Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagrees with the idea of trading away the beast that is McCaffery + picks. When it would probably be wiser to just draft a QB (like Mac Jones who should be available or Trey Lance).
Yeah i agree, lance over jones imo.
Although think i saw a mock draft that had jones go at 3/4 lol

Yeah i agree, lance over jones imo.
Although think i saw a mock draft that had jones go at 3/4 lol
You never know. Maybe this year it happens, so many teams desperate for a QB. But QBs going all early probably wont happen, especially if some of those teams pick up a FA or trade for one....like Mariota, Minshew, Watson, Darnold, etc.

Palardy, Weatherly and Boston cut, Boston a surprise, frees up roughly another 16 mil in cap space putting us to around 40 mil now.

Taylor Moton the #1 priority for me out of our own FAs. Going to cost a bit.

Would be sad to see Samuel go after the year he had but I just dont see us paying him the money he will command. Can find a slot replacement for him later in the draft, got my eye on someone like a Shi Smith.

Last edited:
Panthers owner David Tepper is "obsessed" with finding the team's long-term quarterback.
Carolina last week cleared $28.5 million by releasing defensive tackle Kawann Short, defensive end Stephen Weatherly, safety Tre Boston, and punter Michael Palardy. The moves are widely seen as preparation for making a run at Deshaun Watson, the last high-profile quarterback potentially available via trade after the Rams acquired Matthew Stafford and the Colts acquired Carson Wentz. Texans officials insist Watson isn't available in a transparent attempt to drive up his trade value. The Panthers, meanwhile, were in the running for Stafford but expressed no interest in Wentz. Peter King said his "best guess" is that Carolina will "continue to monitor the Watson situation for the next two months and, if the Texans stick to their guns, look hard at trading up from No. 8 for a quarterback."
SOURCE: SI.com
Feb 22, 2021, 9:53 AM ET

Look hard at trading up from No. 8 for a quarterback.

If it's not for Zach and the #2 pick don't bother. Stay at #8 and wait for Trey Lance.

If he's gone trade back and fill holes on the oline and secondary.

Worry about QB next year when we are estimated to have 70mil + in cap space.

If it's not for Zach and the #2 pick don't bother. Stay at #8 and wait for Trey Lance.

If he's gone trade back and fill holes on the oline and secondary.

Worry about QB next year when we are estimated to have 70mil + in cap space.
Rumor is the Panthers are clearing tons of cap space for one Deshaun Watson ;)

Rumor is the Panthers are clearing tons of cap space for one Deshaun Watson ;)

Tre Boston the only surprising cut so far. Short and Palardy were always on the cards.

Not gonna get my hopes on Watson. So many things have to fall into place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still got the shakes from Matt Kalil when we sign ex viking offensive lineman but a couple of Jets guys I respect reckon Elflein
was more than solid for them when they picked him up last year. They were disappointed to lose him .

If we go around again with Ian Thomas as the main TE on the roster I'd be shocked. With Manhertz leaving to Jacksonville that leaves only Thomas and Thompson as the two TEs on the roster. Surely we sign or trade for someone in the coming day(s)

Still got my eyes on Gerald Everett and David Njoku, hoping we get one of them after Jonnu Smith was taken by the Pats.

If we go around again with Ian Thomas as the main TE on the roster I'd be shocked. With Manhertz leaving to Jacksonville that leaves only Thomas and Thompson as the two TEs on the roster. Surely we sign or trade for someone in the coming day(s)

Still got my eyes on Gerald Everett and David Njoku, hoping we get one of them after Jonnu Smith was taken by the Pats.
Drafting Kyle Pitts imo

So we pickup a guy I gushed over a few years back now , Denzel Perryman, was an incredible linebacker in college for Miami. His NFL career hasn't panned out as I thought it would mainly though because if injury, if he can stay fit it's a definite upgrade on Whitehead, but history would suggest that he won't.

Fox and Reddick have really brightness me up on what had been a dull free agency period so far. Both guys were excellent last year for their respective teams.

We will be back to running a 3-4 base defense with these moves I think, which is no problem for Burns. Fox with Brown and Reddick with Burns really excites me.

With these moves I'd say don't hold your breath on us trading for or drafting a qb this year. Best player available I think it will be early in the draft. (A tackle, Pitts or one of the CBs I reckon)

If we roll into the year with Erving as our LT it will be lambs to the slaughter, perfect for Teddy and or PJ. Would be pretty silly to expect a rookie to flourish with a scrub like Erving at LT. Until that position is upgraded I don't even think I want a new QB.

If we do draft a QB in the first we had better turn our arses round and grab a tackle in the second round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back