Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
The below tweet says a lot about our former owner...

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Yea, posted similar in the PreSeaon discussion thread this morning... what a self absorbed w***er.

Also, dont know if its just me, but Tepper seems like a ******* weirdo. I listened to his press conference this morning. The type of guy i wouldn't comfortable having my kids around. Dont know if its cause he's trying to hard to be a "sports guy" and he's really just a nerd. But he comes across really REALLY weird to me.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Greg Olsen wishes Kelvin Benjamin would just move on
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 6, 2018, 6:01 AM EDT
gettyimages-894288022.jpg

Getty Images

Panthers quarterback Cam Newton took the high road after some weekend jabs from former teammate Kelvin Benjamin, but Panthers tight end Greg Olsen thought they were just “weird.”

We enjoyed Kelvin. For the most part he was a good person to have around. Things didn’t work out here for him. I get it. I know what that’s like,” Olsen said, via Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer. “But you’d like to see him just kind of move forward to his team, embrace his new opportunity rather than go personal on it.

“I’ve been shipped off from another team, too. So I get it. At the same point I always knew there was probably more I could’ve done, at that point in my career. And tried to make those improvements the last eight years to do what I thought I was capable of.”

Benjamin took some shots at Newton’s accuracy and knowledge of the game, saying he’d have been better off never being picked by Carolina. After some up and down production and injuries (which caused him to miss Newton’s MVP season), he was traded to Carolina North last season.

Newton’s only comment was an understated Instagram post from a treadmill saying he was “just gonna work,” while Bills coach Sean McDermott has already scolded his wide receiver.

And Olsen’s the right guy to vouch for Newton’s ability. Before he was injured last year, Olsen had three straight 1,000-yard seasons, something no tight end had ever done. And he made it clear he coudn’t have done it without his quarterback.

“I’ve told him a lot he’s the best thing that’s ever happened to my career,” Olsen said. “Coming here, this has been the best eight years of my career, and obviously he’s a big part of that.

“As far as other people’s experiences, it’s hard to speak on how they feel. But I know my eight years with him and countless other guys who’ve played with him have benefited from playing with him.”

The Panthers will play the Bills Thursday in their preseason opener. Clearly, this war of words will whip the Panthers into the kind of righteous indignation and fury August has never known. Or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Shaq Thompson has been making plays all preseason for us, gets another pick today, saw him make a spectacular one handed pick vs Cam in training camp. Thomas Davis has been great but i honestly hope we dont intend to play him over Shaq again this year, its Shaq's time.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Rivera - "Williams injury wasn't a re-injury" ... maybe not the same part or even leg, but have these idiots ever heard of your body over compensating for previous or still recovering injury?

Rivera - "Olsen's injury (re; the foot) I'm not sure if its the same issue or not" .... of course its the same issue you idiot.

Training staff and doctors bringing this team down before the year has even started.

Lets hope Luke's was nothing or we are ****ed.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Better to have injuries now than later in the season. I assume it a great defensive performance? That should be encouraging?

It was an outrageous defensive performance truth be told, one of the best I've seen from us in ages. Kawaan Short and Poe were tremendous.

Should have won by more. CMac may have looked awesome in the preseason but wasn't close to that level today. CJ Anderson looked awesome, should have given him so many more carries (think he only got 4 or 5, embarrassing) . Hopefully thats an adjustment we do make in a hurry, especially in near the goal line.

Receivers are going to need to step up with Cam's target out for months yet again! :( (not confirmed but Olsen was in a moon boot and on crutches, same foot as last year)

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
"Outrageous defensive performance"

That's what I want to read!

We're not giving CJ Anderson any credit til we win the sb.

Ill still be a little concerned when we face a QB capable of throwing a 20 yard pass, not going to face a Dak'n'Dunk QBs every week :D

CJ rumbled hard up the middle for big gains, looked so much better than CMac in between the tackles. Still reckon we're dreaming making CMac our feature back. Perhaps with Olsen out we use him in the slot a bit more with CJ the back. Cam and him have a good connection in the passing game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back