Casefile podcasts

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest episode is a part 6 to the EAR/ONS epic from a couple of years ago. Pretty cool that they were able to provide an ending to what seemed an unsolvable case when it was released.

I have probably listened to about 50 or so. Here's my top 12 from the ones I have listened to.

1. Amy Allwine
2. Silk Road
3. Daniel Morcombe
4. Beverly McGowan
5. Amok
6. Tina Watson
7. Sherri Rasmussen
8. Natalee Holloway
9. Martha Puebla
10. Eileen and Tom Lonergan
11. Jonestown
12. The Golden State Killer

Last edited:

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I have probably listened to about 50 or so. Here's my top 12 from the ones I have listened to.

1. Amy Allwine
2. Silk Road
3. Daniel Morcombe
4. Beverly McGowan
5. Amok
6. Tina Watson
7. Sherri Rasmussen
8. Natalee Holloway
9. Martha Puebla
10. Eileen and Tom Lonergan
11. Jonestown
12. The Golden State Killer

Can't argue with any of those. Sherri Rasmussen is my go-to one when someone asks me to recommend an episode. When he says 'They just disarmed Stephanie' ... right before they take her into the interview room ... so intense.

I'd also add Jennifer Pan to my list of 'favourites'.

I don't feel like they are quite as good anymore. Few too many episodes where I work out by about half way through that there isn't going to be any resolution and there is still like 40 minutes to go.

Last edited:

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't feel like they aren't quite as good anymore. Few too many episodes where I work out by about half way through that there isn't going to be any resolution and there is still like 40 minutes to go.

I feel the same way. Slightly too many episodes that are formulaic - the guilty party is either overwhelmingly obvious at the start or you notice a lot of seemingly irrelevant details being thrown in which usually means the case is unsolved and the writers were looking to pad the episode.

Some of the most recent ones (Beverly McGowan, Yosemite etc.) were getting back to the good format where there's an element of mystery before they start honing in on the actual suspect. Although if I had one complaint about Yosemite it would be that I would've enjoyed it more if all the comments on the related episode they did earlier in the year didn't spoil it by going "I can't believe they covered [topic] without mentioning [subject of Yosemite]!" but that's obviously not the host's fault

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Thought this week's episode, Cindy james, was excellent. The best one in a while.

Seemed to be heading down a familiar path with the psycho ex etc, but took some twists in the second half. I thought the phone call to Roy sounded like a woman's voice.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Thought this week's episode, Cindy james, was excellent. The best one in a while.

Seemed to be heading down a familiar path with the psycho ex etc, but took some twists in the second half. I thought the phone call to Roy sounded like a woman's voice.
An amazing ep! It seemed it was going the usual way for a while, then BAM!

I agree with your last sentence. Was chilling all the same.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Nicholas Barclay case was good too. Last half of last year I was feeling they were a bit bland, but started this years series very strong with 2 well presented cases. I've put them on whilst my wife and I renovate and she enjoys, but I've predicted both the last 2 outcomes within 15-20 minutes.. Not sure if it's because I'm familiar with their story-telling/presentation, but I picked Cindy from a long way out, and same with Nicholas. I think if you're familiar with the formula you get the bits he says or doesn't say that lead you to an early conclusion.

Next weekend I'm gonna hit the wife with the Jim Jones episodes, while catering the Kool-Aid for refreshments.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Can Cindy really be ‘picked’ though? While there’s quite a bit that points to her, I’m trying to remain open minded on that one. There was just a few strange things that happened that make no sense if it was indeed Cindy.
A hell of a lot of being found with drugs in her system, sometimes the same drugs she was prescribed, and/or hoarding. Along with stockings around her throat just close to the level of suffocation but not quite enough... Michael Hutchence? We obviously don't know for sure, but either way, hers is a tragically sad life the way it ended up.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
A hell of a lot of being found with drugs in her system, sometimes the same drugs she was prescribed, and/or hoarding. Along with stockings around her throat just close to the level of suffocation but not quite enough... Michael Hutchence? We obviously don't know for sure, but either way, hers is a tragically sad life the way it ended up.
Yeah no doubt a lot points to that. The guy who just ran off keeps making me wonder though.

I actually kind of hope it was all her as the alternative is absolutely terrifying considering how quickly everyone dismissed it all.

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I gotta say this site was absolutely robbed in the most recent episode. Not listed as a source at all when we have pretty much every detail and one of the most regular contributors is literally the brother of one of the victims

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta say this site was absolutely robbed in the most recent episode. Not listed as a source at all when we have pretty much every detail and one of the most regular contributors is literally the brother of one of the victims
????

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Been very late in getting onto Casefile, but listened to a few episodes now.

Daniel Morcombe - great episode, loved the audio clip and how they caught the perpetrator, amazing police work, very sad case however.
Beverly McGowan - wow, bizarre story, can't believe I hadn't heard of it before, still so many unanswered questions.
Mark and John - another bizarre story, couldn't really believe what I was hearing.

Favourite is probably the Silk Road series, incredibly well told story.

Looking forward to listening to the rest.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Been very late in getting onto Casefile, but listened to a few episodes now.

Daniel Morcombe - great episode, loved the audio clip and how they caught the perpetrator, amazing police work, very sad case however.
Beverly McGowan - wow, bizarre story, can't believe I hadn't heard of it before, still so many unanswered questions.
Mark and John - another bizarre story, couldn't really believe what I was hearing.

Favourite is probably the Silk Road series, incredibly well told story.

Looking forward to listening to the rest.
Jennifer pan
Sherri Rasmussen are also both good Casefile episodes because they’ve used real audio recordings.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
The latest episode is on The Family. Alan Barnes' brother John has been posting in the thread on Big Footy for ages and has given heaps of insider information
Yeah half way through this one. I have only skipped around the thread here on it. Ill have to go back and read Johns stuff.
Never realised just how brutual these murders were.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jennifer pan
Sherri Rasmussen are also both good Casefile episodes because they’ve used real audio recordings.
yeah listening to both also, love the episodes with the interrogation audio, there's a Youtube channel called 'JCS - Criminal Psychology' which covers both these cases and more with the interrogation footage too.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Recently listened to the 'Operation Cathedral' episode, definitely the hardest one to get through, they were respectful with the facts without going into too much detail, but I felt disgusted, and also angered at the lenient sentences.

Massive respect to the law enforcement workers who have to delve into that horrible world in order to catch the perpetrators, I can't imagine how hard it would be to see the things they've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back