BERT

All Australian
Feb 28, 2003
in a gutter
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Victory.
Has anyone heard about players moving clubs or new coaches being appointed.

Doveton, Keysborough, DM, ROC and Pakenham were all looking for a new coach.

the 5th wiggle

All Australian
Sep 2, 2011
Barwon heads
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
storm
Word around that steve coats will be non playing coach at roc.hes been assistant to mick fogarty at noble park for a few years and has coached garfield about 15 years ago,just a rumour.

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
Word around that steve coats will be non playing coach at roc.hes been assistant to mick fogarty at noble park for a few years and has coached garfield about 15 years ago,just a rumour.

That's been confirmed on ROC's website;

The ROC Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Steve Coats as senior coach for 2012. Steve comes well credentialed, spending the last two years as Assistant Coach to Mick Fogarty at Noble Park in the Eastern FL, who recently went back-to-back in the best metro football comp in the land.

Steve will be well placed to develop our exciting young list and the club is already proactively working to add some high quality players to our developing team. More info to come regarding a meet the coaches function shortly. Please join me in welcoming Steve to the mighty ROC footy club. Bring on Season 2012!!!!!!

BERT

All Australian
Feb 28, 2003
in a gutter
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Victory.
Devon Meadows have made enquires about moving to the Nepean League according to the Cranbourne Leader.

Not sure I would agree with that. I would prefer Ellinbank if they were to move but would prefer that they stay in the Casey Cardinia comp. All our rivals are in C/C. Max of 25 minutes to away matches.

In Nepean you won't get many travelling fans. It's a long way from DM to Rosebud, Rye, Sorrento.

MrNatural

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
Devon Meadows have made enquires about moving to the Nepean League according to the Cranbourne Leader.

Not sure I would agree with that. I would prefer Ellinbank if they were to move but would prefer that they stay in the Casey Cardinia comp. All our rivals are in C/C. Max of 25 minutes to away matches.

In Nepean you won't get many travelling fans. It's a long way from DM to Rosebud, Rye, Sorrento.

Devon Meadows have been struggling in CC for too long now.
I doubt they can survive in CC anymore, they are simply uncompetitive year after year.
The move to Nepean had to be done. Not only will it help the meadows to survive and rebuild, but it will eliminate the bye in Nepean and CC leagues.
I played junior footy at DM when we played against the Nepean clubs and we had strong rivalries with the likes of Pearcedale and Somerville.
The move is for the best.

BERT

All Australian
Feb 28, 2003
in a gutter
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Victory.
Brent Clinnick has been appointed coach at Devon Meadows for next season. He is bringing O'Hare and Ash Adams from Poowong and Brett Armitage does his yearly switch between Devon Meadows and Hampton Park.

Members will tonight vote on a switch to Nepean.

muesli

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2003
S/E Melb
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wantirna South (Eastern FL)
Voted yes to move divisions. Have applied to the league to move,
Thanks for the reply.

You would think, its a pretty straight forward decision by the league to approve the move, especially when it removes the byes in each division.

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
Rumours are that Narre has signed Andy Soumalis. Apparently they signed him last year, but he did a backflip. Pretty handy midfielder from what I've heard.

BERT

All Australian
Feb 28, 2003
in a gutter
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Victory.
Yeah, heard he was a star. Narre looking really good next year.

Devon Meadows are still trying to move to the Nepean league. There will be an extraordinary meeting soon to vote on it. An even 10-team comp would be pretty good.

They have already had the meeting and have voted to move to the Nepean League. The League have to approve it now.

Frankfabulous

Draftee
Nov 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Brent Clinnick has been appointed coach at Devon Meadows for next season. He is bringing O'Hare and Ash Adams from Poowong and Brett Armitage does his yearly switch between Devon Meadows and Hampton Park.

Members will tonight vote on a switch to Nepean.

What happened to Keogh. Thought he did a good job promoting some kids for experience despite a poor year on the win loss scoreboard. Surely those three are not the answer to the future of the club?

BERT

All Australian
Feb 28, 2003
in a gutter
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Victory.
What happened to Keogh. Thought he did a good job promoting some kids for experience despite a poor year on the win loss scoreboard. Surely those three are not the answer to the future of the club?

I'm not sure what happened to Keogh.

Those 3 were the ones reported in the local paper that had signed. I'm sure there is more. ;)

Frankfabulous

Draftee
Nov 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
O'Hare and Adams are only in low to mid 20s, so they have plenty of future.
They may be mid 20 but both have jumped ship chasing dollars and you both are front runners who you couldnt rely on when it gets tough certainly not in the dehay mould. Then again the rumour is he is gone too?

MrNatural

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
They may be mid 20 but both have jumped ship chasing dollars and you both are front runners who you couldnt rely on when it gets tough certainly not in the dehay mould. Then again the rumour is he is gone too?

DeHey leaving Devon Meadows?
Surely not.
But i wouldnt blame him for leaving to chase a flag. He deserves it

Jackie Chan

Rookie
Nov 22, 2011
Massive building
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think it's great that o'hare and Adams are heading back to the meadows. Always a bonus having players return from other clubs. Chasing $$ part is hard to believe. They both would have been on way more last year.
Meadows kicked off training last night ( Monday) and if the word is true had 65-70 on the track. Good start considering an ordinary year. Looks like things are on the up. Good luck to them

Back