Rumour Carlton's Paddy Dow Has Requested A Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Should add, this was relayed to me via an ex-player.

Doesn't make it any more accurate or authentic, just wanted to note where this snippet came from.

On the surface, I'm quite sceptical but Blues fans should start to expect some of the new brigade to consider options elsewhere as there will come a time that a number of them will not be getting game time or will have others ahead of them in the pecking order.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a hard nut but his foot skills make him a liability. I wonder if it’s too late to improve those skills.

Not even sure he’s a hard nut, but for the position he plays his kicking skills aren’t a huge issue.

From the training footage it looks like the club is trying to get him to get a quick handball away at the stoppages rather than blast the ball away by foot, and he looks far more effective doing this.

I’m doubting the truthfulness and/or the substance of the rumour. OP has a history of passing on info which has shown to be untrue. No doubt Paddy would be frustrated at not getting a game, but he came into the system exceptionally raw and his weak points were papered over in his first few years at the club. As a result his development has been pretty patchy and his all-round game needs a lot of refining.

I’m doubting the truthfulness and/or the substance of the rumour. OP has a history of passing on info which has shown to be untrue.

It was passed on by someone who has had some very good info in the past as well as some that weren't even close, would you rather me not post it at all in the future then ??

It was passed on by someone who has had some very good info in the past as well as some that weren't even close, would you rather me not post it at all in the future then ??

That's par for the course for Bigfooty. For every Chinese whisper there's another 10 or so complete mistruths.

Some enjoy baseless rumours, they have some entertainment value, but as we've seen in particular on the Carlton board the past few years the vast majority of inside information doesn't come close to materialising.

Unless it's rolled gold count me out.

With AFL list sizes possibly getting smaller, players who can't get a game in low-mid table teams would probably be better served holding onto their contracts for dear life.

That's par for the course for Bigfooty. For every Chinese whisper there's another 10 or so complete mistruths.

Some enjoy baseless rumours, they have some entertainment value, but as we've seen in particular on the Carlton board the past few years the vast majority of inside information doesn't come close to materialising.

You're probably on the wrong board then...

So you respond to a rumour on a Rumour board by demanding that everything is cast in stone accurate ??

Wish I had the lotto numbers with that much accuracy every week.

So you respond to a rumour on a Rumour board by demanding that everything is cast in stone accurate ??

Wish I had the lotto numbers with that much accuracy every week.

I’m saying your rumours have historically been inaccurate and the whole thread premise can easily be explained by misguided deduction.

I’m saying your rumours have historically been inaccurate and the whole thread premise can easily be explained by misguided deduction.

Who was it that stated Jarrad Waite had been offered a two-year deal to join North when we had only offered one-year and he was leaving but got poo-pooed beforehand over it ??

I have read a gazillion inaccurate predictions by the supposed ITK posters on the Carlton board so the hit-rate from most of them is very low and they justify it by saying "things change" and that is considered acceptable.

I was told about 4-years before he tried to move the first time that Bryce Gibbs was actively trying to get a trade to Adelaide, it was as good a mail as you could get but guess what, "things changed" and it never went through.

People get info, sometimes very good info but more times than not, the info was accurate at the time but for reasons that are outside of their control (as you would expect), "things change" and they end up with egg on their face because of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back