Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

excellent analysis video, whenever theyre able to actually explain and illustrate what makes a player great.

That adjustment at the los vs the saints when he sent the cb on a blitz up the middle was so sexy.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Speaking to the Associated Press, Panthers GM Marty Hurney "refused to answer several" questions about Cam Newton’s future with the team.
"He’s rehabbing, that’s all I can say," was as far as Hurney was willing to go on Newton's health. He then refused to address Newton's Super Bowl week assertion that he would "absolutely" be back in Carolina in 2020. Newton also said he had an "unbelievable conversation" with Hurney, coach Matt Rhule and new owner David Tepper. General managers aren't known for their expansiveness, but Hurney's complete refusal to comment is certainly noteworthy. With the new league year approaching, we will likely know Newton's Carolina future by this time next month.
SOURCE: Associated Press
Feb 6, 2020, 8:56 PM ET

So ....Teppers just a typical billionaire narcissist apparently, according to some fans for not comitting to Cam next year ( I say some fans but it seems a majority)

How dare he, after all Cam has done since Tepper has owned this team! And in the past three years!

Delusional fan base, it's the perfect time to get out, we are in full rebuild mode and Cam isn't anything like 2015 Cam anymore, get over it. Cam is just about in the washed up stage.

I swear half the fan base would rather receive a golden shower from Newton than win a superbowl.

Last edited:
Wtf are you talking about?

What forums or news are you reading?

Teppers press conference/interview thingy yesterday, all the Camolina fans on twitter going mental over it ...the type of people who know 5 people on the entire team at most.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Well, having loaded up a bit on what's going on, I disagree with you.

I don't have a problem with Tepper wanting to start putting his stamp on the Panthers organisation. It was inevitable, and he's been doing off the field. But this BS about Newton is something I don't like.

I particularly disagree with what seems to be your "Fantasy GM" "What have you done for me lately" attitude.

Previously, even though recent teams haven't been successful, it looked like there was some unity. "We're miserable and s**t, but we're miserable and s**t together" type thing.

This BS with Greg Olsen contradicting reports of his departure? That's just not something that happens within good football organisations. This BS with Thomas Davis expressing his opinion on what Newton should do? That's also something that happens within good football organisations. Thomas Davis may be a Chargers player atm, but he's a Panthers legend. You cannot have him saying the s**t he's been saying. I presume he has some inside knowledge?

The "rebuild" route is also BS. With a game as structured as American football, in a competition with so many teams like the NFL, a 40% chance of making the play offs. A rebuild doesn't take 5 years, it takes 2. And you don't go into "rebuild attitude", you just make changes. You cannot not make changes from season to season, But you don't go into a *ed capitulation mode because "we're rebuilding".

If Matt Rhule is someone who can coach a team to sb wins, then I don't have a problem with a Godfather offer. But offering a long contract to allow a margin of error because the team is expected to be s**t is BS. There's no reason why the team shouldn't make the play offs next season. In a competition like the nfl, I don't see how you can be so confident of success in the long term future, as to accept being s**t in the short term.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
And another thing about Newton. ******* around with Newton, no matter how beat up he is, is not a good thing for the Panthers. It's one thing when you're an outsider to have a "clinical" opinion, and it may be nothing personal, and the nfl is a ruthless "business". But it sends a message within the nfl community of "The Carolina Panthers are a demented organisation that doesn't know what it's doing. They treat the best player in their history like s**t."

If that happens, there's no question that'll backfire when it comes to other players in the future.

Well, having loaded up a bit on what's going on, I disagree with you.

I don't have a problem with Tepper wanting to start putting his stamp on the Panthers organisation. It was inevitable, and he's been doing off the field. But this BS about Newton is something I don't like.

I particularly disagree with what seems to be your "Fantasy GM" "What have you done for me lately" attitude.

Previously, even though recent teams haven't been successful, it looked like there was some unity. "We're miserable and s**t, but we're miserable and s**t together" type thing.

This BS with Greg Olsen contradicting reports of his departure? That's just not something that happens within good football organisations. This BS with Thomas Davis expressing his opinion on what Newton should do? That's also something that happens within good football organisations. Thomas Davis may be a Chargers player atm, but he's a Panthers legend. You cannot have him saying the s**t he's been saying. I presume he has some inside knowledge?

The "rebuild" route is also BS. With a game as structured as American football, in a competition with so many teams like the NFL, a 40% chance of making the play offs. A rebuild doesn't take 5 years, it takes 2. And you don't go into "rebuild attitude", you just make changes. You cannot not make changes from season to season, But you don't go into a ******ed capitulation mode because "we're rebuilding".

If Matt Rhule is someone who can coach a team to sb wins, then I don't have a problem with a Godfather offer. But offering a long contract to allow a margin of error because the team is expected to be s**t is BS. There's no reason why the team shouldn't make the play offs next season. In a competition like the nfl, I don't see how you can be so confident of success in the long term future, as to accept being s**t in the short term.

Good post, enjoyable read(being serious).

Youre way too much of a romantic traditionalist for me but I can respect a strong opinion.

I think you better get used to what Tepper is doing though seriously, he's more ownership from the 21 st century, heavily into his analytics and has a take no prisioners attitude, he respects the players of the past in this franchise but he isn't going to keep them round cause they are fan favorites when he's just wasting money in his mind.

Its a dangerous game in some ways, I'll give you that. But it's also the right way. This one leg in one leg out thing doesn't work. You win some division titles every so often but in the end you come up well short of the ultimate goal, a championship. As a fan I'm not about that life. Newton isn't worth investing in in the eyes of Tepper and I happen to agree with him.

And another thing about Newton. ******* around with Newton, no matter how beat up he is, is not a good thing for the Panthers. It's one thing when you're an outsider to have a "clinical" opinion, and it may be nothing personal, and the nfl is a ruthless "business". But it sends a message within the nfl community of "The Carolina Panthers are a demented organisation that doesn't know what it's doing. They treat the best player in their history like s**t."

If that happens, there's no question that'll backfire when it comes to other players in the future.

Nah, this is false. Unlike Richardson he got off his arse and did something to bring a legend like Steve Smith back to the franchise when he had no attachment to him whatsoever. He may be tough but he's fair and respects a players contribution from the past.

Last edited:
Look at all the Dead Cap the Panthers have for next year! $27 Million FFS! We haven't even made any cuts yet either. Marty Hurney at his finest.

Is any of this Matt Kalil though? Is: Gettleman?

If we managed to bend over the Bengals with something like this I'd laugh my arse off.....in my dreams tho, Zac. Even the Bengals aren't this dumb.

I love Rhule and Brady, was cool to hear a little bit from the old head Phil Snow too.

The Kuechly stuff still makes me sad even though I already know what he's going to say.

Nice lil recap of a busy offseason so far, can't wait to see what we do with the draft and free agency stuff.

Any Panthers fans interested in a Luke Kuechly colour rush jersey?

Why you getting rid of it? Throw backs are awesome, in a few years time you'll wish you kept it.

Back