Scandal Caro's double standards

ChesterTreasure

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I am waiting with bated breath for Caroline Wilson’s unequivocal apology for this little pi$$-take on Sports Today last night.

And before the naysayers hit back with claims that this is an over-reaction to something minor, consider the following;
Caro is well known for standing on her soapbox and preaching her views on racism, equal rights, Women’s rights and mental health issues.
She cannot lay claim to being the nations spokesperson for all that is unjust and then make comments such as she did.
This person may have no issues at all; however they may well have anxiety issues and / or a speech impediment. They may also have taken a great deal of courage to pick up the phone in the first place, only to be mocked by one of the supposed premier sports journalists in this Country.
I don’t know if they do have any issues, or if they don’t have any issues – but neither does Caroline Wilson and they did not deserve to be bullied, no matter how minor it might have been.
Let us not forget that Caro has form in this regard – does anyone remember her attempt at humour some years back which got her into strife regarding disparaging comments she made about Special Olympians.

Or perhaps she will do an Eddie and claim it was just a little “light-hearted banter”

Practice what you preach Caro !!!

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
tumblr_mjepc4KKZW1rx4ivwo1_400.gif

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
What a pathetic thread.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Wait - did you ALSO go to the trouble of making that video??

Can I just interject, with some TISM playing on Hey Hey....it seems like the right spot to post this.

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
what a disgraceful sad person.

Youre kidding right? She's referring to the idea of the conditions it being run in being unsporting and the people watching it doing so for the wrong reasons, not that paralympics running isnt a sport.

Because you'de have to be a complete idiot to not be kidding and be genuinely unable to understand context.

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
To be fair, it is pretty s**t form to mock someone with a speech impediment - but if we are going to call out media personalities for making fun of the less fortunate, I'd start with Street Talk on The Footy Show which is generally far worse than what Caro said.

Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
To be fair, it is pretty s**t form to mock someone with a speech impediment - but if we are going to call out media personalities for making fun of the less fortunate, I'd start with Street Talk on The Footy Show which is generally far worse than what Caro said.

After all these years, I think we have come to expect that from The Footy Show.
And I do agree that Caro made a prick of herself in that clip, pretty uncool.

Back