Caroline Wilson hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately, one of the biggest signs that North is at a low ebb is when Caro becomes a major topic of conversation around here. Letā€™s hope Brady and Rhyce can deliver. Otherwise, things can only get worse.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So Wilson was at it again today. Big pile on with Lloydy claiming North will strip away all senior player experience and destroy the kids. Wilson ups the ante and says its time for relocation. Then Tim Lane joined in and said North has no relevance in Tasmania. Leigh Mathews did not enter that conversation. Caro was bred to hate North. her old man made sure of that, Richmond, the club that rejected the legitamacy of Keith Grieg's Brownlow medal. Cant stand that mob.

Look, I get she has reported against the roos over the years, and like most AFL media people she deserves a bit of abuse. Even so, a lot of the time, I can read her articles with an open mind, and usually I can see her point.

That being said, the sexist stuff should stop.

That's all I'm saying.
* her

Lol, tells me it's a questionable post then makes a post that's even more questionable.
Now wait just a minute ... that isn't the order those things happened in. He actually mad early the(allegedly) more questionable post then told you yours was questionable.

How can I believe anything you say if you can't get basic things like that right?

Who are you? Dan Andrews?

So Wilson was at it again today. Big pile on with Lloydy claiming North will strip away all senior player experience and destroy the kids. Wilson ups the ante and says its time for relocation. Then Tim Lane joined in and said North has no relevance in Tasmania. Leigh Mathews did not enter that conversation. Caro was bred to hate North. her old man made sure of that, Richmond, the club that rejected the legitamacy of Keith Grieg's Brownlow medal. Cant stand that mob.

1601126560566.png

Yes, but donā€™t get personal with her. * that. The steaming pile of excretment continues to wage a personal war against my footy club.When anyone challenges it, the thing plays the gender card.

Dunno if itā€™s just me losing interest in anything not in my immediate sphere, but does it seem like she and other shills carry far less weight in the broader footy community these days.

Havenā€™t watched or really heard of Footy Classified except for the occasional twitter response in the last 2 years.

Sunday Footy Show? Yeah ok...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fair enough, it's just the constant commentary about her looks that's just immature and not necessary.

It's been going on for years.
That I agree with. The personal insults are stupid and futile anyway. Its not going to change anything. I respect that she has an opinion, I just dont agree with it. Its not the first time and probably wont be the last.

I respect how hard she has had to work to have a media voice in the football industry as a woman. I respect that she found aspects of football that no-one else was writing or talking about and made them her speciality. I admired her dogged pursuit of * over the drug thing when I know the AFL was trying to make it go away. I am glad she made it possible for other women (who i think are better) to succeed in footy media.

I also resent her obsession with North and I will never forgive her active campaigning for the death of our club leading up to and during 2007. I thought she had issues with Carey and Bradshaw but it turns out itā€™s really the club she dislikes and takes the opportunity to attack any time she can.

I understand any North supporter wanting to express resentment given what she has done and still does to bring the NMFC down (even if fewer people are listening or watching now).

But - and I donā€™t speak for all women, just myself - when the attacks on her are gendered, they feel like an attack on women in general. They undermine my regard for the poster and worst of all they put me on her side. Please donā€™t do that.

She backed the wrong horse in ā€˜07 and she hated the taste of that humble pie. She now sees herself as playing some sort of long game whereby sheā€™ll get rid of us from Melbourne or forever and be proven right. Arrogant twat(think thatā€™s non gender specific)

She backed the wrong horse in ā€˜07 and she hated the taste of that humble pie.
This, this, this, this, this and, for the avoidance of doubt, THIS.

She actively pushed the narrative that our move to the Gold Coast was a done deal in the hope that perception would morph into reality. This was an unconcionably partisan stance for a senior writer at a large circulation (in 2007 anyway) news outlet. Our club was facing the biggest existential threat in its history and she was at the front of the mob with her pitchfork and torch.

However, she neglected to take into account the resolve and fighting spirit of the true North believers. As a result, she was made to look like a dill and has sniped from the sidelines ever since.
But - and I donā€™t speak for all women, just myself - when the attacks on her are gendered, they feel like an attack on women in general. They undermine my regard for the poster and worst of all they put me on her side. Please donā€™t do that.
Spot on H2h. Gender based attacks are not only lazy but also cede Caro the richly undeserved high ground.

What really annoys me is that she invents stuff like ā€œpeople around the league want north to relocate ā€œ it gets refuted and she doubles down.

The biggest problem is that she puts it out there and it then gets taken as fact and creates the narrative.

Even her latest diatribe there is plenty to criticise about norths season and she can only put forward some wishy washy ā€œidentityā€ argument

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back