Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Christian McCaffrey is bigger, faster, stronger than a year ago
Posted by Charean Williams on May 14, 2019, 5:04 PM EDT
pft-26-e1557867837253.jpg

Carolina Panthers via Twitter
The Panthers recently tweeted out a workout photo of Christian McCaffreyshowing the running back’s bulging biceps.
McCaffrey doesn’t look the same — or feel the same — as a year ago. He looks bigger and feels better.
I’m way stronger than I was last year,” McCaffrey said, via David Newton of ESPN. “The faster I can get, the better as well. You can always get bigger, faster, stronger.
“I don’t have any choice. I have to.”
McCaffrey used a workout program for elite track athletes and focused his nutrition on decreasing body fat and building bulk. McCaffrey’s personal trainer, Brian Kula, told Newton that his methods are “unique and somewhat outside the box of standard performance training.”
McCaffrey’s day ends with massage, chiropractic work and sometimes sessions in the pool or sauna.
“Somebody has eyes on me all the time,” said McCaffrey, whom the team listed at 205 pounds in 2018. “My training is very specific to my sport, so it’s a lot of fast, explosive movements. It’s very pertinent to exactly what I do on the football field, which is fast burst in short spaces. Every once in a while, I’ll get in the top end.”
McCaffrey, the eighth overall choice in 2017, came up only 133 rushing yards short of joining Roger Craig and Marshall Faulk as the only players in NFL history with 1,000 yards rushing and receiving in the same season.

Gerald McCoy visiting tomorrow.... god damn, if Hurney pulls this one off it will be an incredible off-season on a limited budget for us.

McCoy and KK working inside in a 3-4 would be deadly.

Gerald McCoy visiting tomorrow.... god damn, if Hurney pulls this one off it will be an incredible off-season on a limited budget for us.

McCoy and KK working inside in a 3-4 would be deadly.

That'd be ideal and if we don't get him we can still use our cap space to beef up the Safety position

Say what you want about Jake, but he was a hell of an intense competitor, not many QBs outplay Brady in the second half of Superbowl, but he did, * John Kasay and his oof kick off. Good to see him get some recognition, Tepper is expanding yet bringing this franchise back together at the same time. Its great to see.

I knew McCoy wasnt telling the truth when he said he didn't care what the Bucs did at his introductory press conference, nice to see him open up here and admit he was pissed:

Wasn't a big fan of Boston when he was with us last, going for too many big hits rather than wrapping up players in a tackle or breaking up a pass. Seems to have improved his game tho the past two years, and god knows we needed an upgrade at FS. Happy enough to have him back.

Wasn't a big fan of Boston when he was with us last, going for too many big hits rather than wrapping up players in a tackle or breaking up a pass. Seems to have improved his game tho the past two years, and god knows we needed an upgrade at FS. Happy enough to have him back.

Our defence looks pretty good on paper this year. Should get good pressure up front. Very keen to see how they translate to a 3-4 defence.

This is actually a really good vid..the Panthers media team has put out some really good stuff lately, feel as tho Tepper has def put more funding into it than JR did.

Highlights: Cam's overall get up smh...god damn, each day he gets closer and closer to Maguatu fashion sense in Zoolander. 😂

Brian Burns' Denzel Washington impersonation from Training Day...👌

I know it's only early but god help us if Cam gets injured....hate to say it but Grier ******* stinks, staring down recievers, gives up on his progressions and goes into panic mode if his first look isnt on, looks like Blaine Gabbert out there honestly. Smh.

Back