Recommitted Levi Casboult [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

For 350-400 a year he's good value as (very) strong marking forward/bail out kick option, decent 2nd ruck in a bottom 10 side for 2 years. Ideally not getting a game by the end of the deal, but if he improves further on his performance this year, he will be which will be a bonus.

Where does he fit when Harry Mckay starts playing regularly, which should happen next year? Surely cant play the 3 talls + Silvagni up forward.
F.Pickett,Mckay,Wright
HF.Charlie,Casboilt,Sos

Charlie will move into midfield and swap with a mid at times.Not to dissimilar to bombers with hooker/Daniher/Stewart type set up and smells around them.

no sure why we would want him when we have griffiths tbh

The most games Griffiths has strung together in his 8 year career?

I reckon your mob will snap up Lachie Hansen and he will be a very good bargain.

The most games Griffiths has strung together in his 8 year career?

I reckon your mob will snap up Lachie Hansen and he will be a very good bargain.

griffiths is injury prone but casboult isnt really wayne carey

would prefer running the small forward line and having griffiths is they want to change it

Lachie Hansen doesnt seem like a forward to me either, bit late to make him one at 30 odd

Last edited:
griffiths is injury prone but casboult isnt really wayne carey

would prefer running the small forward line and having griffiths is they want to change or

I agree with all that, but it's come to a point where the Tiges can't bank on Griffiths any longer and need to address a serious team/flexibility imbalance through other means. This small forward line stuff only exists because you club currently doesn't have any alternatives.

If you run in to Patton/Lobb & Cameron all clunking grabs under the September sun, you will know exactly what I mean and the small forward line argument will get exposed.

If you run in to Patton/Lobb & Cameron all clunking grabs under the September sun, you will know exactly what I mean and the small forward line argument will get exposed.

the richmond tall defense is alright though

Rance, Astbury, Grimes, Broad, Vlastuin is probable the strongest part of the side

I agree with all that, but it's come to a point where the Tiges can't bank on Griffiths any longer and need to address a serious team/flexibility imbalance through other means. This small forward line stuff only exists because you club currently doesn't have any alternatives.

indeed thats why hopfully richmond throw the kitchen sink at Tommy Lynch, Schache, Patton - a tall with a grade upside, as opposed to bloody casboult

or use one of the two first round draft picks to draft one for the long term

Griffiths is an adequate option in the meantime. He looks a class above VFL i reckon. fingers crossed he gets some luck with the body and brain injuries

the richmond tall defense is alright though

Rance, Astbury, Grimes, Broad, Vlastuin is probable the strongest part of the side

Astbury is the only true 100% tall of that lot and Rance can play tall depending on the match up. The others aren't what I rate as tall defenders. Vlaustin is 187cms, I don't know where you pulled him from.

Important stat: Richmond are the 2nd worst side in the comp for opposition contested marks.

This doesn't get easier in the finals.

indeed thats why hopfully richmond throw the kitchen sink at Tommy Lynch, Schache, Patton -

You would want to hope they only cost a kitchen sink as I can't see how you will have the coin to even get a seat at the table.

or use one of the two first round draft picks to draft one for the long term

I suspect they will.

Astbury is the only true 100% tall of that lot and Rance can play tall depending on the match up. The others aren't what I rate as tall defenders. Vlaustin is 187cms, I don't know where you pulled him from.

Important stat: Richmond are the 2nd worst side in the comp for opposition contested marks.

This doesn't get easier in the finals.

what about OCM, inside (their) fwd50?

Along with Power and Swans the Tigers had by far the best defense this season. There is always room for improvement but Ive got a lot of trust in Grimes, Astbury, Rance and i am a pretty pessimistic supporter generally.

GWS Giants 1812

Adelaide Crows 1776

Richmond Tigers 1684

Port Adelaide Power 1671

Sydney Swans 1651

Broad has been fairly wonderful since he came in after the saints molestation of us. His size and pace is a nice addition to the back 6. vlastuin is pretty big for the 5th tall defender and plays tall.

You would want to hope they only cost a kitchen sink as I can't see how you will have the coin to even get a seat at the table.

im not sure if you have the time but id love to see your , or someone i the know break down of the richmond salary cap this and next season

i think its a shame unlike american sports the salarys are not public knowledge

I suspect they will

hopefully there are some good tall fwds in the draft, that are not giving to the northern clubs cause of academy bullshit

ideally richmond would also find a 3rd first or secound rounder so we can get naish f/s cheaper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what about OCM, inside (their) fwd50?

Along with Power and Swans the Tigers had by far the best defense this season. There is always room for improvement but Ive got a lot of trust in Grimes, Astbury, Rance and i am a pretty pessimistic supporter generally.

GWS Giants 1812

Adelaide Crows 1776

Richmond Tigers 1684

Port Adelaide Power 1671

Sydney Swans 1651

Defensive analysis is never simple and based on many things. I suggest the ability of your forward line to lock the ball in and Cotchin & Martin having career best seasons in the middle has more to do with those points ranges than any singular input from the Richmond defence.

Richmonds defence is ranked 15th for rebound 50's, but the side are 3rd for inside 50's and 2nd for tackles inside 50.

Logical conclusion: the ball isn't getting in to the back line as much as it once did. It's certainly not getting rebounded with any great consistency when it does get there.

They are also 2nd for intercepts which suggests their press is working very well due to the added emphasis on leg speed.

hopefully there are some good tall fwds in the draft, that are not giving to the northern clubs cause of academy bullshit

ideally richmond would also find a 3rd first or secound rounder so we can get naish f/s cheaper

The most important man in your club right now is the list manager and his ability overcome your shortcoming with what are certain to be, inadequate financial resources relative to other clubs. He is going to be the difference between the Tigers being a competitive side or a genuine contender. They must address the tall forward issue. By all means keep Griffiths on the list in the hope he can get on the park regularly, but then the club needs to focus on discarded/fringe players, the VFL and also the draft for the future. It wouldn't surprise me if they brought 3 tall marking players on to their list at the end of the year (i.e. Hansen, 1 x VFL, 1 x draft) as a back up for Astbury is also crucial.

Carlton must be pissed, they thought they were getting pick 22 for him that they would swap for hopper. If they don't get Kelly then this trade period is looking very similar to the Kangaroos

Carlton must be pissed, they thought they were getting pick 22 for him that they would swap for hopper. If they don't get Kelly then this trade period is looking very similar to the Kangaroos

Not really, most of us are happy to keep Casboult for 2 years at that price.

And media and such have linked us to Kelly but we haven't publicly offered him a mega deal like North did...we'll see what happens in trade week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back