Caroline Wilson renews push for Hird sacking

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta luv Caro sometimes :)

Caro's not often wrong.

I actually think that this whole fiasco has shown that Caro really shouldn't be wasting her talents on writing about football, but credit to the womans love for the code that she decided to stay put in the boys club world of AFL.

She could be working for a credible newspaper OS.

Her reporting of this has been nothing short of outstanding and showed the real big gulf between real journalism from the old school days that caro comes from to the modern day twitter copy and paste school of journalism of the melb afl fourth estate.

Anyway I have always liked her articles, even when she has reported something about the swans. She always manages to ruffle feathers because she goes head on regardless.

@fogdog_79: Ok, so I emailed the person I was referring to last night and attached the facts. I have given them till the end of the week to respond.

So did he get a response?

I actually think that this whole fiasco has shown that Caro really shouldn't be wasting her talents on writing about football, but credit to the womans love for the code that she decided to stay put in the boys club world of AFL.

She could be working for a credible newspaper OS.

Her reporting of this has been nothing short of outstanding and showed the real big gulf between real journalism from the old school days that caro comes from to the modern day twitter copy and paste school of journalism of the melb afl fourth estate.

Anyway I have always liked her articles, even when she has reported something about the swans. She always manages to ruffle feathers because she goes head on regardless.

You do realise that the AFL feeds her the leads, don't you? She's the AFL's attack dog.

Oh, and I'll start believing in her journalistic cred when she puts a spotlight on Richmond - a subject she goes pretty quiet about while she slams any other club she can smell blood on.

You do realise that the AFL feeds her the leads, don't you? She's the AFL's attack dog.

Oh, and I'll start believing in her journalistic cred when she puts a spotlight on Richmond - a subject she goes pretty quiet about while she slams any other club she can smell blood on.
Has she been right or not? That's what her cred relies on - not the unilateral attacking of all clubs.

Can you post your proof for all to see?

And she knows where to get her info and she is almost always right, gets it wrong but what journo has a 100% strike rate?

I am lol at all the fused carodrew pics! :D

Essendon have had plenty of media dripping, leaking and chanting their cause.

Has she been right or not? That's what her cred relies on - not the unilateral attacking of all clubs.

Cred is breaking a story regardless of bias. She doesn't do that. And she's right because she's a tool of the AFL in cases like this. A useful idiot, one might say.

And watch what happens when she does get it wrong: the next day she'll write a story 180 to the last one, and the last one will undergo a major online edit so as to remove the more embarrassing snafu's.

She's a vindictive, bias gossip monger with good sources, and some Newspeak abilities when they fail her. That doesn't make her anything special in my eyes.

Cred is breaking a story regardless of bias. She doesn't do that. And she's right because she's a tool of the AFL in cases like this. A useful idiot, one might say.

And watch what happens when she does get it wrong: the next day she'll write a story 180 to the last one, and the last one will undergo a major online edit so as to remove the more embarrassing snafu's.

She's a vindictive, bias gossip monger with good sources, and some Newspeak abilities when they fail her. That doesn't make her anything special in my eyes.
So let me get this straight:
She's just a tool for the AFL, yet manages to be free thinking enough to earn the description 'vindictive'
She has no cred despite printing 6 months of truth
When she's wrong she redirects her story instead of maintaining the wrong one, and that's a bad thing?
And she's a journo with good sources and that's not anything special?

That's crazy talk.

I'll concede she doesn't write anything bad about Richmond - but she would look pretty stupid right now if she was writing stories about the tigers while James Hird is suing the league via the Supreme Court and the league have just detailed the most severe charges in the history of the sport.

My view - Caro details stories and truth that people would prefer not to hear. That's what makes her a good journo - she goes where others fear to tread and she goes hard when she knows she is right.

So let me get this straight:
She's just a tool for the AFL, yet manages to be free thinking enough to earn the description 'vindictive'
She has no cred despite printing 6 months of truth
When she's wrong she redirects her story instead of maintaining the wrong one, and that's a bad thing?
And she's a journo with good sources and that's not anything special?

That's crazy talk.

I'll concede she doesn't write anything bad about Richmond - but she would look pretty stupid right now if she was writing stories about the tigers while James Hird is suing the league via the Supreme Court and the league have just detailed the most severe charges in the history of the sport.

My view - Caro details stories and truth that people would prefer not to hear. That's what makes her a good journo - she goes where others fear to tread and she goes hard when she knows she is right.

Pick they eyes out of what I said all you want, but I stand by it. I saw enough of her s**t during the tanking investigation. She is given info that paints the AFL's propaganda in the light it wants. If she edits a story from a week ago there is no mention of the screw up. She has mean spirited hate as a starting point - except about her pet interests. And she looks like a moron when she gets onto a subject that she isn't spoon fed. She's the Fox News of footy.

Your second paragraph is just stupid. Why would she go Richmond now? The time was when Martin was screwing up last year but I'm still waiting for the same venom on that one that she gave Swan earlier this year. But Martin plays for the Tiggers doesn't he?

But love away, mate. It's people like you that pay her bills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was quoted as saying he "kept a very tight inventory" on the stuff he gave the players (undoubtedly true), and that he left those records on "the Essendon intranet". (And I still have visions of Essendon's IT guy crying: "Oh NOES! He saved them WHERE?!?" *facepalm*).

The one sure way to hide something forever is to put it on a corporate intranet

Caro's slagged the club plenty of times. This one makes interesting reading.

Punt Road woes compound suffering
THE Richmond Football Club, having again sunk to the bottom of the AFL ladder and looking entrenched there, is facing another crisis.
While Essendon CEO Ian Robson made headlines this week by threatening to relocate the club away from Windy Hill, the Bombers are close to a deal with their cricket club. And it seems inconceivable that the picturesque adjoining lawn bowls establishment at Essendon will withstand the pressure of one of the country's most powerful clubs.

But the Tigers, long criticised for dwelling in the VFL while the rest of the competition went national, are mired in a thicket of bureaucracy dating back decades.
Richmond is now one of three AFL clubs being strangled by its own history.
So once again, the Tigers have been left behind and, despite their multimillion-dollar redevelopment due for completion by the start of summer and a smart new second home at Craigieburn, seem unlikely to be training unencumbered at their geographically appealing headquarters for several years to come.

Admittedly she's displayed bias in the past couple of years as the club finally gets it together, but it's been basically open slather for the media on Richmond for three decades.

Caro was right. We were right. And all the hard core essendon posters saying black was white ad infinitum

WERE WRONG.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Been waiting seven months to say that.

Great stuff by Caro.

I can't help but feel that Baker and McKenzie have more to come though.
yeah same. I don't think we have heard the really good dirt yet.

There is still the potential criminal aspect to all this. The ACC weren't tapping phones months on end and runmaging through rubbish hoppers for nothing.

I think it helped Caro that she is not shy at going hard at anyone. She got good info from baker/mckenzie, saw the bleeding obvious and went hard at Hird for last 6 months unlike others who just don't have the guts (read Garry Lyon, Andy w***er Maher etc)

Serious question needs to be asked of EFC board. Evans saw the bleeding obvious but hird knifed him. Tool named Little ruined whatever goodwill was remaining of Essendon.

There is still the potential criminal aspect to all this. The ACC weren't tapping phones months on end and runmaging through rubbish hoppers for nothing.

It may have been for nothing.

The AFP have had the ACC's "evidence" for a year now.

What have they done?

Nothing.

I mean seriously - nothing.

They had already binned the ACC report by the time the "blackest day in Australian sport" media event was held.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back