Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Paying Bridgewater $20 million a year ffs. Better off rolling with Kyle Allen. Just shows how bad the Will Grier selection was when we had so many other needs. We’ll be a proper dumpster fire next season

We were a dumpster fire this year so whatevs....At least the franchise is finally moving forward rather than running on the hampster wheel with Rivera and Newton, weve been sitting round waiting for 2015 to repeat itself for long enough, every season since we have gotten further and further away from it...Time to move forward in a completely different direction without any baggage.

Last edited:

Don't know how to feel. I can't see Bridgewater as a franchise QB, nor leading us to a Superbowl. Hoping we address QB with our first pick in the draft, although we have a number of holes.

0% chance they draft a QB at any point in this draft imo.

They are giving Teddy a chance. He suits Brady's offense. Was probably hand picked by Joe himself. Remembering we also signed Kyle Allen last week as well.If the s**t completely hits the fan this year then maybe next year. But I see them giving Teddy two years to prove his worth.

Reckon we will trade down and try and stock pile selections. Wouldn't even be surprised if we traded down twice in the first and or second round.

Simmons and Okudah are the two players I think we may select if we do decide to pick at #7 and they are available.

See, this is what I'm talking about? A Carolina Panthers fans liked this s**t post.

Even if someone like me wanted to do something about it, it has no impact.

A genuine Panthers fan (Even if they internally agreed with them, and even if they like GG) would have a shot back.

At the very least Teddy will dive on his own fumble
Yeah?

Well Newton's gone closer to a SB win than Dan Marino. Heck, Dave Woodley has gone close to a SB win than Marino.

But there's no point in saing that now.

See, this is what I'm talking about? A Carolina Panthers fans liked this s**t post.

A genuine Panthers fan (Even if they internally agreed with them, and even if they like GG) would have a shot back.

Yeah?

Well Newton's gone closer to a SB win than Dan Marino. Heck, Dave Woodley has gone close to a SB win than Marino.

Its true a qb can only do so much in a game. Its a total team effort to get the Ws. This is what crueled Marino from a Lombardi. Nothing else. Not him. But there are moments in a game when a qb has to step up and contribute to get the W himself. A certain point in the game that was all decided by a total team effort resulting in being a score behind with a few minutes left, up to him, last drive. Or a clutch 3rd down throw needed to ice a game etc.

In that panthers broncos SB, newton had ONE moment where he could salvage a chance to still win the game, by diving on the fumble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with what you've just said. Even if a Panthers fans (Incorrectly) agreed with you.

"Cam Newton is the single biggest reason why Panthers fans got to see their team **** up in a SB in the first place. So go **** yourself."

In amongst other things.
The one thing i dislike, and it happens on all fan sites, is fans of a team being divided between those who are always optimistic and those who are negative, and the optimistic fans telling the negative fans they're not real fans, only them. It may even be one particular topic, like hating the owner, or the HC, or the QB, and not being negative all the time....and that hate for a singular identity meaning one isnt a true fan.

Its basement level. Happens inside every teams fanbase. Not disliking you and your contributions, but just to ease up maybe a little on that? There is validity to certain negative thoughts about Newton, for instance. Tho personally i think hes been a great of the org, he was so tough and took a lot of hits and no penalty calls unlike guys like Brees, Brady etc. He was never going to be a Rodgers pocket passer elite. The Panthers did well getting to a SB one year at least in Newtons career, utilizing him in an offensive system that makes the most of his talents. Not a lot of orgs or franchise QBs achieve a SB appearance. And look how badly Goffs appearance was for the Rams in comparison.

The one thing i dislike, and it happens on all fan sites, is fans of a team being divided between those who are always optimistic and those who are negative, and the optimistic fans telling the negative fans they're not real fans, only them. It may even be one particular topic, like hating the owner, or the HC, or the QB, and not being negative all the time....and that hate for a singular identity meaning one isnt a true fan.

Its basement level. Happens inside every teams fanbase. Not disliking you and your contributions, but just to ease up maybe a little on that? There is validity to certain negative thoughts about Newton, for instance. Tho personally i think hes been a great of the org, he was so tough and took a lot of hits and no penalty calls unlike guys like Brees, Brady etc. He was never going to be a Rodgers pocket passer elite. The Panthers did well getting to a SB one year at least in Newtons career, utilizing him in an offensive system that makes the most of his talents. Not a lot of orgs or franchise QBs achieve a SB appearance. And look how badly Goffs appearance was for the Rams in comparison.

Thank you. Doesn't mean I don't still love my team just because I don't like certain players.

I mean I love what my team has done now and other people hate it,does that mean they aren't "real" fans also? Saying its fake excitement on my behalf when I genuinely am happy. Just because they aren't though they believe I must be faking it.

One last thing:

Cam Newton had one great season.in the ten he was here with this team, I'm sorry that is simp!y not enough to make him the franchises greatest player ever so stop with that silliness. Was it the best single season by a player on this franchise? Absolutely. But that doesn't vault you all the way to number one over some of the absolute elites at their position.

He's fourth:

1. Smith
2. Kuechly ( I've elevated Luke to number 2 recently, his resume as a Panthers compared to Peppers puts him ahead)
3. Peppers
4. Newton

Behind 3 future HOFs, something Newton won't ever be.

I honestly believe if Newton didnt post that Instagram video he'd still be on the team and our QB this season also. His self righteousness after the Panthers released a statement saying they have given him permission to seek a trade is hilarious.

Airing dirty laundry to the public was the final straw with management. It's something a true franchise QB wouldn't do. Part of the reason why he still finds himself without a team. No one is beating our door down for an apparent leader who behaves like that.

We've signed Pharoh Cooper, someone I'm genuinely excited about seeing play for us. Have always taken an interest in his career, has made some absurd returns during his time in the NFL.

He's just a Hester though, purely a return man it seems, hasn't really produced as a WR. But Ted Ginn did similar for us one time though, so you never know.

Yeah?

Agreed 1000%

Newton was never elite, Rodgers-like. Hes not a pocket passer. What he was, the org embraced and created offensive systems for him fo excel in. Not eye-popping passing numbers, because thats not him. Doesnt mean he sucks as an NFL qb. Hes been better than Vick in his career. Vick was never Rodgers or Young. Newton is what he is. But he certainly had a great NFL career. You (adp) slam Cam as having one good season, but youre only looking at it from a passing statistical perception....again Newton was never supposed to be Rodgers or Ryan.

He was no flame out like RGIII was. He actually was kind of the modern daddy of "athletic black qbs" getting a fair go being starters and having systems tailored for them, not being forced to be pocket passers and work only in Pro Scheme. Since him, and he proved a lot of doubters wrong, who said he ld be a monumental bust draft time (including me), hes proven them all wrong. So tough, we havent seen a QB his size and toughness for like 40 years, he wasnt the Lamar/Vick/RG type who was afraid of getting hit and whod come off worse after a hit. So many highlights in his career of doing amazingly tough things running the ball.

He was always evotistical, as all qbs are, thats no slight on any of them. Theyre all supreme athletes, and stars of their teams and the entire league, so they dance and show off and act up. No slight.

A11dat has changed his tune big time since the SB. Probs got sick of Newton over the following years which I understand, but doesn't make it right to change his opinion about that game

You've never changed your mind on someone over time?

I'm more than entitled to after seeing Newton's actions over the past year in particular. Just as other are entitled to still think hss fantastic.

I mean do people really think it's a coincidence that hes out the door at the same time I started to hate him? Or is there actually something there to make me warrant not liking him anymore?

Seems suspicious how the two things have intertwined don't you reckon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back