Casefile podcasts

Remove this Banner Ad

The latest ep is full on. Crazy how many people are into watching those videos.

I remember watching that video a few years ago - it was doing the rounds on the internet called '3 guys, 1 hammer'. Beyond ****ed up.

Interesting that they seemed to just be killing for fun. As mentioned on the Casefile episode, the theory at the time (that I had always thought was true up until I listened to Casefile today) was that they were making a bunch of snuff videos for some guy one of them met over the internet. Supposedly they were going to be paid heaps once they got enough videos, which at least made the killings somewhat understandable (though these guys being from affluent and influential families means they shouldn't have needed the money that badly!); to know that they were just killing for fun is bloody terrifying.

Caught up on a few recently.

Horror street sucked to listen to. So much carnage for no reason.

Carly Ryan was even more sad. I certainly don’t want to blame the Mum and hindsight is always easier but that whole thing seemed off from the get go. That was absolutely devastating.

The most recent one was just all kinds of ****ed up. It’s hard to believe what you’re actually listening to with that.

Caught up on a few recently.

Horror street sucked to listen to. So much carnage for no reason.

Carly Ryan was even more sad. I certainly don’t want to blame the Mum and hindsight is always easier but that whole thing seemed off from the get go. That was absolutely devastating.

The most recent one was just all kinds of ****** up. It’s hard to believe what you’re actually listening to with that.

I felt like Carly's mum did everything right. It is easy to look at things in hindsight.

I felt like Carly's mum did everything right. It is easy to look at things in hindsight.
Of course, that’s why I said that. I think there were definitely signs though. For instance, why would the Dad make an appearance before the boyfriend? Straight away, that seems a red flag for me.

I’ve clearly listened to too many Casefile podcasts haha.

I think it might benefit people if they listened to true crime podcasts more actually. Myself with hindsight, realise I was so naive I think up until I was about in my mid twenties I was a target. Sometimes surprised I made it, I just believed everything people said.

Of course, that’s why I said that. I think there were definitely signs though. For instance, why would the Dad make an appearance before the boyfriend? Straight away, that seems a red flag for me.

Nah I agree with you as well. I think the hindsight part is that sequence of events. It sounds to me like the mum reacted normally like 'ummm, thats a bit odd ... but okay'. In hindsight it is a massive red flag, but in the moment its not like you would immediately go 'the guy on the internet is probably made up and this guy is a pedophile'

Yeah it was pretty obvious early on what was going to happen in the Carly Ryan episode. As mentioned by others it's easy to see the red flags in hindsight - and there were a lot of them. Then again, when I am listening to the Casefile podcast I know that something bad is going to happen, so I'm listening and waiting for the red flags. I'm expecting the worst in every situation - but you can't actually live your life like that.

Devastating for the mother. You can't wrap your kids up in cotton wool and shield them from the world (as tempting as it may be); but you also can't let them run free without any guidance or supervision (as much as they may think they're capable). It can be a fine line, and one I hope I never get wrong with any of my children - how could you forgive yourself? Poor woman.

Listened to the most recent one this morning.

I'm a little bit confused - did she remove the capsules inject the cyanide and then put them back on the shelves?

It's bad enough she killed her husband but the murder of Susan was just awful.

Don't feel quite right about the daughter profiting $250k either. It was suggested she knew her mum was planning/talking about killing him and didn't bother to say anything until there was money to be made. Should that really have been rewarded?

The carly Ryan one was horrible.

Regarding the mum doing more, let's not forget this was in the days of MySpace. It was probably the reason all these signs would be massive red flags now.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latest one made me absolutely sick to my stomach.

I'm not big on the death penalty but that piece of s**t deserved worse than cancer.

Find it incredible they're still selling that 'How to' book as well.

I kept listening to it expecting a big twist, but as you described it was just a horrific crime perpretrated by a low life scumbag.

The cyanide poisoning one was draw-dropping - if she hadn't been so greedy, the wife would have got clean away with murder!

managed to get through the Toy Box. Not one of my 'favourites'. overly long and not that much to it really.

The story is told like it is only the tip of the iceberg, but I actually think it might be the other way around and most of what is alleged is just made up fantasies or exaggerations. Maybe I am wrong and there really are like 50-100 other unidentified victims.

Each to their own I guess. I prefer the ones which have a bit of a twist and turn. Hoddle Street is a very familiar case. It was still good ... just not anywhere near my 'favourites'.

I'm the same. that's why I found the Lesley Molseed case so riveting and ultimately tragic for multiple victims.

Case 100 is out this weekend. The Beaumont children, which works as a great companion piece to the first episode, Wanda Beach. Those two cases in the mid 60s pretty much changed Australia's attitudes to the freedoms their children had and brought about the much more watchful attitudes we have now.

Case 100 is out this weekend. The Beaumont children, which works as a great companion piece to the first episode, Wanda Beach. Those two cases in the mid 60s pretty much changed Australia's attitudes to the freedoms their children had and brought about the much more watchful attitudes we have now.

I havent finished case 99, or started 100, but they have felt a bit flat lately.

Catching up on my backlog of these.

Listened to the Pillow Pyro one this morning. What a sick, sick man.

Not sure that one was narrated in the best way. It was obvious it was him when they randomly introduced him after the start of the episode. Still found the case itself very interesting though.

Listened to case 99 this morning, Becky Watts.

I cannot even begin to fathom how her Father must have felt throughout. The love of his life was dying with MS, her son kills his only daughter. It would have been hell for the step mum as well. Sounds like she had such a special bond with Becky and to find out it’s her son that did it...

It takes a special, disgusting type of person that does that to a relative and then actually chops the victim into pieces.

Without reading all those articles, how do you know he reads this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back