Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
No idea what the * Rivera or however called for 2 was thinking. I mean i know Gano had missed a couple of puds but * me, just kick the PAT. Reckon we win overtime.

Defense had held Stafford in check for the most part. Kerryon Johnson was off injured. Detroits passing game was Golladay or bust. Cam was moving the ball fine for us.

Having said all that, s**t throw by Cam, shoulda hit Wright for the 2pt conversion.

Why would you risk it though? I can see that loss coming back to haunt us in week 17.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
giphy.gif

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
This team is toast. Probably been toast for a few seasons now TBH. Hanging on to players we should have moved on from a while ago out of loyalty.Its a cutthroat business, loyalty gets you nowhere.

Olsen, toast, dont care if he says he'll be right for next year or if Cam wants him back, can't keep carrying a guy who keeps getting injured. Been a warrior but time to move on.

Ryan Kalil, solid as always, but too many injuries for the pay he is on. Pretty sure he will retire anyway. (take your brother with you please)

Thomas Davis, loved him, but i feel he's one the players who has held us back the most, stunned Shaq Thompson's development, should have cut him two years ago.

Julius Peppers, Mike Adams, Captain Munnerlyn (******* joke you are), Devin Funchess (no way in hell I'm re-signing him) all gots to go.

Id happily trade a few other pieces for some fourth or fifth round picks. Defense is slow, need a major upgrade on speed, particularly at CB and DE.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Christian McCaffrey first player since 1985 with 50 yards rushing, receiving, passing
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 18, 2018, 10:06 AM EST
GettyImages-1074343148-e1545145582787.jpg

Getty Images

Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey did a little of everything on Monday night.

McCaffrey ran the ball 15 times for 53 yards, he caught eight passes for 67 yards, and he threw a 50-yard touchdown pass on a trick play.

That made McCaffrey the first player since Walter Payton with the 1985 Bears to have 50 or more yards rushing, receiving and passing all in the same game. Payton, who did it in the final regular-season game of that great Bears season, also threw a 50-yard pass, while running for 81 yards and catching four passes for 55 yards.

According to Pro Football Reference, the feat has only been accomplished four times since 1950. In addition to McCaffrey and Payton, the others to do it were Tom Tracy for the 1960 Steelers and Billy Ray Barnes for the 1958 Eagles.

This team is toast. Probably been toast for a few seasons now TBH. Hanging on to players we should have moved on from a while ago out of loyalty.Its a cutthroat business, loyalty gets you nowhere.

Olsen, toast, dont care if he says he'll be right for next year or if Cam wants him back, can't keep carrying a guy who keeps getting injured. Been a warrior but time to move on.

Ryan Kalil, solid as always, but too many injuries for the pay he is on. Pretty sure he will retire anyway. (take your brother with you please)

Thomas Davis, loved him, but i feel he's one the players who has held us back the most, stunned Shaq Thompson's development, should have cut him two years ago.

Julius Peppers, Mike Adams, Captain Munnerlyn (******* joke you are), Devin Funchess (no way in hell I'm re-signing him) all gots to go.

Id happily trade a few other pieces for some fourth or fifth round picks. Defense is slow, need a major upgrade on speed, particularly at CB and DE.

A really interesting off season coming up for us. I hope we keep Eric Reid on. Our Defense and Offensive Line has to be a priority this draft.

We have some really nice pieces on offense now so we can really make sure we solidify the Offensive Line and we'll be ok on that side of the ball.

If we bring back Funchess we're mad. I agree wholeheartedly on the clean out you've suggested.

Interesting times for Carolina. Here I was expecting our New owner to actually want to win. It seems like we're starting from the bottom. With a roster full of holes and a coaching staff who can't get this team to having winning seasons consistently it looks like a long few years a head. I could easily see us coming 4th in the Division next year.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Interesting times for Carolina. Here I was expecting our New owner to actually want to win. It seems like we're starting from the bottom. With a roster full of holes and a coaching staff who can't get this team to having winning seasons consistently it looks like a long few years a head. I could easily see us coming 4th in the Division next year.

Agree. O/Line D/Line and secondary need a s**t tone of work, far too much to get done in one offseason thats for sure.

Hey, at least we are coming off a losing season. Ron doesn't do consecutive playoff appearances, that means we are playoff team next year aren't we? ;)

Agree. O/Line D/Line and secondary need a s**t tone of work, far too much to get done in one offseason thats for sure.

Hey, at least we are coming off a losing season. Ron doesn't do consecutive playoff appearances, that means we are playoff team next year aren't we? ;)

That'd be a false dawn though wouldn't it. Might be better to sit Cam and get a really nice pick for the next draft. Seeing the back of Ron and Marty just needs to happen.

We've wasted the careers of some really good players with terrible drafting and general poor coaching and management .

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Athletic's Joseph Person reports the Panthers are considering a transition to a 3-4 base defense.

Ron Rivera coached a 4-3 front in Chicago and during each of his eight seasons with the Panthers, but he oversaw a 3-4 with the Chargers. In an increasingly nickel league, the "base" defense is no longer as important as it once was, but a change would affect the type of players the Panthers look for in free agency and the draft.

Source: The Athletic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Athletic's Joseph Person reports the Panthers are considering a transition to a 3-4 base defense.

Ron Rivera coached a 4-3 front in Chicago and during each of his eight seasons with the Panthers, but he oversaw a 3-4 with the Chargers. In an increasingly nickel league, the "base" defense is no longer as important as it once was, but a change would affect the type of players the Panthers look for in free agency and the draft.

Source: The Athletic

This is just Ron trying to save his job next year... Oh our defense was in a transition..... Missed Opportunities and all that s**t.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Let's hope he lasts a bit longer than CJ did...😏

Wonder if we are drafting a LT or if the coaching staff wants to give Taylor Moton a shot, I thought he did a pretty good job at RT last year for a guy who had never played tackle before.

If so, pass rushers in the two of the first three rounds please.

Let's hope he lasts a bit longer than CJ did...😏

Wonder if we are drafting a LT or if the coaching staff wants to give Taylor Moton a shot, I thought he did a pretty good job at RT last year for a guy who had never played tackle before.

If so, pass rushers in the two of the first three rounds please.

I think we have to go DE in the first and then get some O-Line help in the 2nd round. Putting Moton to LT works for me. Line looks solid if we can find a cheap LG or draft one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back