News Caro article: Richmond lacking leadership in tough times

Remove this Banner Ad

Accepted 04

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Due to the 25 person restriction, a lot of clubs are in a bad spot when it comes to who they can keep around the club.

Most of the people that the clubs kept had to be people that could cover multiple roles, sadly Gale and Balme while great for the club may not be able to fill the roles that they need at this time

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
funny thing i put up a post on social media saying it's still a relevant flag etc & some said it's an * season are now suddenly invested as thier team is going ok. it's a funny season thus far & we are certainly not out of it yet tho we need to start winning from today

Jun 16, 2020
Munted
AFL Club
Richmond
funny thing i put up a post on social media saying it's still a relevant flag etc & some said it's an * season are now suddenly invested as thier team is going ok. it's a funny season thus far & we are certainly not out of it yet tho we need to start winning from today
so its a * season when Richmond were going to win now that we aren't its suddenly a real season

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm fine with Caro's article. Apart from the first half of the Carlton game we have been fairly rubbish and unRichmond like. I suppose we all have our positions on why it's played out this way so far and Caro raises some points that people like me simply wouldn't be able to learn any other way. I don't see it as a sniping exercise. You have to go to people like Kane Cornes for that. I just see it as information that contributes to a reasoned discussion. How the Board responds to the current situation is the only relevant question for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caroline Wilson is like a wolf who sees a perceived weakness and goes after it. She never talks about anything other than perceived failings usually at the administrative/coaching level, and goes at it leading the pack. If she talked about footy occasionally then I wouldn't mind, but it is the same with every article or discussion on football programs. She sniffs for blood and rushes in hoping to spook the pack and then goes for whatever she can get.
Just about everyone in football can see why football this year is a bit unusual, why fancied teams are just going and why the underdogs are sitting on top of the ladder. But Caro has to dig for dirt.
It’s not her job to talk about the football
but it is her job for all the admin stuff

Caroline Wilson is like a wolf who sees a perceived weakness and goes after it. She never talks about anything other than perceived failings usually at the administrative/coaching level, and goes at it leading the pack. If she talked about footy occasionally then I wouldn't mind, but it is the same with every article or discussion on football programs. She sniffs for blood and rushes in hoping to spook the pack and then goes for whatever she can get.
Just about everyone in football can see why football this year is a bit unusual, why fancied teams are just going and why the underdogs are sitting on top of the ladder. But Caro has to dig for dirt.
And is about the only one that does stick to non football stuff cos she leaves it to the experts not like all the other journals ...

like who gives a * what Tom brownes opinion on an injury is?
Is he doctor?

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s not her job to talk about the football
but it is her job for all the admin stuff
Perhaps so, but she is not privy to much of what goes on and is always quoting 'sources' etc, so much of it is conjecture and innuendo. She seems to revel in the dirt. So I'd rather read about football stuff.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
And is about the only one that does stick to non football stuff cos she leaves it to the experts not like all the other journals ...

like who gives a fu** what Tom brownes opinion on an injury is?
Is he doctor?
What Tom Brown does is irrelevant to what what Caro does. Would rather hear about injury issues or other football stuff than what goes on behind closed doors, that only she seems to have privy into. I get that it is 'journalism', every time she has the scoop.

What Tom Brown does is irrelevant to what what Caro does. Would rather hear about injury issues or other football stuff than what goes on behind closed doors, that only she seems to have privy into. I get that it is 'journalism', every time she has the scoop.
Yeah I mean some people want to know that stuff and must be a lot of people actually for her to stay centre stage for so many years.

obviously not everyone’s cup of tea

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond
So....

The Richmond brand was back today. Set up the same as last week, Balme and Blair out of the bubble.

And the article just gets exposed for the utter crap that it was.

Seriously, she thinks Blair should be in to help Livingstone. FFS Blair is the list management guy, has nothing to do with day to day footy. Balme the same. In a situation where numbers (25?) inside the bubble are crucial, the journo wants 2 heads that are not involved to take up two spots.
The journo has no idea what Balme does (or did) for the last four years but like all the lazy spear throwers from over the fence just speculates on roles for a story.
I'm pretty sure the footy club would just roll eyes at this but I have a nagging worry that Balme is blabbing after being excluded. Tough decisions had to be made and Wilson says that they had Balmes blessing...smokescreen?

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
So....

The Richmond brand was back today. Set up the same as last week, Balme and Blair out of the bubble.

And the article just gets exposed for the utter crap that it was.

Seriously, she thinks Blair should be in to help Livingstone. FFS Blair is the list management guy, has nothing to do with day to day footy. Balme the same. In a situation where numbers (25?) inside the bubble are crucial, the journo wants 2 heads that are not involved to take up two spots.
The journo has no idea what Balme does (or did) for the last four years but like all the lazy spear throwers from over the fence just speculates on roles for a story.
I'm pretty sure the footy club would just roll eyes at this but I have a nagging worry that Balme is blabbing after being excluded. Tough decisions had to be made and Wilson says that they had Balmes blessing...smokescreen?
Yeah but why was the Richmond brand back today?

I say thank you Caro, we needed a kick, and we are lucky to have her in position to give us a very public one.

Just quietly, would not be surprised if Dimma commissioned that article.

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond

I say thank you Caro, we needed a kick, and we are lucky to have her in position to give us a very public one.

I don’t know mate.
But I’m 100% confident it wasn’t because of any changes Caro called for. Which didn’t occur.

Not sure your post is serious btw. Can’t be.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
"When asked about his revised position at Tigerland shortly before the round-three Hawthorn game, the veteran football boss joked on 3AW: "Not that anyone listens to a word I say."

My memory has it that actual question/answer had something to do with Dimma (I think) joking about Balme sitting by himself after being (semi jokingly) called out for shaking hands with everyone he meets when covid restrictions were introduced.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond

Richmond was always going to respond because we have been so average, but let's not get carried away, Melbourne were pretty poor. I doubt Caro's article had much to do with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back