Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted this in the pre season discussion a while ago, he's better than what a heap of teams have starting at MLB right now. Its madness that no team has offered up something in a trade for him, those games where he filled in for Luke last year were was awesome, we didnt miss a beat.

GG.exe your raiders would be mad not to look at him.

Im sure he will leave next year and get a nice pay rise, and so he should, he's too good to be just depth
Maybe the raiders will

Stephen Hill didnt even make it past the first round of cuts. Three years of nothingness despite panthers.com talking him up non stop. :rainbow:

Will be interesting to see who gets a roster spot out Byrd, Norwood and Bersin. Hoping its Byrd but Norwood has impressed this preseason and Bersin has put up some good numbers in games also.

Stephen Hill didnt even make it past the first round of cuts. Three years of nothingness despite panthers.com talking him up non stop. :rainbow:

Will be interesting to see who gets a roster spot out Byrd, Norwood and Bersin. Hoping its Byrd but Norwood has impressed this preseason and Bersin has put up some good numbers in games also.

I'm hearing ya. I like Norwood the most out of the 3 but I can see him being the unlucky one

Andy Lee is our new punter.

We gave up a fair bit for a punter so im expecting big things. The amount of money we have invested in ST would have to be up there with the highest in the NFL would it not?

We gave up a fair bit for a punter so im expecting big things. The amount of money we have invested in ST would have to be up there with the highest in the NFL would it not?

Yeah I thought we gave up a fair bit but he is one of the better Punters in the NFL.

So none of the tight ends ready stood up to take a spot so not sure what happens there. We are going to lose some good WR's probably Norwood (Injured) and Garret (Really unlucky, i think he has the most upside of all wr's outside of KB and Funchess). Not sure what Fozzy Whitaker and Corey Brown have done to earn a spot as they are always injured, but it seems like we are keeping them. Butler was a beast today!

Concerned that we have struggled to get into the end zone all preseason while in the red zone long be it with the first, second or third team. Hoping this changes as a result of Cam running/being a threat to run the ball more often during the regular season than he has this preseason. We havent used Stewart all that much either come to think of it. No run game does make life easier for opposing defenses, probably nothing to be concerned about but just something ive noticed.

So none of the tight ends ready stood up to take a spot so not sure what happens there. We are going to lose some good WR's probably Norwood (Injured) and Garret (Really unlucky, i think he has the most upside of all wr's outside of KB and Funchess). Not sure what Fozzy Whitaker and Corey Brown have done to earn a spot as they are always injured, but it seems like we are keeping them. Butler was a beast today!

Jeremy Cash has had a good preseason also. Pushing claims for a spot on the 53 despite coming from a fair way back. Could come down to him or Mayo and special team output.

I think we will only roll with the two tight ends (Olsen and Dickson). Perhaps Marcus Lucas but it all depends on how we see him as a blocker or if we think Olsen will continue to have injury concerns going into the season. Hope he stays on the practice squad regardless, seems as though he has some tools to be a decent pass catcher.

Brown has to stay unless we see Byrd or Garret being just as effective this year (which i doubt). If Ginn goes down we have no one else who can get behind the defense. I know we like big receivers but we would be too top heavy.

RE: Fozzy. I would have liked to see what Wegher could have done as a third down back a bit more this preseason. Im surprised we didnt look outside Fozzy for someone else to play the role a bit more for us. Would love to know if there is someone on the waiver wire we could grab to at least give us an option going forward. I can see Wegher being the one who gets cut if we go with an extra WR (Bersin, Byrd or Norwood) or TE (Lucas or Sandland).

Last edited:
Concerned that we have struggled to get into the end zone all preseason while in the red zone long be it with the first, second or third team. Hoping this changes as a result of Cam running/being a threat to run the ball more often during the regular season than he has this preseason. We havent used Stewart all that much either come to think of it. No run game does make life easier for opposing defenses, probably nothing to be concerned about but just something ive noticed.
Offense battled early on last year too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im surprised we didnt look outside Fozzy for someone else to play the role a bit more for us. Would love to know if there is someone on the waiver wire we could grab to at least give us an option going forward..

Dexter McCluster waived by Titans, perfect for the 3rd down back role.

