Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Good breakdown of some key points from S.F's introductory press conference....the he believes in having a good oline had me 🤔 tho when looking at what Wilson has to work with....

Last edited:
The amount of sneaky shots Tepper, Rhule and now Fitterer have taken at Teddy Bridgewater since the season ended in interviews makes me think there is no way we are rolling into nother season with him being our undisputed starter.

Which is nice.

Very interesting times ahead this off-season.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Panthers plan to make a "strong push" for Deshaun Watson.
Rapsheet reports Carolina will be "aggressive" in pursuit of the elite quarterback. As we know, any team with even a passing need at quarterback should be checking into Watson's availability, but the Panthers are a particularly good fit. They have both an acute need under center and the No. 8 overall pick in the draft. The Texans will surely like the fact that they also reside in the opposite conference, limiting the amount of times Watson will be able to embarrass them in the years to come. Sporting an aggressive front office, the Panthers should be taken seriously if the Texans give into Watson's demand to be dealt.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jan 28, 2021, 5:07 PM ET

Don’t understand the stafford talk, i also respect him as a qb and understand hes had to deal with pretty crap Detroit teams for most of his career. But hes ageing now, would almost rather stick with teddy for another year if we are going down that line.
Young qb in the draft or go all in on watson i say.

Don’t understand the stafford talk,

The Stafford talk is coming from the same morons in the fanbase who celebrated week 16s pointless win against Washington.

Agree 100% with what you wrote.

The Stafford talk is coming from the same morons in the fanbase who celebrated week 16s pointless win against Washington.

Agree 100% with what you wrote.
Our prayers answered rams going all in on stafford, if they dont get a chip in the next two years lions won that trade.

Our prayers answered rams going all in on stafford, if they dont get a chip in the next two years lions won that trade.

With how much the Rams gave up for Stafford I think we can assume we are well he truly out of the Watson price range now.

With how much the Rams gave up for Stafford I think we can assume we are well he truly out of the Watson price range now.
Who has more to give? Jets?

Who has more to give? Jets?

Yea I think Jets have 4 firsts over the next two years.

Depends if Texans would prefer Tua as part of a package and what they value him at I suppose tho.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Panthers offered the Lions the No. 8 overall pick plus a "later" selection for Matthew Stafford.
Per Breer, the Washington Football Team also offered the No. 19 pick plus a third-rounder. NBC's Peter King reports at least one other team offered a first-rounder. Teams were coming hard in the paint for a player a week shy of his 33rd birthday, one who has had some injury issues creep up over the past two years. Despite his question marks, it cannot be debated that Stafford's talent is a plane higher than Jared Goff's.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Sports Illustrated
Feb 1, 2021, 12:34 AM ET

EFL Boy

Spec Moderator
May 17, 2008
Minneapolis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Panthers, NYR, Bulls, Badgers
Even though the draft stock was basically for Goff's salary cap, I'm sure it will drive up the price for Watson. I'm well onboard the 'Get Deshaun' train now. I don't think the Texans would take on or want to take on CMC's contract... something like a 3 firsts, a third & a player would probably get it done. Yes, you'd be selling the farm, but this is an elite, arguably top 5 QB.

Even though the draft stock was basically for Goff's salary cap, I'm sure it will drive up the price for Watson. I'm well onboard the 'Get Deshaun' train now. I don't think the Texans would take on or want to take on CMC's contract... something like a 3 firsts, a third & a player would probably get it done. Yes, you'd be selling the farm, but this is an elite, arguably top 5 QB.

No arguments that he's top 5, I could argue top 3. 3 firsts, a third and any player other than Burns or Chinn would be fine with me.

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Panthers offered the Lions the No. 8 overall pick plus a "later" selection for Matthew Stafford.
Per Breer, the Washington Football Team also offered the No. 19 pick plus a third-rounder. NBC's Peter King reports at least one other team offered a first-rounder. Teams were coming hard in the paint for a player a week shy of his 33rd birthday, one who has had some injury issues creep up over the past two years. Despite his question marks, it cannot be debated that Stafford's talent is a plane higher than Jared Goff's.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Sports Illustrated
Feb 1, 2021, 12:34 AM ET

Wowsers . I mean I like Stafford but not enough to give up pick 8 for at this stage of his career. Glad we got knocked back.

Wowsers . I mean I like Stafford but not enough to give up pick 8 for at this stage of his career. Glad we got knocked back.
very lucky, apparently it was signed sealed and delivered until the rams came in last second....

very lucky, apparently it was signed sealed and delivered until the rams came in last second....

Tepper so desperate for a QB.

I'd rather sit at #8 and take Trey Lance than trade it for Stafford

Back