Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Oct 5, 2004
Point Cook
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Red Sox, Man U, Chi Bears
Carolina Cheeleaders Rock!

It was mentioned on PTI that during the Panthers-Bucs game on the weekend, two Panthers cheerleaders were having sex in a cubicle in the womens toilets, backing up the que and angreing busting patrons.

If only I could have been a fly on the wall in that bathroom

Parade_Redleg

Rookie
Feb 19, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Power/Browns/Redlegs
Hey Fuey Read This

Fight song

When the Panthers started in 1995, fans would sing the official Carolina Panther Fight Song every time the team would score. As the first season was played at Clemson University, many fans felt that the song was reminiscent of the collegiate atmosphere those games had.
The fight song only lasted a few years before being officially retired. Officials with the Panthers organization said that they received a large number of fan complaints regarding the fight song. The fight song was heard again, although in an abbreviated version, during the first preseason game of the 2006 season. The song was used throughout the remainder of the season.
There has been an unofficial Panthers song recorded by the Charlotte hip-hop group Q.C. Riders that proved somewhat popular during the team's first Super Bowl run. Ted Nugent's "Cat Scratch Fever" is an often-played song at home games at Bank of America Stadium.

Growl Towel

Growl Towel is the nickname adopted by fans that refers to small, terry-cloth towels that are waved or spun in the air during football games. The towels are similar to the Pittsburgh Steelers' Terrible Towel but in Panthers team colors (1996-1997) or in white in more recent years.

00011501_wayne_rooniesmall.jpg

Smith to miss first two games

Panther Steve Smith is going to miss the first two regular season games after fighting with teammate Lucas

Re: Peppers wants out of Carolina....

These rumours were around last season, saying he was as good as gone once if he hit FA.

And there was a reason he had his best season for a couple of years.

He's more than welcome in Green Bay, wouldn't give up our #1 for him though.

I guess Oakland are going to have to look at the situation with Nmandi. This guy is worth a bit (probably 2 first rounders), so it could be we look at a trade situation for someone like Peppers.

I guess Oakland are going to have to look at the situation with Nmandi. This guy is worth a bit (probably 2 first rounders), so it could be we look at a trade situation for someone like Peppers.

That's an interesting concept... maybe a player for player trade. Both player fill a need, both want a change of scenery, I think Carolina would have to throw in a little extra, but it could work...

Would prefer each to go to FA , but you never know what might happen...

Nmandi would be a certainty to be franchised (as i doubt he will sign a new deal, hope I am wrong), and they are rating him 2 first rounders. Peppers would cover 1 of those, and with maybe a 1st (at a push), maybe a 2nd from Carolina you may get interest. Shutdown corners are gold and probably worth a bit more than a very good DE like Peppers, I would have thought (but others may think otherwise)?

Oct 5, 2004
El Sobrante
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NBA:Houston NFL:Carolina

We were prepared for this, but it still stucks. I'd like one more shot with the team we have, but that's probably unrealistic anyway.

With the Rams apparently wanting Gross, It'll be interesting to see what happens. Unfortunately I don't see Peppers staying here.

Apr 3, 2007
Melbourne, S.E. Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons

And there was a reason he had his best season for a couple of years.

Another contract year superstar...how much will his production tail off once he signs his big money deal?

He was pretty much non-existent last season wasn't he?

Having said all that I'd take him at Atlanta for the right price. We'd get a pass rushing LE to replace our draft bust Jamaal Anderson (1 sack in two full seasons) and weaken one of our bitter rivals at the same time!!

Having Peppers and Abraham line up together sounds quite nice :cool:

Having Peppers and Abraham line up together sounds quite nice :cool:

You trying to make me feel ill? :)

I'm sure the Panthers are savvy enough to make sure if he goes he's out of the division. Right? :(

weagles_fan

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Ajax,Stuttgart,Bayern,Eagles,Braves

I think it's pretty clear he just wants out of the s**t hole that is Charlotte. :)

The Vikings certainly have the cap space to make a run at Peppers, however I don't see a Jared Allen type of deal in the wind (ie involoving lots of draft picks) as they have too many other needs that have to be addressed in the draft.

A run in free-agency could be on the cards though

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11270198

Carey, who first told ESPN.com of Peppers' decision early Saturday, said Peppers wants to play in a 3-4 defense. The Panthers use a 4-3 alignment.

"He certainly feels that he can excel and thrive in a 3-4 defense," Carey said.

Why the hell would you want IN to a 3-4 defense if you were perfectly suited to the 4-3 like Peppers is. Crazy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11270198

Why the hell would you want IN to a 3-4 defense if you were perfectly suited to the 4-3 like Peppers is. Crazy.

This would be a dream signing for Denver as it transitions into a 3-4. Cap problems could be a hiccup but it would make a big splash in McDaniels first year. Apparently Peppers goes to Nuggets games as well....

Back