Recommitted Levi Casboult [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes a lot of sense. Cheapish, and fits the need.

For Cas I presume that Carlton aren't offering him extra $. They see him as a role player, and reckon they can go past him. I reckon they are right. For the Tigers, we need another tall forward that can actually consistently play that role. Griff is such a risky proposition (both for him and us). Also with Hammer having a bad back, we need coverage there.

Gives the young guys time to get AFL ready, and sets the RFC up for a decent run at a premiership in the seasons GWS has injury problems.

Can see Collingwood throwing a lot at him. But also I can see them waiting til season end to work out what they are doing. More than one issue for them atm.

What would concern me if he leaves Carlton are our ruck stocks.

Kreuzer - touch wood, having good run with injury

Phillips - currently injured

Korcheck - were in trouble if he's playing

Would need to draft/rookie another mature ruckman

Or Harry McKay would need to be back-up

Instead of FA, we could trade Hampson for him if you'd prefer...:cool:

For around 2 Million $$$$$ the Tigers can have him IMO.

Front loaded back loaded who cares and that should see band 2 ( 3 Min ) Compo in return which i am happy with as we get our 2nd Rd pick back.

3 year with a triggered 4th year option would be my preferred deal, but the club may have agreed to 4.

From my sources we offered 3 but his manager baulked at it wanting the extra year for Levi.

We also offered close to 500k as well ( Tad under ) but the 4th year was the sticking point when he is close to 33yo.

The Tigers deal from what i have heard that got it over the line is 2million+ over 4 years.

From my sources we offered 3 but his manager baulked at it wanting the extra year for Levi.

We also offered close to 500k as well ( Tad under ) but the 4th year was the sticking point when he is close to 33yo.

The Tigers deal from what i have heard that got it over the line is 2million+ over 4 years.
Fair enough, a year too long for my liking, but that's the nature of free agency, you have to overpay.

Hansen is a better & cheaper option for Richmond.

He can play at both ends, so he can also provide depth if Astbury goes down, and Astbury has been as crucial as any player in Richmonds improvement.
lol. Better?

Stop it.

You're clueless if you think Levi Casboult is a better player than Lachlan Hansen

one is a key player for a bottom team.leading goal scorer. the other is a odd chump playing vfl while a 64km kid is preferred plays along side brown. hmmm good choice Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All in all, I'll be glad to see the back of Casboult. He is never going to be a gun forward and is not worth the money or length of contract Richmond will offer him.
He's a role player that fills list depth for a few years. We need to draft talls and this gives us a realistic option while they develop

Most on our board agree with your assessment but still think he's someone we should bring in

Fairly cheap all things considered. I'm surprised your club wouldn't just wear the risk

Although you guys probably think it benefits your draft position more

Fairly cheap all things considered. I'm surprised your club wouldn't just wear the risk

We need the FA compo pick Dr , we won't be contending for a few years yet .
We've got McKay , Curnow , Silvagni and Kerr to get games into and the next Silvagni on the way in next year as well .

4 Mths ago i was hearing our offer was around 1.3 Mill over 3 years in total but the 4th year ( Which Levi is after ) was a no go as i suppose we had other targets in mind etc and considering Levi will be close to 33yo then with our current position in the AFL climate SOS saw it as not worth it.

It is what it is though.

one is a key player for a bottom team.leading goal scorer. the other is a odd chump playing vfl while a 64km kid is preferred plays along side brown. hmmm good choice Richmond

Lachlan has been injured, and has been left out whilst we look at kids. When we were picking our absolute best sides earlier in the season, he was in every week.

- Casboult is a one trick pony that has had two barely serviceable seasons in crap sides. The bloke has taken 10 or more marks on three occasions.

- Hansen has held his own as a centre half back in finals sides. He has taken 10 or more marks on nineteen occasions.

4 Mths ago i was hearing our offer was around 1.3 Mill over 3 years in total but the 4th year ( Which Levi is after ) was a no go as i suppose we had other targets in mind etc and considering Levi will be close to 33yo then with our current position in the AFL climate SOS saw it as not worth it.

It is what it is though.
Which is fair enough too.

Surely after the fiasco that is the Gold Coast suns, and Tom Lynch coming out of contract at the end of next season, surely Casboult will be taking the best offer available? Cause every Vic club will be looking at Lynch.

It is what it is though.
He'll be 32, say it for what it is. :D

Just sounds very weird that it was a sticking point. I doubt cap space is an issue. Front load his contract and let him sit in the VFL in the 4th year. Hell, even if he comes to us I'd be happy if that's where he is for us because it means we don't need him in seniors.

Very weird.

Lachlan has been injured, and has been left out whilst we look at kids. When we were picking our absolute best sides earlier in the season, he was in every week.

- Casboult is a one trick pony that has had two barely serviceable seasons in crap sides. The bloke has taken 10 or more marks on three occasions.

- Hansen has held his own as a centre half back in finals sides. He has taken 10 or more marks on nineteen occasions.
Make a Hansen thread then, no one cares.

Casboult is a better forward/ruck than Hansen. Thats the role we need.

Weird, given all the weeks Cas has spent as a spare man in the back half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back