Caroline Wilson renews push for Hird sacking

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it helped Caro that she is not shy at going hard at anyone. She got good info from baker/mckenzie, saw the bleeding obvious and went hard at Hird for last 6 months unlike others who just don't have the guts (read Garry Lyon, Andy ****** Maher etc)

Caro was also used by the AFL to run a massive PR campaign against Essendon.

IN the end, as the charge sheet was whittled down to nothing - what do we end up with?

It may have been for nothing.

The AFP have had the ACC's "evidence" for a year now.

What have they done?

Nothing.

I mean seriously - nothing.

They had already binned the ACC report by the time the "blackest day in Australian sport" media event was held.
uuummm don't think so
evidence from this phone tapping has led to major importation busts in the last 8 months
afp , don't run around waving telephone transcripts in the media and shouting
THIS IS HOW WE FOUND OUT ABOUT OTHER IMPORTERS
quietly does it in the "old gotcha game"

uuummm don't think so
evidence from this phone tapping has led to major importation busts in the last 8 months
afp , don't run around waving telephone transcripts in the media and shouting
THIS IS HOW WE FOUND OUT ABOUT OTHER IMPORTERS
quietly does it in the "old gotcha game"

quietly does it?
The cops love showing off their heists.

The problem with the ACC report is that much of it (even close to all of it) was outside of its charter, and there was bugger all there for the AFP to act on.

What do have at the end of it all? Some mickey mouse disrepute charges.

What have they done?

Nothing.

They had already binned the ACC report by the time the "blackest day in Australian sport" media event was held.

they are building a case, sir. ASADA only just got the extra powers 3 weeks ago. Patience my good man.

quietly does it?
The cops love showing off their heists.

The problem with the ACC report is that much of it (even close to all of it) was outside of its charter, and there was bugger all there for the AFP to act on.

What do have at the end of it all? Some mickey mouse disrepute charges.
There's a huge amount of area between showing off a heist, and telling everyone where you got the inside info for the heist.

Kero has failed to realise that the Golden Boy is now bigger than the game itself and will return MacArthur like to Windy Hill late in 2014 as if nothing has happened.
Hird has been given the keys to the Kingdom and no one at Essendon will ever take them away from him. Kero is fighting a losing battle here.

yeah same. I don't think we have heard the really good dirt yet.

There is still the potential criminal aspect to all this. The ACC weren't tapping phones months on end and runmaging through rubbish hoppers for nothing.

There are book deals being negotioated as we speak...

There's a huge amount of area between showing off a heist, and telling everyone where you got the inside info for the heist.
thought I sort of made that clear,now realise I was try to tell BSE,
the importation hauls have been 60% up in the last 8 months
this is not luck,its information derived from acc phone taps
don't tell BSE,it will take 143 posts for him to understand
and im to busy to go tate r tate with him

Kero has failed to realise that the Golden Boy is now bigger than the game itself and will return MacArthur like to Windy Hill late in 2014 as if nothing has happened.
Hird has been given the keys to the Kingdom and no one at Essendon will ever take them away from him. Kero is fighting a losing battle here.

The parallels are uncanny. MacArthur was as bent as a pretzel, a waster of men's lives, a committed liar, incompetent at his job, and an inveterate self-publicist, who is adored by the unthinking, unknowing American public till this day. The only thing Hird hasn't done that MacArthur did, was to order and oversee the murder of protesters. Not too late for this though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The parallels are uncanny. MacArthur was as bent as a pretzel, a waster of men's lives, a committed liar, incompetent at his job, and an inveterate self-publicist, who is adored by the unthinking, unknowing American public till this day. The only thing Hird hasn't done that MacArthur did, was to order and oversee the murder of protesters. Not too late for this though.
MacArthur was once remarked as being the "American Caesar". It looks like Hird will be wearing Caesar's laurel wreath for some time to come upon his return. Much to Kero's chagrin.

Didn't want to start a new thread so i'll put this in here, what happens if Hird is caught flouting his ban, fair chance of that i'd say, as he was at training on monday night wearing jeans, btw which did look odd, yet when the punishment was handed down it was backdated past that date, might've even included Saturday nights game, it's not a stretch to suggest he will re-offend, but what will happen, does Vlad have the stones to punish him further?

Didn't want to start a new thread so i'll put this in here, what happens if Hird is caught flouting his ban, fair chance of that i'd say, as he was at training on monday night wearing jeans, btw which did look odd, yet when the punishment was handed down it was backdated past that date, might've even included Saturday nights game, it's not a stretch to suggest he will re-offend, but what will happen, does Vlad have the stones to punish him further?

Maybe.

Another question is will ASADA make any findings against Essendon officials in its upcoming report?

Stand up and cheer.

Fantastic stuff. She's been brilliant.

She owned Bomber last too. When he tried to intimidate, not an eyelid was batted. Fearless.

Huge respect.
Big thing I took out of last night was just how strong she is under a pressure interview; did not back down at all and Bomber was left to turn to Lloyd for help.

What have they done?

Nothing.

but but but....

i got nothing:oops:

If Hird continues to maintain that he has done nothing wrong, what is there to prevent him from instituting a similar program at a later date? It certainly wouldn't be a sense of what is ethical, nor it seems, would a concern for the welfare of his players.

Getting the vibe tonight from Thompson he personally is distancing himself from Hird and might be coaching them next season.

Wow. That's some vibe. I don't think you could have got it more wrong but you're allowed your opinion.

I thought Bomber was very strong and emphatic. Haven't seen him fire up like that really since "all of you!" Put in a very convincing defends of his and their innocence I thought.

LOL... what are you on?

Post your apologies here kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back