2nds Casey Demons 2019 Discussion

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's good enough to be in front of Spargo, Garlett, Lockhart and C.Wagner for that FP/HFF position, but has not been anywhere near it this year

Thought the Hawthorn game was his best for the year and he still got dropped, definitely not doing what the coaches want of him. Bloody tough to be an outside link man in our game plan though, don't blame him for dropping off really but would really want to turn it around in the 2nd half of the year or else a fade into obscurity is on the cards

I agree with your summary of his year, but not with the last statement - he definitely could come back and bite us if traded to another club

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Geez KK and Lewis looked to have had huge last quarters.

Dunkley a little quiet after half time.

Hopefully kk can continue putting together games like this and get his confidence back, might be a handy inclusion next year on the wing.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Geez KK and Lewis looked to have had huge last quarters.

Dunkley a little quiet after half time.

Hopefully kk can continue putting together games like this and get his confidence back, might be a handy inclusion next year on the wing.
Easy does it... At present he has demonstrated capacity to be a useful inclusion in final quarters against Coburg FC

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not surprising that Lewis would carve it up at that level. He's smart, experienced and knows how to get to the right positions.

Don't be fooled though. Speed is his major weakness and that won't show so much at that level.

He's not going to be able to come back to AFL level and replicate anything close to that.

Wouldn't mind playing Lewis forward.

Smart, reads the play well, can take a mark, good set shot and is good at applying "perceived pressure" even if he isn't fast enough to lay alot of tackles.

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not surprising that Lewis would carve it up at that level. He's smart, experienced and knows how to get to the right positions.

Don't be fooled though. Speed is his major weakness and that won't show so much at that level.

He's not going to be able to come back to AFL level and replicate anything close to that.

With Jones doing well, playing around defence, I wouldn't mind seeing Lewy on the seniors bench, assisting, and yelling instructions. and giving advice to resting players. At the times when he's not playing with Casey Demons, and guiding them.

Could we be witnessing a potential Co-Captain & Coach, of Casey Demons?

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Easy does it... At present he has demonstrated capacity to be a useful inclusion in final quarters against Coburg FC

Not getting ahead of myself but he played well before the bye as well, proved early on his career he has the talent to match it at AFL level, if he continues to gain confidence at Casey I'm hoping he can get back to that form.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Not getting ahead of myself but he played week before the bye as well, proved early on his career he has the talent to match it at AFL level, if he continues to gain confidence at Casey I'm hoping he can get back to that form.
Me too. I’m just very practised in lowering my expectations (this year in particular I find it just saves time)

reTt9ba.png

wreAmOy.png

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Quiet day for Preuss - only the five frees against. Mustn't have been trying.
You'd hate to be a second string ruckman that's not even on an AFL list and seeing that you're coming up against Preuss. Last year playing Casey would have been a dream for VFL ruckmen. This year you're probably better off faking an injury. Juts not worth it.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
The problem is that we know what JKH offers (or doesn't offer) at AFL level. Hopefully Bedford has another few good games, we're screaming for a Garlett replacement.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The problem is that we know what JKH offers (or doesn't offer) at AFL level. Hopefully Bedford has another few good games, we're screaming for a Garlett replacement.

Yeh I agree but I’m also a fan of the philosophy of rewarding players in form.

JKH has played a few good games in a row now.

Anyway it will depend on what opportunities present.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Yeh I agree but I’m also a fan of the philosophy of rewarding players in form.

JKH has played a few good games in a row now.

Anyway it will depend on what opportunities present.

I really don't rate him but i agree 24 disposals and 3 goals is a bloody good game, deserves a few games at the tail end of the season to see if he can take the next step.

Maynard with 13 tackles and C. Wagner with 15

Back