Casey Cardinia FNL - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

should be some great footy - its a bit poor that they cant swap the venues to avoid home ground advantage though.

It's a fukcing joke to be honest....... :thumbsdown:

Seriously, why cant they swap the games over to neutral venues ??

I wouldnt be happy if I were Cranbourne.

casey cardinia is officially a joke of a comp with the finals grounds situation the last straw.already hardly anyone goes to finals because of the stupid idea of herding all drinkers into a pen causing friction between rival fans.(remember berwick a few years ago)maybe they should look at the ellinbank model which allows you to have a good time within reason and without police trying to fine as many as possible.i bet ellinbank get twice the crowd than casey for granny even though a lot of people would rather watch the better standard comp of casey.how they could not switch the pakky berwick finals is a complete farce.

casey cardinia is officially a joke of a comp with the finals grounds situation the last straw.already hardly anyone goes to finals because of the stupid idea of herding all drinkers into a pen causing friction between rival fans.(remember berwick a few years ago)maybe they should look at the ellinbank model which allows you to have a good time within reason and without police trying to fine as many as possible.i bet ellinbank get twice the crowd than casey for granny even though a lot of people would rather watch the better standard comp of casey.how they could not switch the pakky berwick finals is a complete farce.

Well said. I won't go to the GF at Berwick. At Pakenham at least they had a big wet area.

The ground debacle makes the league look like total amateurs. It is beyond belief that they wouldn't switch grounds. Surely there should be a rule that you can't play a home final unless you make the grand final or the 2 clubs that host finals are playing each other, and if that happens the game should be played at the club that finished higher on the ladder home ground.

It's not that hard.

Cranbourne flogged Berwick by 112 points in front of about 30 people. Weather was ordinary, but the crowd was really sparse. Cranny are a very, very impressive team. It's going to take a massive effort to beat them.

Crowd was very ordinary. Not the best weather but for a game that has a grand final start on the line. It was poor. Hopefully a better crowd in the next 2 weeks

Narre beat Pakky by 10 pts in a tough game. It was pretty enjoyable with plenty of niggle. Pakky lost both times by over 10 goals, but their effort was really good and they were right in the game until the final siren.

Narre v Berwick in the prelim next week, which is a tough one. I'm leaning towards Narre, but only just.

Hope we get a decent crowd!

Im tipping that berwick will have to much height up forward. And thetefore should be victors

Storm in a teacup RE the Home ground advantage... whats going to happen when Berwick play Cranny in the GF next week?? Move that one?

Same thing happens every year, in every league, and everyone bitches about it to no avail.

2011 Team of The Year.

B: Nick Barker (Cranbourne) - Kain Baskaya (Hampton Park) - Colin McNamara (Narre Warren)

HB: Ben Tivendale (ROC) - Michael Boland (Cranbourne) - Ryan White (Tooradin-Dalmore)

C: Luke Walker (Pakenham) - Michael Collins [C] (Narre Warren) - Daniel Mislicki (Beaconsfield)

HF: Nick Scanlon (Narre Warren) - Tyson King (Keysborough) - Paul Vanschilt (Berwick)

F: Nathan Waite (Berwick) - Marc Holt [VC] (Cranbourne) - Mathew Fletcher (Cranbourne)

R: Kym Jones (Pakenham) - Justin Berry (Cranbourne) - Beau Miller (Tooradin-Dalmore)

Int: Jack Besley (Hampton Park) - Curtis Barker (Cranbourne) - Stephen Finlayson (Berwick) - Russell Lehman (Pakenham)

Coach: Doug Koop (Cranbourne)

2011 Team of The Year.

B: Nick Barker (Cranbourne) - Kain Baskaya (Hampton Park) - Colin McNamara (Narre Warren)

HB: Ben Tivendale (ROC) - Michael Boland (Cranbourne) - Ryan White (Tooradin-Dalmore)

C: Luke Walker (Pakenham) - Michael Collins [C] (Narre Warren) - Daniel Mislicki (Beaconsfield)

HF: Nick Scanlon (Narre Warren) - Tyson King (Keysborough) - Paul Vanschilt (Berwick)

F: Nathan Waite (Berwick) - Marc Holt [VC] (Cranbourne) - Mathew Fletcher (Cranbourne)

R: Kym Jones (Pakenham) - Justin Berry (Cranbourne) - Beau Miller (Tooradin-Dalmore)

Int: Jack Besley (Hampton Park) - Curtis Barker (Cranbourne) - Stephen Finlayson (Berwick) - Russell Lehman (Pakenham)

Coach: Doug Koop (Cranbourne)

Hey guys, wanted to know how the MPNFL works divsion wise... I have the understanding that it is one of the strongest comps in Country Footy. Are the divsions broken up in geographical areas or is each divsion given a name of sorts... Trying to figure which Grand Final is the strongest...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, wanted to know how the MPNFL works divsion wise... I have the understanding that it is one of the strongest comps in Country Footy. Are the divsions broken up in geographical areas or is each divsion given a name of sorts... Trying to figure which Grand Final is the strongest...

The 3 divisions are based on geographical areas - the strongest granny is anyones guess... ??

Whilst a few years ago Peninsula was clearly the better footy, I would think the top four in each league would easily match it with their counterparts in the other leagues nowadays.

Would love to see the three premiers play off in practice matches pre-season - Karingal, YCW, Sorrento, Hastings, Cranbourne, Narre - would make for some great footy.

Whilst a few years ago Peninsula was clearly the better footy, I would think the top four in each league would easily match it with their counterparts in the other leagues nowadays.

Would love to see the three premiers play off in practice matches pre-season - Karingal, YCW, Sorrento, Hastings, Cranbourne, Narre - would make for some great footy.

Agreed with this. I'd love to see all the team of the years from the three divisions play each other as well.

Solid win by Narre setting up a GF with Cranbourne. Looks like each team will miss a key player - Boyle for Narre and Theodoridis for Cranny.

Does anyone give Narre a chance?

Cranbourne looked fairly unstoppable last week. Will take a big effort to knock them off. That said, it was an impressive effort today by Narre. Hopefully next weeks game is more like todays than last weeks.

Went to my first ever Casey Cardinia match on the weekend. Could not believe how flat the atmosphere was for a Preliminary Final. Sure the standard of football is better than Ellinbank but it was just so flat there - average size crowd that made no noise whatsoever.

Also why is the wet area so small and why do the twos play before the thirds? Won't be going back again.

Does anyone think Cranny's lack of football in the last month might come into play against Narre? I don't think it would have mattered against Berwick but Narre is a hardened finals side.

I still think Cranny will win. If they don't it'll be one of the best chokes ever.

Went to my first ever Casey Cardinia match on the weekend. Could not believe how flat the atmosphere was for a Preliminary Final. Sure the standard of football is better than Ellinbank but it was just so flat there - average size crowd that made no noise whatsoever.

Also why is the wet area so small and why do the twos play before the thirds? Won't be going back again.

The idea is to keep the under 18's off the grog till later in the day - they have a gutfull and wanna fight... and thats why the have the crappy drinking area on the far side of the ground...... which makes it worse i reckon.

Berwick dont have any supporters... if they do, they must all be mute. When they kick a goal you get a few golf claps and thats it. Not many neutral supporters wouldve been interested in that game. The granny will be worth watching... Cranny should win but Narre will have a crack.

Should be great game.Hopefully a decent size crowd turns out. Weather should be alright. Cant wait to see some of the match ups all over the ground.

Some interesting team selections/mind games.

Narre has brought Birdman out of retirement!

Cranny has named Laurence Angwin, who hasn't played for ages and Theodoridis, who surely won't play with a broken arm.

Some interesting team selections/mind games.

Narre has brought Birdman out of retirement!

Cranny has named Laurence Angwin, who hasn't played for ages and Theodoridis, who surely won't play with a broken arm.

Should be a cracker.. Birdman is a seasoned campaigner in finals will always be a target, think cranny will win by 25 points with Micky boland bog

Remove this Banner Ad

Back