Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Admittedly I flew off the deep end several times this morning when we traded back and twice and took a reciever, had visions of Fitterer doing a Schnider and neglecting the Oline like they do in Seattle.

Then bam, we take tackle in round 3 with Christiansen making the pick of Terrace Marshall look much better.

Just of note , we traded back to one spot in front of the Saints in round 2 and took a WR....coincidence? I think not. 😂👍
Not a bad pick the ot we got.
Protected zach enough to get to the 2nd pick 🤷‍♂️

Not a bad pick the ot we got.
Protected zach enough to get to the 2nd pick 🤷‍♂️

Yea that was my thinking also, BYU had a good line but I didn't scout him. Drd said he has TRex arms and that's why he wasnt taken so high

Ive warmed to horn now, mans an old school s**t talker!
Darnolds got his weapons and the defence is building nicely.
So pumped for the future!
Keep Pounding everybody 💙🖤

Ive warmed to horn now, mans an old school sh*t talker!
Darnolds got his weapons and the defence is building nicely.
So pumped for the future!
Keep Pounding everybody 💙🖤

The defense starting to excite me even more than the offense.

The Athletic's Dan Pompei reports WR Terrace Marshall "could have been taken as high as the middle of the first round."
Marshall, whose draft stock plunged amid injury concerns, landed in Carolina with the 59th pick -- a steal by any measure. Marshall reunites with Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady, who coordinated LSU's historic 2019 National Championship offense with Marshall. The explosive wideout was a touchdown machine that season, scoring 19 times on 46 receptions. He followed that up with ten touchdowns on 48 grabs in 2020. He predictably tested well during his pro day, registering an 85th percentile burst score and an 85th percentile speed score. Marshall, 21, who will immediately play in Carolina's three-receiver sets, has as much upside as any rookie taken outside the first half of the first round. His addition to the Panthers offense is a big plus for Sam Darnold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Panthers LT Brady Christensen in 2020 received the highest grade Pro Football Focus has ever given to a collegiate offensive lineman.
Christensen, the BYU product taken in the third round by the Panthers -- who had hoped to drafted Oregon LT Penei Sewell -- is the odds-on favorite to start the 2021 season as Carolina's left tackle. The team has sought a reliable left tackle since 2013, when Jordan Gross retired. Christensen's PFF grade of 96 last season was an all-time high as he allowed two pressures on BYU QB Zach Wilson on 293 pass plays. “He comes from that pro-style offense at BYU so he’s done the things that we are asking guys to do,” Panthers head coach Matt Rhule said. “He’s been doing it there. He’s a tackle candidate that can also go inside and play guard. Again, a great, great, great athlete. Intelligence, the whole package.” Carolina's offensive line was leaky for some of the 2020 season; PFF graded them as the 18th best pass blocking unit. Carolina landing Christensen and WR Terrace Marshall are big wins for Sam Darnold.
RELATED:
SOURCE: APNews.com
May 5, 2021, 9:16 AM ET

Panthers LT Brady Christensen in 2020 received the highest grade Pro Football Focus has ever given to a collegiate offensive lineman.
Christensen, the BYU product taken in the third round by the Panthers -- who had hoped to drafted Oregon LT Penei Sewell -- is the odds-on favorite to start the 2021 season as Carolina's left tackle. The team has sought a reliable left tackle since 2013, when Jordan Gross retired. Christensen's PFF grade of 96 last season was an all-time high as he allowed two pressures on BYU QB Zach Wilson on 293 pass plays. “He comes from that pro-style offense at BYU so he’s done the things that we are asking guys to do,” Panthers head coach Matt Rhule said. “He’s been doing it there. He’s a tackle candidate that can also go inside and play guard. Again, a great, great, great athlete. Intelligence, the whole package.” Carolina's offensive line was leaky for some of the 2020 season; PFF graded them as the 18th best pass blocking unit. Carolina landing Christensen and WR Terrace Marshall are big wins for Sam Darnold.
RELATED:
SOURCE: APNews.com
May 5, 2021, 9:16 AM ET

Well done G!

You answered my Panthers biased question i left for you the other day replaying to you about Leatherwood being the highest hraded high school tackle. 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back