List Mgmt. Carlton's 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Been on here for over 10 years , Due to best mate we go to all Carlton and Richmond games
So probably due to that i have followed interest in carlton and know the list almost as well as Richmond

At least you are behaving yourself these days :p

Ohhh and another thing - I hate Collingwood

This!

I disagree, you would've said the same about Jones and Cas a few years ago.

Jones and Levi always had the height, it was more about if they could play the role on big forwards

As a KPD, if you don't have the height/long levers, you need to have burst, size, body strength and or a leap, such as a Rampe

Jack has height, no burst, no leap, average body strength

Gov, burst and leap, average body strength but is too short for the role

Marchbank, bare minimum height, has leap, average burst, no body strength

They would get spanked on the opposition 2nd tall or resting ruckman

Sure a few of us could have a crack at parrot, just to make you feel at home😉

You could but doubt any would have the ability to do it the way she did, Even though i was very careful she still had me warned 4 times in 1 year
I have not seen anybody with her talent on any board. Have to give credit where its due even though i hated her for it at the time

And don't tell me Jsos can't play KPD, plenty smaller do. He would hold his own.
He can’t play KPD. Jack is barely a 3rd tall forward, more of a flanker (and mid) if anything. While I love his endeavour and repeat efforts, he doesn’t play ‘big’ or tall and ain’t that strong overhead.

Edit: just saw Arr0w’s post...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have more cover for KPD than small defenders change my mind.
He can’t play KPD. Jack is barely a 3rd tall forward, more of a flanker (and mid) if anything. While I love his endeavour and repeat efforts, he doesn’t play ‘big’ or tall and ain’t that strong overhead.

Edit: just saw Arr0w’s post...

He played as a key position for Vic Metro, I watched him kick 5 against W.A over there, he is 194-195cm tall is he not?

Jones and Levi always had the height, it was more about if they could play the role on big forwards

As a KPD, if you don't have the height/long levers, you need to have burst, size, body strength and or a leap, such as a Rampe

Jack has height, no burst, no leap, average body strength

Gov, burst and leap, average body strength but is too short for the role

Marchbank, bare minimum height, has leap, average burst, no body strength

They would get spanked on the opposition 2nd tall or resting ruckman

You are really stretching it to say Rampe can play KPD but JSOS can't lol.

You're probably right on that front.

Though as we saw with Stocker - if a player is still on the board that you really rate, sometimes it's best to pull the trigger.

If Cox was available at 20, and 38 + future second was what GWS wanted, I think I'd be OK with it. Means next year we'd need to get a bit creative, but that's OK.
How is that working out for us so far though?

Been on here for over 10 years , Due to best mate we go to all Carlton and Richmond games
So probably due to that i have followed interest in carlton and know the list almost as well as Richmond

Always welcome here TG!

The reason we got rid of them was because the list was unbalanced though, there is still more than enough options for KPD, rather we target that natural small forward or small defender.
So Doc, Saad, Newman, Plowman, SPS, Willo and Williams arent enough small defenders, but Jones and Weiters are enough KPDs? I dont know about you, but that doesnt really add up.

Assuming Levi will be covering for Charlie's or another KPFs injury throughout the year, who is our backup if one of our two key defenders are injured?

Just like many already mentioned, to be a key defender you either need height, a big frame or good athleticism. JSOS and Gov do not fit the bill. Marchy is questionable, but he's struggled to get a kick the last 2 years. I don't trust him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back