Opinion Caroline Wilson

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never liked Caroline Wilson, and I thought this whole thing was a beat up. That opinion was absolutely informed by my opinion of her. Don't agree with a lot of what she says but I'll put my hand up and say "nice work" here.

Also lol hawks

‘she was close in saying something was going on.
Watching that video again, why is all this credited to Carolyn Wilson, seems like all 4 commentators and others like Matthews were united that Clarkson was most likely to go. She may have been right this time, but so was everyone. But no "I believe that Clarkson etc ..... the high ground. Why can't she just join in the conversation without making it about herself.

I doubt Kennett leaked anything to Caro. He clearly seemed upset that Caro broke the story a few days ago, and the term 'clean air' would have been stuck in his mind when he blurted it out during the presser today. You're spot on about him lying though.

Kennett wouldn't have directly leaked the story to Wilson as that would be professional suicide for him if that ever was ever disclosed.
Could he have manufactured a situation where he ensured the information got out to the media to achieve an objective, absolutely.
A man of Kennett's achievements whether it be politics, business or football which is a business of its own would know how to work the media system to get things done.
Maybe he disclosed information from the meeting to a person that he knew was going to go to the media?
Maybe there were 'minutes' taken from the meeting and that information found its way to Wilson in some capacity?
Maybe he confided to a colleague/friend from another football club to seek some professional guidance about the situation and in doing so knew that person would get the information to the media somehow as it's in their best interests for Clarkson to be available as coach in the near future?
One things for certain, Caroline Wilson will never give up her source, I'm intrigued to see what develops in the coming days, weeks, months and next year.

I hope the members revolt and have Mitchell sacked too.

fu** him. He lied and they now blame the players for forcing it to happen.

Gutless campaigner.

Why are you saying Mitchell lied? Maybe he was telling the truth?

It’s not hard to imagine a scenario where Caro was telling the truth, Mitchell was telling the truth …

… especially when you see Clarko sailing off into the sunset with a sack of cash?

I still reckon there was still a lot of guess work. Week 1 she was 100% about Clarko going and probably coaching Carlton. Week 2 she goes down to 50/50 chance. Then claims victory today. Look she gets the last laugh, but she definitely wasn't exactly confident all the way through. Also the "Clarko vs Mitchell" was definitely more dramatised, hence why Mitchell was annoyed.

She probably softened her stance a touch to try and lessen all the hate and bile coming her way from the 'boys club' and general public.

The reaction from a number of commentators in the footy industry was ridiculous.

She probably softened her stance a touch to try and lessen all the hate and bile coming her way from the 'boys club' and general public.

The reaction from a number of commentators in the footy industry was ridiculous.

Clarko gave a "heartfelt" monologue about life, death and hardship and then stared down the barrel and said he wasn't going anywhere. It seemed extremely genuine. That is probably why Caro started questioning what she knew to be true. Clarkson played the dopey media, the public and even his old "mates" who's kids share educational facilities for fools.

Why are you saying Mitchell lied? Maybe he was telling the truth?

It’s not hard to imagine a scenario where Caro was telling the truth, Mitchell was telling the truth …

… especially when you see Clarko sailing off into the sunset with a sack of cash?

They couldnt wait 1 week to decide it wasnt working. The story was they were trying to push Clarko out without having to pay him out. He was digging in.

1 week later we get told the players simply cant cope with it as it was so very confusing. Then Clarko goes with full pay.

Kennett and Mitchell ****ed this up so badly and have lied to the media but more importantly they lied to members.

They had champion former players defending them and now they are furious. This is as bad as it was in the 90s when the board wanted to destroy the club and the members revolted.

We need Dunstall to be the Don Scott and spill the board.

I watched First Crack last night with Dixon, Mooney and Dal Santo. It was spoken about but not in any real depth, no contrition from Dixon, he spoke as if his diatribe last week never happened and the other two didn't want to upset their mate so never brought it up.

Pissweak.

