, there has been no/very little work for them to slide or climb.

Players shoot up the draft board due to a strong season, a strong carnival, a solid return from injury and others slide due to poor form and the opposite of the above.

If there is no champs or no all star game and no NAB league, most of the players will hold their position from the start of the year, which is dangerous

Players still played footy outside of Victoria. These kids have been tracked since 13-14 years of age.

Only difference, you wont see a Bont or Oliver

I'd much rather stay where we are with the picks we have. No use trading up again to grab a guy who's as speculative as the picks we have in the second round.

I reckon we're banking on there being some decent guys slide through who'd have normally pushed into the early parts of the draft but not a lot of exposure and no Championships has excluded them from the top end.

Imagine if Bontempelli or Oliver were taken on the basis of their 17th year form. Bont would've likely go in the 30's and Oliver probably wouldn't have been drafted at all. Like most teams we will be scouring footage from 2019 trying to find a couple of bargains. Could go in a number of different directions, but it's still far better than having a stack of early picks as your only real blueprint for the next few years.

Also have a feeling we're keen on Walshy's brother and want him at one of our early picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I calculate points being banked for academy players pick 31 will likely become pick 36 and pick 48 would have been pick 41 or 42 had we not done this trade so we have effectively upgraded our former pick 48 by 5-6 spots in the draft this year for our future 3rd round pick. (38 by fluke looks like staying at 38)

It doesn’t feel like this is our final play because moving effectively from pick 41 to 36 for our future 3R in a stronger draft doesn’t make sense.

Any ideas as to what’s in play?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The way I calculate points being banked for academy players pick 31 will likely become pick 36 and pick 48 would have been pick 41 or 42 had we not done this trade so we have effectively upgraded our former pick 48 by 5-6 spots in the draft this year for our future 3rd round pick. (38 by fluke looks like staying at 38)

It doesn’t feel like this is our final play because moving effectively from pick 41 to 36 for our future 3R in a stronger draft doesn’t make sense.

Or, maybe they/we want a player that they know a rival club that had a pick just above us really rates. It might be as simple as that, better to be safe than sorry.

31. Carlton

32. Fremantle Could be gone with a bid on Brandon Walker and Joel Western.

33. Western Bulldogs Will be swallowed up by the Jumarra bid

34. Sydney will be swallowed up by their Campbell & Gulden bids

35. Port Adelaide will be swallowed up by their Jones bid

36. Richmond Carlton could be really smart and bid on Rioli which Richmond would use to match in turn getting rid of this selection

37. Gold Coast

38. Carlton (received from Geelong in Lachie Fogarty trade)

Carlton's 2 picks could end up just 2 places apart

31. Carlton

32. Fremantle Could be gone with a bid on Brandon Walker and Joel Western.

33. Western Bulldogs Will be swallowed up by the Jumarra bid

34. Sydney will be swallowed up by their Campbell & Gulden bids

35. Port Adelaide will be swallowed up by their Jones bid

36. Richmond Carlton could be really smart and bid on Rioli which Richmond would use to match in turn getting rid of this selection

37. Gold Coast

38. Carlton (received from Geelong in Lachie Fogarty trade)

Carlton's 2 picks could end up just 2 places apart
I don’t mean to be rude or offensive, why are you so frequently on the Carlton board? Genuinely interested.

I don’t mean to be rude or offensive, why are you so frequently on the Carlton board? Genuinely interested.
Been on here for over 10 years , Due to best mate we go to all Carlton and Richmond games
So probably due to that i have followed interest in carlton and know the list almost as well as Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back