Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Dwayne Haskins "visiting" us today....REALLY??? REEEAAAAAAALLLLLY?

If we sign him all my faith in Rhule is about to go down the toilet.

We can't afford it or match other teams.. Would take something like CMac or DJ Moore 2 firsts and 3 seconds to even have a hope.

All unecssary thoughts when you sign Haskins...

🤞

All unecssary thoughts when you sign Haskins...

🤞

Getting Haskins in for a visit leads me to believe we won't ne drafting a QB this year. Just looking for depth behind Teddy. Reckon there is better than a 50% chance we trade back and fill holes elsewhere on the roster.

Last edited:
Or pre draft smoke screening

No GM about, Rhule playing it straight up I reckon while he's in charge. Very much hope I'm wrong and we take one. QB classes like this don't roll round too often.

It's part of the reason we signed him I think, not the type of guy who would cause commotion with a potenial handover. At least that's the impression that I get.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Panthers hired Seahawks VP of football operations Scott Fitterer as general manager.
With the Seahawks since 2001, Fitterer just completed his sixth season as VP of football operations. Something of an annual candidate on the interview circuit, Fitterer had never find the right fit to leave Seattle. Fitterer has a background in both college scouting and pro personnel, but he is most known for his work on the college side. A survivor of three head coaches and a handful of front offices in Seattle, Fitterer will be tasked with furthering ex-college coach Matt Rhule's NFL evolution, something he has experience with from working with Pete Carroll.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jan 14, 2021, 3:51 PM ET

Hypothetically, Panthers fans, what sort of package can you come up with that would satisfy houston? Dig deep, a couple of firsts isn't enough.

EFL Boy

Spec Moderator
May 17, 2008
Minneapolis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Panthers, NYR, Bulls, Badgers
Hypothetically, Panthers fans, what sort of package can you come up with that would satisfy houston? Dig deep, a couple of firsts isn't enough.
I think you'd be looking at something like

CMC, 2021 1st, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2023 3rd.

That would get it done IMO. So hard to tell.

I think you'd be looking at something like

CMC, 2021 1st, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2023 3rd.

That would get it done IMO. So hard to tell.

Yea, I reckon that is around the mark. But I doubt Houston would want CMACs contract personally. Reckon DJ Moore would probably be more likely.

I'd rather try to trade up to 2 or 3 though.

Its hard. I get what you're saying, would cost a lot less. But you don't get the 100% guarantee of a franchise QB like you'd get from Watson either.

As much as I love Zach Wilson, I still think I'd lean to Watson if I had the choice of the two, even at such a steep price.

It's a lot harder to find a franchise QB than it is to build around one.

It's probably all a pipe dream but it's nice to dream all the same. 🌈

Back