Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Didn't even come to me til someone pointed it out ina video but Reddick is another ex Rhule and Phil Snow player from Temple.

Dare say we will know how to use him far better than the Cardinals did.

Can you imagine if all this stuff came out after trading for Watson? fk me. Would have potentially set us back for another 5 years +:

The niners just f’ed us hard

I get the fan frustration, but I really don't love any QB outside the top 2. Pointless trading up for one of them imo so kind of glad we are sticking. I'd be happy enough to have a boring off-season and build the roster in other areas. We are still more than a QB away.

Let's do the "boring" thing and select this beast at #8 instead. Would be nice to have Slater and Moton at tackle for when we do eventually bring our next QB in.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Panthers acquired QB Sam Darnold from the Panthers in exchange for three draft picks.
The Panthers are sending a 2021 sixth-rounder New York's way before getting more serious in 2022, where they will be shipping off their second- and fourth-rounders. It's not much of a haul — future picks are inherently less valuable — but it's a lot better than nothing, with the second-rounder at least representing real draft capital. As part of the deal, the Panthers are exercising Darnold's (guaranteed for injury only) fifth-year team option for 2022. Darnold is an uninspired Teddy Bridgewater back-up plan after the Panthers put all their eggs in the Deshaun Watson basket, but they can convince themselves 24-year-old (in June) Darnold still has untapped upside. Picking eighth later this month, the move doesn't necessarily take the Panthers out of the running for a rookie signal caller, though they already know the top three quarterbacks will come off the board in the top three picks. Darnold arrives to challenge or usurp Bridgewater after a horrendous 2020 where he had more picks than passing scores. It's tough to properly evaluate Darnold considering the lack of offensive talent and coaching acumen around him in New York, but most players with a bright future would have already displayed some semblance of the ability to create instant offense by now. That being said, Panthers OC Joe Brady is on the short list of people you would want to try to turn Darnold around. Darnold should be considered the favorite to start in September.
RELATED:
Apr 5, 2021, 4:02 PM ET

😡...

Funny how this has all turned out cause of one pointless win against Washington.

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. Tepper's desperation has the possibility to set us back two, three or four years. Getting a QB for the sake of it is just stupid. What we gave up for him reeks of desperation

Having said all that, I really do like Sam as a kid, he's got a great work ethic and is a quality representative of a franchise. Hope it works out, but put me firmly in the "bad move" camp.

Last edited:
This was posted an hour or so before the Darnold trade funnily enough, ...Like GG.exe said, this is what we should have done, what was the rush? Could have got him way cheaper. If you miss out no biggie

Still kept the 8th pick and got a young qb who could be anything with the right pieces in place. Lets draft sewell, pitts or surtain and push forward. Im actually excited about next season instead of another wasted year with teddy toiletwater at the helm.

Back