Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Convince me mate, I need reassuring
What we gave up is nothing if he becomes our guy for the next ten years which I absolutely believe he can be

Still kept the 8th pick and got a young qb who could be anything with the right pieces in place. Lets draft sewell, pitts or surtain and push forward. Im actually excited about next season instead of another wasted year with teddy toiletwater at the helm.

Get the feeling trading back is a big possibility if Pitts or Sewell aren't there at #8.

This trade will probably look better once we obtain compo for moving back during the draft.

Im starting to back away a little bit from the ledge. 😂

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Panthers will attempt to adjust Teddy Bridgewater's contract if its unable to move him via trade.
On the books for a $22.9 million cap hit this upcoming year, the team can either keep Bridgewater around as a backup for a restructured amount or save $2.9 million by cutting him altogether. With P.J. Walker, Will Grier, and Tommy Stevens still on the roster, the 28-year-old's most likely scenario is landing elsewhere before the draft. Although the Panthers soured on his performance down the stretch, Bridgewater remains competent enough to enter 2021 as a veteran option behind a developing quarterback.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 5, 2021, 4:43 PM ET

Get the feeling trading back is a big possibility if Pitts or Sewell aren't there at #8.

This trade will probably look better once we obtain compo for moving back during the draft.

Im starting to back away a little bit from the ledge. 😂
Not a fan of surtain?

Not a fan of surtain?

I'm a fan. I'm pretty high on Horn also tho. If we can get additional compo and move back to draft him iinstead think I'd rather that tho.

Uuuuuuuuuugh.

Why are you disappointed?
Its low risk with high reward. Most likely all of the top 4/5 qbs will be gone by pick 8. The other option was giving away cmc and a ton of high quality picks for watson.
This way we still get top talent at qb who has been wasted by a system built by bozo Adam Gase and keep our 8th pick.
Win win.

With the Jets being my AFC team im subscribed to quite a few Jets based channels on youtube, have seen plenty of film on Darnold, this one I think highlights his issues that scare me most...

There is no doubt he has the tools and talent, or at least he did have them, but we need to reset the switch to USC, which is no easy task.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you disappointed?
Its low risk with high reward. Most likely all of the top 4/5 qbs will be gone by pick 8. The other option was giving away cmc and a ton of high quality picks for watson.
This way we still get top talent at qb who has been wasted by a system built by bozo Adam Gase and keep our 8th pick.
Win win.
I just don't see it as much of an upgrade at QB.

Whilst I agree that it's nice & ideal to not sell the farm, it just takes a lot of the buzz & hype out of this off-season/draft period for me, selfishly.

bouye is a quality vet pick up

Been pretty injury prone the past few years but I'm happy enough to have him. We need a veteran presence back there.

David Tepper remains the NFL’s richest owner, and he’s gotten a lot richer lately.

Tepper’s net worth is listed at $14.5 billion on the latest Forbes billionaires list, which indicates that his net worth has risen by 21 percent since last year. Tepper’s hedge funds have done well during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The NFL’s next-richest is Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, with an estimated net worth of $8.9 billion.

Following Jones is Rams owner Stan Kroenke, who has dropped down to “only” $8.2 billion, with Forbes estimating he has lost 18 percent of his wealth in the last year.

Next among the NFL’s richest owners are Jacksonville’s Shahid Khan ($8 billion), Miami’s Stephen Ross ($7 billion), New England’s Robert Kraft ($6.9 billion) and Atlanta’s Arthur Blank ($6.2 billion).

All of the NFL’s owners combined aren’t as rich as Jeff Bezos, who is listed as the world’s richest person at $177 billion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back