Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Just evened out the Soliai signing

Yea but i havent heard the G-Man even mention S in a press conference or interview. :p

(G-Man is a wiley fox so you have that going for you though)

Gettleman calling Norman's bluff. I am not surprised to see this happen (no long term deal) because we are a tightarse franchise, but I thought he would play out his tag. It's a risky and bold move. Norman was a bit of a strange dude at times so maybe there is more to it.

Gettleman calling Norman's bluff. I am not surprised to see this happen (no long term deal) because we are a tightarse franchise, but I thought he would play out his tag. It's a risky and bold move. Norman was a bit of a strange dude at times so maybe there is more to it.

Gettleman doesnt value CB's as highly as DL, its that plain and simple, build from the inside to pressure the opposing QB and you can make an average corner look good. (not that i think Norman is an average corner, i just agree with how GMan thinks, Short and Star are much more important players to us)

Im also thinking he has found a CB in this years draft who he believes will be a starter for us, the timing of the cut makes no sense if we dont have something up our sleeve.

As for the tight arse stuff, not so sure about that, take a look at Olivier Vernon and Malik Jackson's contracts, how much do you think Kawann is going to demand if Vernon and Malik are getting that much? He will be getting massive money next year.

Gettleman doesnt value CB's as highly as DL, its that plain and simple, build from the inside to pressure the opposing QB and you can make an average corner look good. (not that i think Norman is an average corner, i just agree with how GMan thinks, Short and Star are much more important players to us)

Im also thinking he has found a CB in this years draft who he believes will be a starter for us, the timing of the cut makes no sense if we dont have something up our sleeve.

As for the tight arse stuff, not so sure about that, take a look at Olivier Vernon and Malik Jackson's contracts, how much do you think Kawann is going to demand if Vernon and Malik are getting that much? He will be getting massive money next year.
I get it. Short and Lotulelei are going to get paid and Short is more worth it than Norman. Washington have a 5 year deal that they can basically cut at 2 years if they want to, what would be wrong with us doing that? If it ain't broke don't fix it. I got this strange feeling Lou Young is going to be our starting cb this year lol. I really liked Josh, I was angry at first but the more I look into it the more it does make sense we let him go. Now, we just can't sign anymore free agents I think otherwise we don't get that 3rd rounder for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bene Benwikere will play at pro bowl level this season

Completely agree, talk was he was a better player in the slot when in college but all the evidence so far points to him being at better corner in the NFL. Played really well last year when Tillman went down and he was moved to CB and was good in his rookie year at corner when we had no one else. Excited to see what he can produce this year.

Completely agree, talk was he was a better player in the slot when in college but all the evidence so far points to him being at better corner in the NFL. Played really well last year when Tillman went down and he was moved to CB and was good in his rookie year at corner when we had no one else. Excited to see what he can produce this year.

We still need to draft at least 1 CB and bring in some undrafted guys. Depth is not great. We really need a number 2 CB to play opposite Benwikere and have Boykin in the slot.

We still need to draft at least 1 CB and bring in some undrafted guys. Depth is not great. We really need a number 2 CB to play opposite Benwikere and have Boykin in the slot.

G-Man sounded awfully like he was going with a DT in the press conference i heard the other day.

quotemokc ;)

To be fair it was standard Gettleman, he will be drafting big guys early and flling the gaps later on. Could be an OT, DE, or DT. Ill be surprised if our first two picks are on anything else.

G-Man sounded awfully like he was going with a DT in the press conference i heard the other day.

quotemokc ;)

To be fair it was standard Gettleman, he will be drafting big guys early and flling the gaps later on. Could be an OT, DE, or DT. Ill be surprised if our first two picks are on anything else.

I don't expect a CB in the first round but there will be at least 1 taken. We need to look at safety too.

I like Butler the more i look at his tape. Pick makes sense. Star's past injury issues make it some good insurance at the very least, having said that he reminds me more of KK than he does Star. Rotating Butler, Star, KK, Soliai and Love through DT this year will be fun to watch, no rest for opposing OL's.

Ron said we had 7 teams calling trying to trade up! :eek:

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 3.00.30 PM.png

That only fills me with confidence that we were very very high on him, must have knocked back some decent offers to stick fat and draft Butler.

He was a senior but is still only turns 22 in June so plenty of years left in hopefully a great career as a Panther. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back