They couldnt wait 1 week to decide it wasnt working. The story was they were trying to push Clarko out without having to pay him out. He was digging in.

1 week later we get told the players simply cant cope with it as it was so very confusing. Then Clarko goes with full pay.

Kennett and Mitchell f’ed this up so badly and have lied to the media but more importantly they lied to members.

They had champion former players defending them and now they are furious. This is as bad as it was in the 90s when the board wanted to destroy the club and the members revolted.

We need Dunstall to be the Don Scott and spill the board.

Lol. You now have a s**t list that needs regeneration, a new coach and a new philosophy. Clakson had a great run, but his time was clearly up. You are being way over dramatic here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said, maybe Mitchell was telling the truth? Maybe he was happy to stick around and be understudy for a year?

Maybe Clarkson and his manager simply engineered an exit where he gets paid out in full?

The fact that Hawthorn was leaking like a sieve is a fair indication is that all was not what it seemed.

Kennett and Mitchell f’ed this up so badly and have lied to the media but more importantly they lied to members.

Regardless of the specifics of what actually happened …

… Kennett and Mitchell’s biggest crime was to make people look like fools (including many members, no doubt). People don’t like to be made to look like fools.

Like I said, maybe Mitchell was telling the truth? Maybe he was happy to stick around and be understudy for a year?

Maybe Clarkson and his manager simply engineered an exit where he gets paid out in full?

The fact that Hawthorn was leaking like a sieve is a fair indication is that all was not what it seemed.

Regardless of the specifics of what actually happened …

… Kennett and Mitchell’s biggest crime was to make people look like fools (including many members, no doubt). People don’t like to be made to look like fools.

If Mitchell really wanted that he would have told the players Clarko is the boss and he is running Box Hill. He wanted confusion to force the board to sack Clarko.

It lasted 1 week. They didnt even give it a single chance.

If Mitchell really wanted that he would have told the players Clarko is the boss and he is running Box Hill.

Maybe he did?

He wanted confusion to force the board to sack Clarko.

Maybe it was Clarko who sowed confusion to force the board to sack Clarko?

Maybe he did?

Maybe it was Clarko who sowed confusion to force the board to sack Clarko?

Kennett blamed the players for saying it was all too confusing. They didnt know who was boss. They couldnt wait 1 more week before it would be too hard to keep going.

4 weeks out from the end of the year when we are 17th.

Sounds believable eh ?

Couldnt make it to the end of year when the players get 8 or 12 weeks off and Clarko and Mitchell had clean air to set plans up properly.

Couldnt make it to the end of year when the players get 8 or 12 weeks off and Clarko and Mitchell had clean air to set plans up properly.

Like I said, you’re assuming that Clarko wanted to stick around? You’re assuming Clarko wanted to clear the air? You’re assuming Clarko wanted to set up plans properly?

Let’s look at the cold hard facts: Clarko will be leaving Hawthorn in around a month’s time as a legendary coach of the club and much loved figure. He will have one year of full payout and will be free to do whatever he damn well pleases in 2022. He won’t be burdened spending 2022 coaching the team that is currently 17th, a team he has zero chance of coaching beyond 2022. He hasn’t had a proper career break in around 2 decades at Hawks and Port.

You have to admit, it’s all working out rather nicely for Clarko, isn’t it?

Like I said, you’re assuming that Clarko wanted to stick around? You’re assuming Clarko wanted to clear the air? You’re assuming Clarko wanted to set up plans properly?

Let’s look at the cold hard facts: Clarko will be leaving Hawthorn in around a month’s time as a legendary coach of the club and much loved figure. He will have one year of full payout and will be free to do whatever he damn well pleases in 2022. He won’t be burdened spending 2022 coaching the team that is currently 17th, a team he has zero chance of coaching beyond 2022. He hasn’t had a proper career break in around 2 decades at Hawks and Port.

You have to admit, it’s all working out rather nicely for Clarko, isn’t it?

I think they are all tainted and have all told lies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back