Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

steelers fans travel well but I think that's rubbish. Panthers are like top 5 in the league for attendance.
interesting hopefully i can get over there at some point after covid

im not really that educated around panthers fandom.
i visited charlotte a long time ago in the off season before the newton era.
was listening to a panthers podcast yesterday that said there were more steelers fans in the stadium.
is this mostly because we are a newer franchise or is pro sports just not that popular in charlotte?
I posted a wikipedia article in the preseason thread that talked about how the scheduling is made for preseason, and one interesting tidbit is the large amount of former West Pennsylvanians that migrated to the Carolinas over the last few decades due to the decline of steel manufacturing there etc and thus theres a large Steelers fanbase now in N and S Carolina. As well as a number of former players and coaches who have had a relationship either professionally or personally with the Carolina communities, colleges, etc

I posted a wikipedia article in the preseason thread that talked about how the scheduling is made for preseason, and one interesting tidbit is the large amount of former West Pennsylvanians that migrated to the Carolinas over the last few decades due to the decline of steel manufacturing there etc and thus theres a large Steelers fanbase now in N and S Carolina. As well as a number of former players and coaches who have had a relationship either professionally or personally with the Carolina communities, colleges, etc

wasn't aware of this, thanks for detailed explanation

Panthers acquired DL Darryl Johnson from the Bills in exchange for a 2022 sixth-round pick.
Carolina was one of several teams interested in the EDGE rusher, per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Taken by Buffalo 225th overall in the 2019 NFL Draft, Johnson has one sack in each of his two pro seasons. He could take on more than a rotational role in Carolina.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Aug 30, 2021, 12:40 PM ET

DEs on ST often take up the position at the ends of the LOS on punts and in the middle of the kicking off formation.

Dont think ive seen many DEs who play special teams ever warrant a sixth round pick more what I meant, usually gunners, returners, kickers, punters etc.

The Panthers announced 13 cuts on Tuesday morning and settled their backup quarterback job in the process.

Will Grier was one of the players waived by Carolin and that leaves P.J. Walker as the only player behind Sam Darnold on the depth chart. Grier was a third-round pick in 2019 and made two starts as a rookie, but did not appear in any games last season.

The Panthers also waived wide receiver Omar Bayless, running back Spencer Brown, defensive lineman Frank Herron, offensive lineman Mike Horton, cornerback Jalen Julius, wide receiver Keith Kirkwood, linebacker Christian Miller, offensive lineman Aaron Monteiro, wide receiver C.J. Saunders, tight end Stephen Sullivan, and offensive lineman Sam Tecklenburg.

Linebacker Josh Bynes was released, which leaves the Panthers with 58 players on the roster. They’ll have to get down to 53 players by 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday and one of the moves they’ll make will involve moving cornerback A.J. Bouye to the suspended list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Panthers announced 13 cuts on Tuesday morning and settled their backup quarterback job in the process.

Will Grier was one of the players waived by Carolin and that leaves P.J. Walker as the only player behind Sam Darnold on the depth chart. Grier was a third-round pick in 2019 and made two starts as a rookie, but did not appear in any games last season.

The Panthers also waived wide receiver Omar Bayless, running back Spencer Brown, defensive lineman Frank Herron, offensive lineman Mike Horton, cornerback Jalen Julius, wide receiver Keith Kirkwood, linebacker Christian Miller, offensive lineman Aaron Monteiro, wide receiver C.J. Saunders, tight end Stephen Sullivan, and offensive lineman Sam Tecklenburg.

Linebacker Josh Bynes was released, which leaves the Panthers with 58 players on the roster. They’ll have to get down to 53 players by 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday and one of the moves they’ll make will involve moving cornerback A.J. Bouye to the suspended list

Couple of minor surprises there, Spencer Brown I would have kept for RB depth, Christian Miller unlucky coz of how deep we are at edge rusher.

Glad we only kept two QBs. No need for Grier. Waste of a roster spot

Kenny Robinson being cut my first genuine shock. Had a great preseason, our depth at safety worries me, particularly FS. 100% would have made my 53 man roster.

Somewhat surprised Rashaan Melvin was but ive really liked the work of Stanley Thomas-Oliver this preseason so can understand why they have gone with the younger guy. Good call imo.

Panthers hiding Fletcher on season ending IR, dont buy the injury for a second, JJ Jansen still ahead of right now but hes the future LS of this team no doubt...

Smart move Fitt! :thumbsu:

One cut to go, think the delay could be if Shi Smith goes onto IR (or PUP) or not with his shoulder injury.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's all the cuts we make and he does.

Last edited:
Shi Smith avoids IR or PUP for now, Rod Smith the final cut.

5 TEs seems overkill, wouldn't be surprised to see a trade if possible here, perhaps Ian Thomas, if we stick with 5 its a reflection of the lack of confidence in the Oline.

Glad Myles Hartsfield made the team, think hell play more slot corner than safety.

Expect more moves over the coming days, reckon we could pick up a veteran linebacker off waivers, perhaps a running back

Last edited:

They were good times but time to for Panthers fans to stop looking in the review mirror, this is a different team, different owner, different coaching staff, and Cam is a completely different and far worse qb than he once was.

And besides all that, Cam wouldn't come back anyway after the way it was handled last offseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back