2nds Casey Demons 2021 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't bank too much on mid-season draftees. Unlikely either ever gets a game to be brutally honest. Dunkley was all the rage in 2019.

Wouldn't bank too much on mid-season draftees. Unlikely either ever gets a game to be brutally honest. Dunkley was all the rage in 2019.
I think COVID cooking the U/18 comps in 2020 made this year a bit different, and maybe allowed some ok players to slip through. Agree it's unlikely he gets a gig but there's a bit more reason to be hopeful. Hibberd's age and Hunt's patchiness could open up a mid-defender spot in the next year or so too.

Yeh certainly not banking on anyone - but he took a few good marks in defense and looked to be really safe by foot. Hopefully he’s one that might have been drafted if he’d been able to play last year.

Déclase looks ok too, although he’s a few years older. If he can build a big tank in a full time program we might have a bit of a utility who can plug half back, KPD or wing?

I agree this is most likely, but if they are prepared to develop as depth I’ll take it.

Yeh certainly not banking on anyone - but he took a few good marks in defense and looked to be really safe by foot. Hopefully he’s one that might have been drafted if he’d been able to play last year.

Déclase looks ok too, although he’s a few years older. If he can build a big tank in a full time program we might have a bit of a utility who can plug half back, KPD or wing?
I think Declase would probably be a Tomlinson type break glass in case of emergency option you could play anywhere.

Turner on the other hand probably a bit of a project pick with good upside which may have been drafted had covid not hit as you said

I think both guys offer a fair bit. Declase is a beautiful kick. I'd like to see us keep him on our list next year given our lack of quality kicks. Wing forward flank type in AFL I reckon.

Turner probably a bit further away from being likely to get a game but I really think he's worth persisting with. Very composed defender. His game 100% reminds me of Lever.

There's the additional payment that they have to make if they don't keep the player on beyond this year - I would suggest that with that in mind, considering how tight budgets are, that they play on keeping Turner and Declase until at least the end of 2022.

Hore's fast-tracked recovery suggests he is aware of his own status, and that he knows his prospects aren't strong beyond this year - hence he is doing everything he can to get back and play, at least with Casey. It's a shame, as I really do rate him.

We are fortunate that in Jones and Jetta, we probably have two confirmed delistings/retirements in the can, before you consider Hore, Nietschke, MBrown & Daw. Therefore, we can afford (if we want to) to keep on a combination of Chandler/Bedford/Baker/Bradtke on low wages

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bradkte is terrible imo. I'd rather keep Daw between the two. 🤢😫🤮

Daw is cooked as well, still to big/strong for VFL but he would be a liability at AFL.

He's lost some athleticism through his horrific injury.

Daw is cooked as well, still to big/strong for VFL but he would be a liability at AFL.

He's lost some athleticism through his horrific injury.

No arguments here, tells you what I think of Bradkte doesn't it? 😉

Casey are playing the undefeated Footscray on Kayo Freebies for those unaware.

Dominant qrt from Casey, leading 6.2 to 0.1, not far into time on in the 1st ... aided by the usual Casey wind of course.
Cheers! I was getting shitty that it wasn’t on 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back