Casefile podcasts

Can’t believe i’d never heard of the Phillip Island murder. Asked my parents about it and they remembered it well. Old man says it was always thought dodgy because they never found her body.

The most obvious outcome seems likely, but if you dig, s**t there’s some things that don’t fit.

The phone call to her friend in the morning is mystifying.

I'm still struggling to put together a decent theory for what happened. Every possibility seems to have easily poked holes in it and doesn't make complete sense. The family seems to have locked down tight on people talking about this case, so I doubt we'll really know what happened.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can’t believe i’d never heard of the Phillip Island murder. Asked my parents about it and they remembered it well. Old man says it was always thought dodgy because they never found her body.

The most obvious outcome seems likely, but if you dig, s**t there’s some things that don’t fit.

The phone call to her friend in the morning is mystifying.
As I mentioned earlier, listen to the Australian True Crime podcast for more info on It. It's Meshel Laurie (yeah I know what you're thinking) but some of them are actually pretty good due to the guests - homicide detectives etc.

The whole thing is basically a chat with the books author.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
As I mentioned earlier, listen to the Australian True Crime podcast for more info on It. It's Meshel Laurie (yeah I know what you're thinking) but some of them are actually pretty good due to the guests - homicide detectives etc.

The whole thing is basically a chat with the books author.

Yep I’ve listened to it, it was good. Read most of what there is on it as well. It’s a head-scratcher.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Looking at reading a few case files on fbi criminal profiling cases however finding it hard to find any. Just wondering if anyone here could point me in the right direction. Reading mindhunters now and absolutely loving it

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Looking at reading a few case files on fbi criminal profiling cases however finding it hard to find any. Just wondering if anyone here could point me in the right direction. Reading mindhunters now and absolutely loving it
Have you caught up with the show on Netflix of the same name?

If you listen to podcasts, this Cuny lecture is really good.

"Mind of a Serial Killer". John Jay College of Criminal Justice, speaking are Professor of Forensic Psychology and Supervisory FBI Profiler on Son of Sam (David Berkowitz) and more generally on serial killers.

The first few minutes are a bit boring but it steps up.

http://www1.cuny.edu/portal_ur/news/radio/podcast/lecture_48.mp3

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Anybody want to summarise some of the podcasts cases in a single thread? ie choose one of the podcasts and the subject , start a thread summarising what direction the podcast took and any findings

Or talk about each episode as singular threads.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie