2nds Casey Demons 2021 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Knew Rosman was going to be a development player, didn’t think he was going to be this good at Football already. Bowey looks a very nice player.

Couple things.
What position did Zac Foot play and how did he go. Was reasonably stiff to be deleted, showed some glimpses and is lightning fast.
How did Deakyn Smith go? He reminds me a lot of Hibbo. Plays taller than he is. Kinda logjammed behind Hibbo, Nev, Lockhart, Bowey but I can see him getting games.

Harmes basically did dominate. Most tackles, contested possessions, fair few clearances and 2 goals. Obvs wasn't clean but he was fairly rusty.

He still seems to play a bit Dees of old getting sucked in to the contest and taking too much on. But if he can stay dangerous around the goals he will be putting a lot of pressure on Jones' spot.

I remember when things were s**t for the Dees 2007 to 2015, at least Sandringham and then Casey were generally competitive. North's reserves look even further off winning a match than their seniors do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harmes basically did dominate. Most tackles, contested possessions, fair few clearances and 2 goals. Obvs wasn't clean but he was fairly rusty.

He still seems to play a bit Dees of old getting sucked in to the contest and taking too much on. But if he can stay dangerous around the goals he will be putting a lot of pressure on Jones' spot.

He had an impressive stats sheet in the end but didn't look that great to the eye. Felt like most of his work was done in the second half which was complete junk time. Then again everything after the 10 minute mark of the first quarter was junk time so...yeah. Make of that what you will.

He'll be back in the seniors soon enough though. I think one or two more weeks at Casey and he'll be pushing Jones or Melk out.

Just finished watching the replay, that was a massive pounding.
Majak is a big unit isn't he?
Bradtke will need to add some bulk soon if he is to make it.
The rookies looked good and I'm liking Rosman and Chandler.
Weid looked like he could have kicked another 7.
It's a good problem for us to have with weekly team selection.

Harmes was shithouse
It was a very harmes game.

Get the ball a lot, look dangerous around 50 arc, but butcher the ball.

Those journos who didn't watch the game will look at the stats and see he had 30 and kick 2, but looked nowhere near it.

Still, good hitout after a month off

I remember when things were sh*t for the Dees 2007 to 2015, at least Sandringham and then Casey were generally competitive. North's reserves look even further off winning a match than their seniors do.
The trouble with north is they have a wafer thin list anyway, that's now being absolutely decimated by injury.

I'm not saying this as if they're all stars, but you put Anderson, Tarrant, hall, Corr, Dumont and polec back in and at least they have some AFL quality players running around.

It's most certainly the difference between being competitive, and losing by 60 points.

It was a very harmes game.

Get the ball a lot, look dangerous around 50 arc, but butcher the ball.

Those journos who didn't watch the game will look at the stats and see he had 30 and kick 2, but looked nowhere near it.

Still, good hitout after a month off
I'd still have in in the side ahead of Jones or Melk tbh. Chandler looks a great back up to Spargo should he get injured. We look to have some very decent depth. Wagner-less depth if you will..

I'd still have in in the side ahead of Jones or Melk tbh. Chandler looks a great back up to Spargo should he get injured. We look to have some very decent depth. Wagner-less depth if you will..
You had to go do the Wagner talk didn't you. Things were just going along swimmingly.

I don't necessarily think so, Sammy missed a big chunk of pre-season and Tom is as fit as he's ever been.

Sam's clearly too good for VFL, but I reckon he's still 2-3 weeks off AFL fitness and if Tom's still in good form it will be tough.

Did he miss any more than Brown?

I know we have selection headaches, but Brown is an injury prone 28 year old. The likelihood he isn't injured or at keast managed through the season seems low to me.
As for TMac, I can't see him sustaining his run of form. Weid will get plenty of opportunities

I know we have selection headaches, but Brown is an injury prone 28 year old. The likelihood he isn't injured or at keast managed through the season seems low to me.
As for TMac, I can't see him sustaining his run of form. Weid will get plenty of opportunities

Games played in a season 22,22,22,22,22,9

He had literally never really been injured until the back end of last year
1619739226086.png

Games played in a season 22,22,22,22,22,9

He had literally never really been injured until the back end of last year
View attachment 1114841

Damn, outside of last year have you ever seen a more consistent footballer stats wise? Margins between most stats are so slim. Averaged about 5 marks a game in every year but his last. averaged 60 goals from 2017-2019, goalkicking accuracy about 2:1 the whole way through. You certainly know what you get with him.

Couple things.
What position did Zac Foot play and how did he go. Was reasonably stiff to be deleted, showed some glimpses and is lightning fast.
How did Deakyn Smith go? He reminds me a lot of Hibbo. Plays taller than he is. Kinda logjammed behind Hibbo, Nev, Lockhart, Bowey but I can see him getting games.
Liked them both last night.

Couple things.

On a leg. Spent most of the game on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back