Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Panthers hired Norv Turner as offensive coordinator.

Norv's son, Scott, will be the Panthers' new QBs coach, replacing Ken Dorsey. Norv's brother Ron and nephew Cameron were already on staff. A change was needed after Mike Shula's seven years either coaching quarterbacks or overseeing the offense — Cam Newton's entire career — but it would have been nice to see the Panthers go in a bolder direction. Turner has little experience with dual-threats, and his offense has typically featured deep quarterback dropbacks. Turner spent 2017 out of the league. For the Panthers' sake, we hope he spent it developing a system tailored to Newton's strengths.

Source: Tiffany Blackmon on Twitter

And before anyone asks why I brought it up. It's just over the past couple of years. LicoriceAllsorts intermittently gives the Panthers a sneaky jumper punch to the gut over sb50. I've normally let it go. But in the past week I've gone "Nup. Not anymore."

To be clear. My pov over sb50.

Did the Panthers get any crucial 50/50 ref calls? Nope.

Did the Broncos? **** yeah.

Should the Panthers have won despite the unfavorable ref calls? ...(drops shoulders)...Ye...Yes.

The Charlotte Observer reports South Carolina businessman Ben Navarro has emerged as the first serious candidate to buy the Panthers.

Navarro is "actively exploring" a bid. Per his Bloomberg profile, Navarro is the "Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Sherman Financial Group, LLC." He has previously worked for Citicorp and Goldman Sachs. It's a typical NFL owner's background.

Source: Charlotte Observe

NFL.com's Mike Garofolo reports "billionaire hedge fund manager" David Tepper has emerged as the "frontrunner" to buy the Panthers.

One of the richest men in the country, Tepper is currently a minority owner in the Steelers. He is the founder and president of Appaloosa Management, a "global hedge fund firm based in Miami Beach." Regardless of whether or not it's Tepper, someone extremely rich is going to buy the Panthers.

Source: NFL.com

Regardless of whether or not it's Tepper, someone extremely rich is going to buy the Panthers.

Thanks Mike Garofolo, id be lost without your insights on economics

The Charlotte Observer reports the Panthers could be sold for between $2.3-$2.8 billion.

The Observer reports "multiple deep-pocketed individuals are being mentioned as potential bidders." Various outlets have reported multiple billionaires as expressing interest. $2 billion is a good baseline for any NFL team. $2.3-$2.8B would be an extremely good number for Jerry Richardson and his minority owners, as well as a vote of confidence in the league's long-term health.

Source: Charlotte Observer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breeland to be officially announced as a Panther tomorrow, seems like a reasonably decent deal too with only 11 mil guaranteed over the 3 years.

Happy we got him at that price. :)

Lose Star and Norwell as anticipated, simply too much money being thrown at them, it is what it is. At least we have some guys on the roster who can fill their positions.

The Bills signing Star made me laugh, the Buffalo Panthers continue to grab as much of our ex staff and players as they can.

Good breakdown of Breeland's play in 2016, shows the good and the bad and what sort of player we can expect here;

The thing that wasnt touched on so much is Breeland ability to cause turnovers, 8 INTs and 7 forced fumbles over the past 4 years.

I really do like this signing, lots of Skins fans can't believe we got him so cheap either (hometown discount they saying). Physical corner who can man the slot also if need be. Huge upgrade from us trotting out Worley as a starter for sure.

It is a ripper signing when you look at the value we are getting. Now we've got 2 corners that are ready to role.

Now to find some safety help and a cheap RB.

Im still nervous about our receiving corp too. Would love if we selected a WR, S, DE and RB inside the first 4 rounds of the draft.

Im still nervous about our receiving corp too. Would love if we selected a WR, S, DE and RB inside the first 4 rounds of the draft.
Oh the WR Corp is poor. All our eyes are in the Curtis Samuel basket.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Oh the WR Corp is poor. All our eyes are in the Curtis Samuel basket.

If not this year in the draft it has to be next year, no way I'm re-signing Funchess to any similar money used on players in free agency today.

Happy to have Peppers back but I reckon paying a vet like him $5million a year is the reason why our roster has so many holes in it.

You won't get a player who got 11 sacks last year cheaper than that.

Im happy to wallpaper over the cracks for another year with Pep. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back