Caroline Wilson hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Say what you like about her appearance etc.

I respect her views more than Damien Barrett. (which isn't saying much I know)

Her hatred of us is bred into her from her father Kevin "bloody " Wilson has was Pres of Richmond.

KB ( 1974 Brownlow runner-up)
" "I was favourite to win, but they (the League) shuffled the votes and I lost and that aggravated Wilson and Schwab. They took it as a slur on Richmond and were pretty outspoken and called it a disgrace. But I never thought that,” Bartlett said.

Her hatred of us is bred into her from her father Kevin "bloody " Wilson has was Pres of Richmond.

KB ( 1974 Brownlow runner-up)
" "I was favourite to win, but they (the League) shuffled the votes and I lost and that aggravated Wilson and Schwab. They took it as a slur on Richmond and were pretty outspoken and called it a disgrace. But I never thought that,” Bartlett said.
I remember this well. The most diplomatic I can be is to say it was unedifying from those Richmond people...but not surprising if you are too young to remember. Ian Wilson, Graeme Richmond et al were obnoxious during the 70s. They were bullies and had an obsession with raiding players from other often weaker clubs (Google John Pitura as an example) and had a sense of entitlement about them. Sound familiar? The club had done nothing of note from 1943 until 1967 and their golden run under Hafey, but entitled they were. KB was the only Richmond person of note at the 1974 Brownlow to carry himself with any dignity. Good on him. Sadly we were unable to do the job on Grand Final Day. However, the next year we knocked them out in the Prelim (Greig starred) on our way to glory and repeated the dose in the 1977 Semi. The wheel always turns comrades.

I remember this well. The most diplomatic I can be is to say it was unedifying from those Richmond people...but not surprising if you are too young to remember. Ian Wilson, Graeme Richmond et al were obnoxious during the 70s. They were bullies and had an obsession with raiding players from other often weaker clubs (Google John Pitura as an example) and had a sense of entitlement about them. Sound familiar? The club had done nothing of note from 1943 until 1967 and their golden run under Hafey, but entitled they were. KB was the only Richmond person of note at the 1974 Brownlow to carry himself with any dignity. Good on him. Sadly we were unable to do the job on Grand Final Day. However, the next year we knocked them out in the Prelim (Greig starred) on our way to glory and repeated the dose in the 1977 Semi. The wheel always turns comrades.

Remember my old man giving Royce Hart a gobful in that '77 first semi out at Waverly, as you know Bertie Royce's last game.
Tiger fans around us not happy 🤣

Yeah and not as though he lost by a vote. KB finished third 5 votes behind Greig. My brother hates Richmond and I spoke to him before the GF and he said “ can’t believe people have forgotten what a-holes their supporters are”. I remember their save our skins tin rally and outside the MCG this very attractive young woman was approached us rattling the tin and smiling my brother said “ f... off!” , the look on her face was priceless ,don’t think she’d been knocked back for anything ever!

Good job Bertie, you should post more often. And a great point you raise, we tend to remember the GF's and we all can recall which we've won and lost. But things like payback the following year in the 75 prelim tend to slip from our memories.

Glad Grieg killed it too.

Passmore - Dear Lord Micky I went hunting for 75 prelim on the tubes and all as I found was Lounders debut game against us- in its entirety😱. Crikey I wonder whether I can stomach a peak 🤦‍♂️

Good job Bertie, you should post more often. And a great point you raise, we tend to remember the GF's and we all can recall which we've won and lost. But things like payback the following year in the 75 prelim tend to slip from our memories.

Glad Grieg killed it too.

Passmore - Dear Lord Micky I went hunting for 75 prelim on the tubes and all as I found was Lounders debut game against us- in its entirety😱. Crikey I wonder whether I can stomach a peak 🤦‍♂️

Very hard to find North non G.F. and Prelim.
vision from the '70's TAO.
Good ones would be;
'74 prelim v Haw.
'75 qual v Carl
'77 first semi v Rich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back