Opinion Caroline Wilson

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t argue with that. If only Eddie would STFU and let others express their opinions without interrupting. Like Kevin Rudd and Malcolm Turnbull he thinks he’s the smartest person in the room. Huge ego.
Yep. He can't stop defending his presidency - even though he stepped down 2 months ago. He just can't let any comment about Collingwood go through to the keeper. I can't stand his "let me just say this..." after which 10 minutes of impassioned ranting that nobody asked for ensues. His ego is on a cosmic scale. He also can't face becoming irrelevant.

Caro is hated because she flat out lies and makes up crap but then plays the gender card when called out for her bullshit.

Got nothing to do with her "asking hard questions".

Can you give me some examples of when she has done this?

She is still one of the better journalists on that god awful footy on nine panel.

The fact that the AFL media are automatically more critical towards her purely because she's a female journalist is completely ridiculous when you consider this is the same news panel with a Racist Eddie Mcguire, Mr. stick-up-his-ass Tony Jones, and the know-it-all Damian Barrett. It just goes to show how horribly close-minded social media remains to be sometimes.

Last edited:
Caro never bothered me much. She carved out her own niche reporting on back room machinations, which not every footy fan is interested in. Get the feeling that she may not have as many loose-lipped sources nowadays, and that she has started sampling her own bathwater on Classified.

Caro is kind of past her used by date. But the real issue is the show itself and the campaigner that runs it.

Footy Classified has become the McGuire Soapbox Collingwood Good Time Hour

Wednesday Night was painful viewing

Inexplicably, Demetriou was on the Show. Well inexplicably, if you couldn't see through Eddie's agenda. Clearly Ed just showing off he still is connected and buddies with the former Big Kahuna, but it was also to show, that just like Eddie, these powerful men of Victorian Football are just good family men who've made a simple error, but are really great guys. Vomit inducing.

Then it was all about spruiking Mark Mentha, clearly Eddie's appointment. Eddie without saying it, but clearly saying it, showing off just who's in charge at Collingwood still. Talked himself up by saying there were 90 applications for his job, referred to himself as a "Big Scalp" and then discouraged what it seems like many,many despondent Collingwood supporters from their member rights of calling for an EGM.

Casually drops lines like "when I was talking to Gill today" to push his power and further his narratives. Referred to Collingwood as the "Powerhouse of Australian Sport". In fact I'm sure he mentioned Collingwood at least 20 times during the show. A club currently sitting 16th.

The guy is a ******* dangerous embarrassment. He is the embodiment of corruption within the AFL. He needs to be muzzled....permanently.

Papa, sometimes you say some really weird s**t.

This is not one of those times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't know she was a Richmond supporter up until a few year ago. Always felt like she laid the boots into Richmond while we were down (which makes more sense in hindsight) but I appreciate that she goes harder at targets more than most of her peers. She does seem to cop a lot, I'm not sure how much is warranted though.

Can't say I'm a huge fan though. She's not an engaging personality personally, but provides value regardless.

Anyway, what happened? She get kicked off FC?

Didn't know she was a Richmond supporter up until a few year ago. Always felt like she laid the boots into Richmond while we were down (which makes more sense in hindsight) but I appreciate that she goes harder at targets more than most of her peers. She does seem to cop a lot, I'm not sure how much is warranted though.

Can't say I'm a huge fan though. She's not an engaging personality personally, but provides value regardless.

Not sure.
But suddenly she is off the show and Eddie has taken over.
Now it's the Eddie show.
Just a vehicle for him to self promote, tell his (BS) side of every story and have his sketchy mates on. He just rants and raves and talks over the top of everyone with his utter crap

No idea how Eddie still has so much power in this town.
He's an absolute clown.
Should have been run out of town yonks ago.
The whole nexus of footy, media, gambling and organised crime is very much alive in Melbourne and Eddie is a part of it

Last edited:

Her father was President of Richmond 1974 - 1985. Ms.Wilson’s hatred of North came from this time. North’s Keith Greig won his second Brownlow in 1974 when Kevin Bartlett was the red hot favourite. Some very nasty , unsportsmanlike, comments were made by Richmond camp when Bartlett didn’t win. The fact that North constantly beat Richmond during that time added to the Wilson family’s loathing of North.
Imagine the angst, North were recruiting players that Richmond aspired to have on their list, the gall of North!
There is strong rumour that the Greig‘s win cost the teenage Caroline a pony!

Last edited:
Look at anything regarding North and relocation, James Brayshaw obliterated her about it.

Interesting that was your take on that episode.

For me , it appeared Wilson was correct with what she had been saying and Brayshaw went against Wilson in a classic playing the man (in this case a woman) and not the ball.

So, Wilson was factually correct and Brayshaw was all bully and bluster

Age podcast announced a fortnight ago that she's gone (overseas I assume?) to support her daughter who is due to give birth.

She laid in to Richmond administrations for years on end because they weren't any good and didn't compared to her fathers generation. She stopped that when they got organised!

I think she's been wrong on North and relied too heavily on clearly AFL sources at times, but more often than not she was just reporting what was there to report with every team and every scandal.

The biggest disappointment I think is that her focus became on back room dealings more than actually covering football and overall the AFL media is far too much like that. It's not that the politics isn't good full too but surely what happens on field should be way more interesting.

It's not a coincidence that the doggies and richmond posters on here don't seem to mind her, while North and essendon supporters loathe her.
Her constant / blatant bias and agenda overshadows any investigative work she puts into the corporates at AFL head office.

Last edited:
It’s really bizarre the amount of comments here praising Wilson.

Devoted Age readers I’m guessing.

As the old adage goes -

"If you can't think, read the Herald. If you can't read, buy the Sun".

You of course we would be a devoted HSun gazer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back