2nds Casey Demons 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Show me one occasion where it's ever backfired you salty peanut.

Last year. Completely ballsed up the second half of the year and ruined our hand at the draft.

Also, he prefers to be called a salted peanut.

ovJQzWK.png

LLZSVy0.png

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Pleasing to see the Melbourne listed players up the top there.

Lockhart played on the ball I’m pretty sure. Excellent to see Dunkley getting some footy and best news there is probably KK with some good numbers.
Agree, good to see KK getting a bit of it, would have been nice if he kicked those 2 goals, 28 and 2 would have been a good day out.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's easier to go long and direct when you're comfortably winning, but yes I'd love to see more of that in the ones as well!
its so much harder when you constantly handpass it to a player under more pressure right next to you. Maybe instead of going on about getting better at the things we do in our gameplan maybe go oh its not working lets change it up. Definition of insanity is doing the same ******* thing over and over and expecting a different result has never been truer. Clarkson said he'd have to change the game plan every couple months to try stay ahead of the game. We are trotting out the same s**t still playing on at every turn still just dump kicking it after putting team mate into trouble then not having defense set up cause we have most our team chasing the same ******* ball. Heard Crisp say we know they all go in so our plan is to set up in the outta circle. Winning contested footy means * all if ya winning it then not hitting a target 2m away then winning it again then not hitting a target after dumping it for opp to win the next 1 and have space to work in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is there anyone who actually did watch and can provide real feedback?
I watched it but strangely I didn't notice ANB all that much, but I was more interested in seeing how the likes of KK, Dunkley, Lockhart and Chandler went, so was probably looking out for those guys more. so I would say ANB didn't seem to do anything to make himself stand out, probably needed the run, but the good news is all those other guys played well.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
I watched it but strangely I didn't notice ANB all that much, but I was more interested in seeing how the likes of KK, Dunkley, Lockhart and Chandler went, so was probably looking out for those guys more. so I would say ANB didn't seem to do anything to make himself stand out, probably needed the run, but the good news is all those other guys played well.

Was he playing in the midfield or up forward? I think he is best 22 for MFC when in form, and he's our best two-way runner...

He's also off contract this year, so his selection (or otherwise) may be an indication of where he stands from that perspective...

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was he playing in the midfield or up forward? I think he is best 22 for MFC when in form, and he's our best two-way runner...

He's also off contract this year, so his selection (or otherwise) may be an indication of where he stands from that perspective...
i cant really recall mate, I only watched it on tv so its a bit hard to make out certain guys around stoppages or where they set up, due to limited camera action, so i guess i'm not really much help. like I said I wasn't really looking out for him and didn't really notice him too much either tbh. maybe he was doing a run with role?
he's been the carry over and in and out of the team a fair bit this year, which probably makes it hard for him to stay in form, especially when his ball handling is not the best to begin with. probably needs a good run of games at Casey now to work out where he's at.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's good enough to be in front of Spargo, Garlett, Lockhart and C.Wagner for that FP/HFF position, but has not been anywhere near it this year

Thought the Hawthorn game was his best for the year and he still got dropped, definitely not doing what the coaches want of him. Bloody tough to be an outside link man in our game plan though, don't blame him for dropping off really but would really want to turn it around in the 2nd half of the year or else a fade into obscurity is on the cards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back