Zach Sanchez waived, little stunned by that, thought he looked decent enough in camp and preseason. Perhaps Bene being back to full health was the reason? Figure he will be playing nickel all season long now. Guess that also means McClain will be making the team.

Stat: 5th round pick Sanchez is the first player drafted by Gettleman to be cut while healthy, wow, shows you what a great job he has done.

Wegher waived as suspected, shame, dont think he really got a go off the back of a very impressive preseason last year. As mentioned above i hope we look for a 3rd down back off waivers.

Last edited:
Reading on Bleacher report that Jeremy Cash has made the 53, stoked, have loved the look of him this preseason!

Lucas didnt make the roster though, tough, hope he makes it through waivers and we can stash on practice squad

Eric Wallace didnt either, ******* Norf spud. :rainbow:

Last edited:
Notables:

WR: Bersin and Byrd both make the roster. Happy for both after their preseason showings. Feel Norwood and Garrett are stiff but there is only so much room, hoping they make it through waivers and onto the PS.

TE: If we could find room for Simonson im surpised we couldnt find room for Lucas who hope makes it through waivers more than any other player we cut.

RB: Im still convinced we need a better option than Fozzy, this will be CAP's make it or break it year.

OL: Shuffling the deckchairs on depth, still a very shallow position. Convinced we need to upgrade next year.

DE: Delaire can consider himself a very very lucky boy. I like him but * me he was terrible in that Baltimore game.

DT: Surprised we didnt find room to keep Love on the roster TBH.

LB: So many LB's but Mayo, Cash and Norris (who i can say i had never heard of until now, shame on me for not paying any attention whastoever to him during the preseason) will only be ST contributers you would imagine if we stay healthy this year.

DB: Happy enough with that group, was first a bit shocked we cut Sanchez but when looking over the roster we just have no room. Glad we kept Marlowe and McClain ahead of him at the end of the day. Teddy Williams will provide on ST.

Reading on Bleacher report that Jeremy Cash has made the 53, stoked, have loved the look of him this preseason!

Lucas didnt make the roster though, tough, hope he makes it through waivers and we can stash on practice squad

Eric Wallace didnt either, ******* Norf spud. :rainbow:
Opened this thread hoping Wallace could be mentioned without being a dick about it.

Glad to be proven wrong.

Notables:

WR: Bersin and Byrd both make the roster. Happy for both after their preseason showings. Feel Norwood and Garrett are stiff but there is only so much room, hoping they make it through waivers and onto the PS.

TE: If we could find room for Simonson im surpised we couldnt find room for Lucas who hope makes it through waivers more than any other player we cut.

RB: Im still convinced we need a better option than Fozzy, this will be CAP's make it or break it year.

OL: Shuffling the deckchairs on depth, still a very shallow position. Convinced we need to upgrade next year.

DE: Delaire can consider himself a very very lucky boy. I like him but **** me he was terrible in that Baltimore game.

DT: Surprised we didnt find room to keep Love on the roster TBH.

LB: So many LB's but Mayo, Cash and Norris (who i can say i had never heard of until now, shame on me for not paying any attention whastoever to him during the preseason) will only be ST contributers you would imagine if we stay healthy this year.

DB: Happy enough with that group, was first a bit shocked we cut Sanchez but when looking over the roster we just have no room. Glad we kept Marlowe and McClain ahead of him at the end of the day. Teddy Williams will provide on ST.

Agree with most of these, especially Fozzy Delaire and a couple others. Glad no one claimed Garret on waivers and we have a nice looking practice squad. Love I would have liked to have kept but I'm real impressed with how Vernon Butler has come along he was a beast against Steelers. I'm excited about Cash I think he can be a play maker in our nickels.

Opened this thread hoping Wallace could be mentioned without being a dick about it.

Glad to be proven wrong.

Sorry for having a tiny fun at North's expense :$:rainbow: ...Harden up m8. I would have said exactly the same if he had come from my own team.

He was never going to make it coming from so far back unless he was a very special talent. Didnt even make our practice squad in the end.

Nervous and excited for this one! I am surprised that we are going into this one as favourites, new quarterback or not Denver are a pretty amazing team.

If we cant win this match we cant win the SB IMO. Will tell us a lot about the resolve of the group (especially the offense) tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back