Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive still got both a Julius Peppers Panthers and Bears jersey. Peppers far better player for us in a 4-3 than he wss for you in a 3-4
Next you’ll claim Peanut Tillman was better for you as well mate lol
I was a big Dr J fan for both sides.
olsen and peanut too

Next you’ll claim Peanut Tillman was better for you as well mate lol
I was a big Dr J fan for both sides.
olsen and peanut too

Peppers was better for Carolina, I dont think its even debatable, a lot of Bears fans think they massively overpaid for him given his production.

Muhsin Muhammad and Ricky Manning jr played in losing sb for both teams :eek:

I loved Moose, was very sad when he left, first genuine star the Panthers drafted in franchise history i reckon, him and Steve were a great combo.

Will never forget Rick Mannings 3 INT performance against the Eagles in the NFC championship game

Man I loved that team. My fav Panthers team of all time I reckon

Moose had a TD in that game too...

What a TD by DeShaun Foster, him and Davis were great, shame those injuries to Foster he could have been so much more.

Panthers fired OC Joe Brady.

How quickly Brady has fallen. That's what Sam Darnold will do to someone. Brady was hired as coach Matt Rhule's offensive coordinator ahead of the 2020 season after Brady coordinated LSU to a national title on the backs of Joe Burrow and Justin Jefferson. Brady was so "up and coming" that he interviewed for several head-coaching jobs last offseason. He obviously didn't get any of them, but Brady was definitely being viewed as a future head coach. He's now out after just over 1.5 seasons on the job. It's possible Brady is going back to the college ranks. In Carolina, assistant Jeff Nixon will work alongside Rhule in coordinating the offense the rest of the year when the Panthers come out of their bye next week.

RELATED:
Dec 5, 2021, 1:25 PM ET

Panthers coach Matt Rhule said interim offensive coordinator Jeff Nixon will call plays.
In his first press conference since the firing of offensive coordinator Joe Brady, Rhule also mentioned running the ball more on multiple occasions. A Tweet from ESPN's David Newton noted that Rhule wanted to run 30 or more times a game. Brady wasn't coming close to that number and the Carolina offense has been lacking all year. Nixon was a co-offensive coordinator and running backs coach under Rhule at Baylor and followed him to Carolina. Even if it's to the team's detriment, expect the Panthers to try establishing their ground game as they come out of the bye to face Atlanta.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Nick Carboni on Twitter
Dec 6, 2021, 2:10 PM ET

Panthers coach Matt Rhule said interim offensive coordinator Jeff Nixon will call plays.
In his first press conference since the firing of offensive coordinator Joe Brady, Rhule also mentioned running the ball more on multiple occasions. A Tweet from ESPN's David Newton noted that Rhule wanted to run 30 or more times a game. Brady wasn't coming close to that number and the Carolina offense has been lacking all year. Nixon was a co-offensive coordinator and running backs coach under Rhule at Baylor and followed him to Carolina. Even if it's to the team's detriment, expect the Panthers to try establishing their ground game as they come out of the bye to face Atlanta.
RELATED:

RELATED:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RELATED:

RELATED:

RELATED:

RELATED:

RELATED:

RELATED:

Matt Rhule to be fired end of season? Or gets one more season tops?

--------

Matt Rhule on Joe Brady firing: I feel like we can be
better on offense

Posted by Josh Alper on December 6, 2021, 1:54 PM EST

Panthers head coach Matt Rhule met with the media on Monday afternoon and his decision to fire offensive coordinator Joe Brady was the main topic of conversation.

The move was announced just after the early slate of games kicked off on Sunday and Rhule said he planned to fire Brady on Saturday, but Brady wasn’t available to meet with him until Sunday. He thanked Brady for the work that he’s done, but said that he feels the Panthers “can be better on offense” and that relieving Brady of his duties was a move they needed to make in order for that to happen.

“He’s done a lot to get us moving in the right direction, but this was something that I felt like, from a football perspective, we needed to do now,” Rhule said.

Rhule stressed that the offensive issues aren’t about one person and “it would be easy to fix” if there was just one specific thing that was wrong with the unit. Senior offensive assistant/running backs coach Jeff Nixon will take over as the offensive play caller and Rhule said the focus is on this week rather than on whether Nixon will be the coordinator in 2022.

Given the trajectory of the Panthers season, it’s probably not a sure thing that Rhule will be making that or any other call for 2022.

Matt Rhule to be fired end of season? Or gets one more season tops?

--------

Matt Rhule on Joe Brady firing: I feel like we can be
better on offense

Posted by Josh Alper on December 6, 2021, 1:54 PM EST

Panthers head coach Matt Rhule met with the media on Monday afternoon and his decision to fire offensive coordinator Joe Brady was the main topic of conversation.

The move was announced just after the early slate of games kicked off on Sunday and Rhule said he planned to fire Brady on Saturday, but Brady wasn’t available to meet with him until Sunday. He thanked Brady for the work that he’s done, but said that he feels the Panthers “can be better on offense” and that relieving Brady of his duties was a move they needed to make in order for that to happen.

“He’s done a lot to get us moving in the right direction, but this was something that I felt like, from a football perspective, we needed to do now,” Rhule said.

Rhule stressed that the offensive issues aren’t about one person and “it would be easy to fix” if there was just one specific thing that was wrong with the unit. Senior offensive assistant/running backs coach Jeff Nixon will take over as the offensive play caller and Rhule said the focus is on this week rather than on whether Nixon will be the coordinator in 2022.

Given the trajectory of the Panthers season, it’s probably not a sure thing that Rhule will be making that or any other call for 2022.

He'll get one more but hes on the hot seat for sure. Looking back over trading and drafting since Rhule took over is actually mid blowing, no clear direction, prioritising positions of need incorrectly, trying to take shortcuts to success, there are no shortcuts in the NFL.

I hope we go oline in round 1 this year given its a good class, but something tells me the Panthers under Rhule's scattergun approach will be desperate enough to reach and take a QB.

The only trade that can be viewed as a success as of right now is the CJ Henderson one I think (and even that is somewhat relying on future production but good value nonetheless) . All the others are fails or break evens.

He'll get one more but hes on the hot seat for sure. Looking back over trading and drafting since Rhule took over is actually mid blowing, no clear direction, prioritising positions of need incorrectly, trying to take shortcuts to success, there are no shortcuts in the NFL.

I hope we go oline in round 1 this year given its a good class, but something tells me the Panthers under Rhule's scattergun approach will be desperate enough to reach and take a QB.
Itll be QB. Sexy selection. Helps Rhule buy himself perhaps another year (need to develop new rookie QB). Mid or late round OL can often end up starters, more so than QBs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back