Casey Cardinia FNL - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Good Question! Seems the wrong way of going about things and against the proven Narre model of developing from within. When you have the amazing and seemingly endless pipeline of young talent coming through why get mixed up with the tired old game of throwing money at coin chasing mercenaries who run from club to club, year to year and give nothing back to the club. It might get you a flag in the short term but what does it do for the long term health and development of the club? Particularly if those good young players coming through get disillusioned at having their growth and development blocked by these mercenaries and go elsewhere.
Couldnt agree more, Id some of those young guns are ripe for the picking!

Narre also got Steve Watson from HP as well. With Olney retiring, Watson should slip nicely into ruck. I wonder if Cranny will step up there recruiting now, just to keep its edge.

Add in Fevola and the budget is out of this world with many of their talented juniors . Toner would be licking his lips with that sort of talent.

Heard Cranny had only one recruit but he is following Collar to Tyabb. They get back Geron from Stingrays. Rumor is they are still chasing Angwin.

Could all this spending be the end of narre's sustained success? I scratch my head to think why they would all of a sudden spend up with a such a talent pool at there disposal. Watch the gun kids walk because there is lack of opportunity taken up by over paid recruites there for the wrong reasons.

The whole Devon league switch is still happening at the moment. From what I've heard CC clubs apart from two were all for it. Not so in Nepean though. I don't understand why they would be against it. Meadows can't keep going in CC that's a fact. It get rid of the bye in both comps and from my understanding the league have a agreed to a 16 round comp for next year so club budgets for player payments will still be ok. If it's true that the Nepean clubs are against it they should be ashamed of themselves. It's about the survival of a club that's struggling to go with the bigger towns in CC. Wake up to yourself Nepean division!!

Sad to see them go, but it's the right thing to do. It's never nice seeing a team enter consecutive seasons with no chance of winning. The MPNFL would be happy they can eliminate the bye now.

Good luck to the Panthers next year!

If it aint broke......... ??? 4 new big money players come in.... under appreciated locals usually walk out when this happens... time will tell. :thumbsdown:

If 2012 is Narre v Cranny lets back Narre now!
Heard that Narre are chasing the Collins brothers who played at Cora Lynn..
Cranny have lost 4 so far to Tyabb and 1 each to Roc and Garfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back